Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta pve build

Pelt 3 isn’t very good in my opinion.

Umbro Thrust does a lot of damage, but has no overheat, a 25s CD and a small hitbox. Langort is okay, but it’s a linear hitbox, so almost impossible to hit on multiple mobs, also no overheat, and is a pierce-type attack when you aren’t doing a pierce-type build. It feels as if people are going C3 pelt just for Butterfly and that doesn’t seem nearly worth it for me.

Currently I’m still at Sw1-Pelt2… so how could I salvage this?

Pelt 2 is fine, my problem is with pelt 3. Barb is great at any point of any build. Hoplite is also good since Finestra gives a huge buff to crit and synchro thrust does a lot of damage if you counter now and Pelt/Hop get better if you go Murm to finish your build.

so Sw1-Pelt2-Hop1-Barb2-Doppel-Murm… like your current build…

weapon of choice would be 1H Spear i guess… do you mind showing you skill build?

also, does going Corsair3 dont work well with Murm?

Umbro Thrust has an overheat and it gives about as much more damage (for the debuff) as spear lunge or barbarian’s cleave.

Umbro Thrust also hits harder than Headbutt when Cassis’ Attribute is maxed. It also has about the same AoE as headbutt. It’s far superior than anything Barb C1/C2 can offer for a Murmillo build…

The problem with this build is that corsair3 uses pistol + sword and pelta needs a shield. You can’t swash buckling with pistol (only dagger) and losing the good shield skills (Butterfly, Umbro Thrust) is a big issue.

If you want to focus on corsair Swordman3 works better with it, if you want to focus on Pelta, pick Rodelero / Hoplite / Sword3.

Well like I mentioned, Murmillo is mostly a shield class. It buffs damage for other shield classes and it requires a shield for Evade Thrust and Scutum Hit. Corsair is completely the opposite from a shield user. So these two classes are somewhat hard to fit together.

If you want to build a Corsair3, I’d suggest not to focus too much on Peltasta (or Murmillo). At most you can do Sw3 -> Pelt1 -> Corsair3 -> Shinobi. Peltasta 1 is there mostly for Guardian’s evasion buff and occasional weapon flip for swash buckling (but it’s not the focus of the build).

1 Like

It does have an overheat, mb I forgot. AoE on headbutt is MUCH better than Umbro Thrust though, without a doubt. If you have any question about it, get a Oracle to use forecast on you. UT’s aoe is trash. I think Warcry would be more useful and if you actually have to level a pelt 3, it’s an extremely painful, mindboggling slow process unless you’re constantly being carried or have tons of unclaimed, left over compensation since you won’t be killing things quickly/efficiently and are banking on eventually being r8 one day.

Butterfly is okay, Umbro Thrust is okay (but does great damage), langhort is okay. This is to say you have several tens of millions of silver to invest in murm attributes AFTER getting geared because they are EXTREMELY expensive. Unless you’re sitting on a smooth 20mil as soon as you hit r8, you probably won’t even be touching the damage attributes for a while.

10/10 enhanced pelt is 7.45mil. If you’re taking Butterfly too and are relying on it for your main damage rotation, another 7.45mil. Synchro thrust? 7.45mil. This is not to count getting your damage enhance attributes for each skill. You aren’t just gonna become a murm and then start dumpstering things with your non-high base damage Murm skills unless this isn’t your first character and you are already funded and farm efficiently.

I see, so it wouldn’t work as a PvE farmer.
I was thinking of only using Pistol Shot from Corsair when weapon swapping. never as a go-to skill that i’d use on every mob, unless I really need that AoE burst.
I thought you could Swash mobs, then throw your skills (Pelt+Murm+Corsair) with the advantage of Pillage :slight_smile:

I really don’t like Spears and the Shinobi quest gets the most of my day. too bad Corsair-Murm doesnt work.

edit* didn’t thought you can’t use Corsair skills with Shields, only dagger and pistols. So I guess Corsair would really be out of the question then…

You could make corsair murm work, you would just have to put more effort into it. There’s nothing wrong with switching out weapon sets, it’s just an extra 1-second of time that you have to take.

Unless you’re some super-efficient, micro-managing GOD, it shouldn’t even really be a big deal as long as you don’t mind doing it every so often. The only time I wouldn’t recommend choosing skills that don’t correspond to the weapon stance of other skills are when it’s part of your main damage rotation, because that would get really weird and confusing, especially when bossing or in high pressure situations.

Like, for example, just throwing fencer in there for funsies might be a little weird and unnecessary, but having to switch from a shield to a pistol, especially since the weapon in your main hand will be the same, is no big deal.

Long story short: do what you want. If you find swash + pistol 1-shotting an entire room with ricochet to be your ideal playstyle, do it, because it would work. You don’t have to have 220 orange gear in every slot to do that, you could have a regular shield and a great pistol or vice versa and it’d work all the same, depending on your preference.

1 Like

Weapon swapping is a pain. Imagine you want to grind for 2+ hours but you have to actually swap weapons and wait for the little lag while swapping every 20 seconds or so. It also brings you a big problem: you need two good weapon sets (in your case a sword, a pistol and a shield).

This game lets you build the classes you want. Why hamper yourself by picking naturally contradictory classes? This is the reason hybrid builds aren’t popular (i.e. cleric builds with 1:1 STR/INT).

I’m not going to stop you from making a contradictory build. I think the important thing in this game is having fun, but people come to the forums looking for advice and from my own experience a weapon-swapping build will become a frustration sooner or later in the future.

It is true Murmillos need investment. If you’re making the character just for getting the practonium box or having fun, sure you can play with any build you want. But picking something like Barb C2 in a Murmillo build will make you considerably weaker in the future if you plan to invest into that character.

Barb2 Warcry is also considerably weaker than Barb3 Warcry due to the lack of C3 attribute. At Barb2 Warcry can provide at most +100 atk while Barb3 can provide +400 atk. 100 extra atk is pretty disposable imo, it’s probably worse than a lv 5 Gung Ho with considerable STR in your build… On a side note, I also wouldn’t recommend Barb 3 for a Murmillo build since there’s simply better stuff to get that would combo with Cassis Crista’s attributes.

I have a barb 3 murm character. It’s not just workable, it’s extremely strong.

It’s not a bad way to go if you want to be tanky and do damage at the same time. You could probably throw barb 3 in literally any swordsman build and it’d turn out alright.

Sounds intriguing, could you share some gameplay vids of your build? I just can’t imagine how BarbC3 skills would beat Pelta/Hop/Rodel in sheer amount of damage considering these classes would have 2000% or more skill multiplier with Cassis’ attributes.

So I’d prolly drop Corsair along this build. I didn’t know that you can’t use Corsair skills with shields.

so Sw2-Pelt2-Hop3-Murm?

any decent build can you recommend for my Sw1-Pelt2. Thanks

My current build is Sw1 -> Pelt3 -> Hop3 -> Murm. It’s a pretty good build. I think Pelta 3 brings a lot more than Sw2 (Umbro Thrust + Butterfly with Cassis’ attribute are both quite strong, like I mentioned before).

You can still do a lot with Pelta 2. I’m a big fan of Pelta so I usually prefer Pelta C3 builds, but you could also work around only Pelta 2.

My recommended Pelta/Murm builds would be:

Sw3 -> Pelta 3 -> Shino -> Murm

Sw1 -> Pelta 3 -> Hop3 -> Murm (my build)

Sw1 -> Pelta 3 -> Rodel3 -> Murm

Sw1 -> Pelta2 -> Hop3/Rodel3 -> Shino -> Murm

I’m not a big fan of mixing Rodelero with Hoplite. It’s not bad to play with a mix of them but like I mentioned in my other post, I’d rather have fewer stronger skills in my rotation since Pelta -> Hop/Rodel -> Murm usually already have enough skills to cycle between.

Hoplite is definetely a more defensive option than Rodelero. Hoplite has Finestra which gives tons of block while Rodelero has better AoE with Targe Smash and more skills to cycle with (therefore more effective dps). But don’t be fooled, Hoplite C3 can still pull a lot of dps from criticals, the +20% damage to medium passive, and very hard-hitting Synchro Thrust. It’s just more limited in terms of AoE and skill flexibility.

1 Like

so right now it’s more based on preference :slight_smile:

Shino - cant do the quest because of work.
Hop - more block, crit + spear
Rod - more AoE + if I’d focus more on swords.

Thanks for all the reply. I’m still torn between Hop or Rod. not really a fan of Spears in any games :slight_smile: Thanks alot :slight_smile:

2000%? Where are you getting that from?

The attribute increases it by 150% for each and the damage is additive. So Umbro and Rim Blow would be 731% at 15/15 with high guard attribute and murm attributes maxed, Synchro would be 734% then the bonus counter attack damage, and so on and so forth.

For comparison, stomping kick is 878% + 30% from Wild Nature for 908% and Scism is…something ridiculous. It’s 256% but it’s a fake multihit so it’s really just 1 large hit that hits 5 times with Wild Nature and additionally gets bonus damage from it as well.

Also:

umbro thrust lv5 is 826% and cassis crista attribute lv.10 is 150%. It not 826%+150% but 826 with 150% that mean 2065% with enchance attribute lv100 = 3097%

Nice video, though I couldn’t really watch it till the end cause the screen staggering was giving me headaches…

:sweat_smile:[quote=“sweeptheleg, post:35, topic:364211”]
The attribute increases it by 150% for each and the damage is additive.
[/quote]

That’s not really how it works, though. The 150% extra damage is the same as multiply skill % by 2.5.

Here’s some vids of Synchro Thrust and Umbro Thrust with and without Cassis Crista (my attribute is lv 10 for both skills).

Yeah, you two are right about that. I was reading the Grand Modifier thread and in neither of those posts did it show that Enhancements worked that way.

Regardless, the build was designed around having the largest AoE skills in the swordsman skill tree and clearing as quickly as possible by hitting as many enemies as possible with the highest damage % modifiers available. An unattributed Giant Swing is 30x base damage and once you learn how to use it, it’s extremely good. I don’t know if it even has an AoE attack ratio, because I’ve seen it clear full groups of mobs before.

It’s also ridiculously easy to level. At no point of time have I struggled with anything with this build.

After watching 290 clears on YT I noticed that the similarity between them was spamming waaaaaaaay too many attacks and having extremely endgame gear, both to me don’t necessarily show the optimality of their actual skill build. For me, this build provides:

A large amount of bonus crit through Cleave + Finestra (+200 without having to go hop 3)
A large amount of block with Finestra, Guard + attributes (890 when active, without blue gems)
A normal amount of evasion (Guardian’s attribute completely compensates for Finestra’s -evade)
Several skills with Large hitboxes/big base AoE attack ratios in Cyclone, Stomping Kick, Umbro Blow (circle around you), Scism, Giant Swing, and the murm skills
Several hundreds of bonus P.atk if fully buffed (+671 with DoV, 5 stacks of Frenzy with maintain stacks, and warcry)
Access to 2H swords if I choose to ever switch out for extra damage, as well as spears
Double Pay Earn with skills actually strong enough to 1-shot mobs.

Finally, although I’m trading damage off from Umbro and Rim for some Barb/Dopp attack skills, those are strong in their own right, and I lose no damage on Synchro Thrust either. It seemed like with Pelt 3/Rodo 3 there are too many attack skills, but each did a similar thing, and you only really have so many hotkeys.

hop3 is like +20% dmg to all skill dont miss it. when u get high-end gear u will see a different.

From the 1H spear attribute? Even so, you wouldn’t be able to go Sword, Pelt 3, Rodo 3, Hop3, murm or something of the nature, most builds would lose out on that damage anyways.

Getting 20% extra damage from that attribute, to me, doesn’t make other builds unviable, since Hoplites other skills besides Synchro, Spear Lunge and Finestra aren’t actually that good.

Every skill I use already gets bonus damage from somewhere anyways. Scism, Giant Throw, and Stomping Kick get extra damage from Wild Nature. Umbro Blow gets extra damage from Cassis attribute (when I decide to finally get it), all my slash skills can be buffed through Cleave and all my strike skills can be further buffed through Headbutt.