Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta pve build

Hello
please guide me in making a pelta pure pve
i read the swordman section a bit but there is not a lot about pelta pve build

Well, everything you need to know is your R8 will be Murmillo.

Pelta is a tank class and even actually can deal really good damage since the rework. If you plan to going to C3 (some say is unnecessary, but the class really shines in C3), there’s different paths to follow:

Pelt C3 Rod C3 Murm
Pelt C3 Hop 2 ? Murm
Pelt C3 Hop 3 Murm

and the meta, which is with Pelt C2:
Pelt C2 Rode C3 Shinobi Murm (this melt bosses in missions easily, but I think it’s boring)

Everything will depends what you want to do with you character, and the stats will also depend of your build.

If you want to build a Pelta C3, your best options (in my opinion) are:

Sword3 -> Pelta3 -> Shinobi -> Murm

Sword1 -> Pelta3 -> Hop3 -> Murm (my build)

Sword1 -> Pelta3 -> Rodel3 -> Murm

Sword1 -> Pelta3 -> Rodel2/Hop2 -> Shinobi -> Murm

Builds with Shinobi will have more burst dps along with good damage toward bosses. Builds with hoplite will have Finestra which is a great defensive buff since it gives tons of block rate. Builds with Rodel will overall be more offensive and have more dps than hoplite but less defensiveness.

Murmillo is basically a must in all builds since it increases your Peltasta skill damages so much and also synergizes very well with Headbutt giving a debuff to increase strike damage on targets. I also think Murmillo is very important to mitigate magic damage with the helmet since some spells will miss you while wearing it.

You can also pick something aside from Murmillo (i.e. Dragoon C2) but for a tanker I wouldn’t recommend it.

why exactly shinobi give good dmg? which skills/attributes?
im noob sry

Shinobi will allow you to make 5 clones which will copy (some) skills you use.

This means, for example, if you are Hoplite -> Shinobi, you will use Synchro Thrust and your clones will copy that skill.

So basically, if all your clones hit the target, you deal 5x more damage with that skill but without attributes or buffs since clones won’t copy those.

If you’re building a shinobi, make sure the main skills in your build will be copy-able by clones.

Shinobi is all about clones and kunai. The other three skills are quite bad for pvm.

EDIT:
You also take +50% more damage while clones are active.

does shinobi copy pelta or rod skills?
how exactly does shinobi sync here?

Credits to @Cless_Alvein

Note that, for Umblo Blow/Rim Blow from Peltasta, Shinobi clones will not have extra damage from High Guard’s Attributes or Mumillo’s Cassis Crista.

1 Like

hi I am new and I was planning to follow your build. could I see you skill tree as well if I could ask how to distribute my stat points

I’m running this right now, currently r6. In between Barb 3 or Pelt 2 for r7. It’s really strong, lots of AoE, lots of def/block, lots of crit, lots of p.atk. There’s little that you won’t be able to solo (so far for me at least). Hunting grounds are a cake, instances are a cake, stomping kick 1-shots mobs that you group with swashbuckling.

You will really need to invest in AoE attack ratio though for this build to shine. The +3 from finestra helps, but you’ll need even more.

The downside is some of the cooldowns are long, but that’ll be fixed at r8 when you get murm.

This is my skill build:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333444c.354555.1a3f6a7585.3f4f657a.11344575

Some people prefer to leave High Guard lv 1 and ditch the points to max Umblo Blow or get Rim Blow. I personally really like High Guard because using it with Finestra gives me around 900+ block, which translates to 80%~90% block rate in pvm.

Getting Guardian and/or High Guard is optional. I feel like getting both max along with Finestra is overkill since most physicall damage won’t bypass your block already. These skills also take out a big lump of your physical attack so you want to use them only when you have a huge mob attacking you (hence why some people leave High Guard lv 1).

Swash Buckling can be left lv 10 to max Umblo Blow, but I feel like provoking and keeping aggro is the heart of any tanker :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks a lot! :smiley: what’s your opinion stat allocations. should I go 1:3 con-dex build?

wait, block actually works now?
does not having a rod with murmillo ok?
or is rod just pure offensive skills ?

I’m full STR build. You can get up to 90 CON if you want more block / survivability (stay at multiples of 15 for CON). More than that is overkill unless you’re a very pvp focused build.

Finestra kills all your evasion now, DEX builds are less appealing.

Yes! It works, but it’s much harder to get higher block rate now (basically you need skills and very good gears).

Not having Rodelero is fine. Rodelero is a great dps class but it adds very little to your defensiveness (only Slithering, basically, but you can’t do anything while using it…). Picking or not picking Rodel is a matter of personal choice. I like more defensive characters so I didn’t pick it :slight_smile:

Block is OP, you can swashbuckling 10-16 mobs and sit right there in the middle of them like a champ, without worrying about dying instantly (as long as they aren’t magic).

Thank you guys. cyall at r9

wow thanks a lot! :smiley:

Creating another thread with similar topic doesn’t sound like a good idea so I hope nobody mind if I ask for some advice in here.
I’m planning to make a sword 1 > pelt 3 > rod 3 > and murmiilo i guess.
I want a character with the focus of shield and sword, defense and offense, I prefer offensive play style though.

Here’s my future build
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333aaac.233555.1a3a617585.65748195.11344575

How should I spend my remaining 14 sp on my pelt ? Should I max out umbo and swash or spend it on guardian/high guard.
Are butterfly and umbo trust worth the points?

As for rod, I really need a lot of advice on its skill. Most of the skill looks good so I can’t really decide which one should I take.

Oh and how much block is needed to be considered decent or good ?

It all comes down to personal preference. If you want a more offensive build I would certainly max Umblo Blow and spend remaining points to max Swash Buckling and/or keep Rim Blow at least lvl 6. Guardian is nice but it consumes waaaay too many skill points and the fact you can’t use Gung Ho lv 5 with it makes the atk penality even more severe.

Just on a side note, try to max your skills rather than distribute your skill points too evenly among them (i.e. lv 12 Umbo Blow and lv 12 Rim Blow). This is because Rodel -> Murmi already have tons of low cd skills for their rotations so fewer, stronger skills are more valuable.

Shield Lob & Langort are not worth it, not even a single point.

High Guard lv 10 gives a lot of block, but it will take out a big lump of physical atk as I mentioned before. If you’re looking for an offensive build you really don’t want anymore than lv 1.

The cost-benefit for those skills per skill point is much better than Umblo Blow or Rim Blow, so they’re very good choices to max. Umbo Thrust and Butterfly also deal very good damage without need for High Guard but Butterfly’s AoE is rather lackluster.

For rodel I would max Targe Smash, Shield Bash, and put 9 points into Shield Shoving and 1 point into Slithering. Slithering no longer give strike debuff but it makes you immune to magic damage which is still great.[quote=“WinterFan, post:17, topic:364211”]
Oh and how much block is needed to be considered decent or good ?
[/quote]

I think there might be a cap for 1100+ block because that’s when you should be hitting ~100% block rate in pvm (I’m not sure if it’s possible to have 100% block). Obviously the more block you have the better, but it’s going to be very hard hitting 600+ without Finestra or High Guard lv 10…

If you’re building offensive you shouldn’t care too much about block, tho, your shield is nothing but a big piece of metal to hit your enemies with.

1 Like

Hitting that much block sounds easy.

I have about 221 normal block, 321 with finestra active (5/5), and 871 with C-Guard (with shield mastery:block 5/5) using an Aias, with no block gems, cards, or high guard. When I activate C-guard, it’s rare that I don’t block incoming damage.

would this build work?

Sw1-Pelt3-Corsair3-Murm?

purely PvE and hunting materials. Thanks