Tree of Savior Forum

Help with Rodelero Build

I’m new to ToS and I am joining in CBT2.

Any tips on this test build? Also the stat build?

dude read the skill effects of Rodelero skills most of them have effects. drop guardian to lvl1. and get rim blow and umblo blow to lvl6 for high guard boost skill dmaage to kick in.

1 Like

I think you meant High Guard to Level 6.

Anyway to OP, Shield Shoving is super useful man. Guardian should be Level 3 only.

You only get rank ups and skill points from leveling, you might want a bit more damage earlier on to make sure your damage output is okay for low level grinding. Rim Blow is worth investing into since it goes well with Level 6 High Guard, also it deals bonus damage to Petrified and Frozen enemies. You might find your enemies Petrified or Frozen if you ever do parties and there is a mage.

Montano only needs to be Level 2, you should only invest into it for the Stun and Slow.

Swordsman in my opinion should be:
Thrust 5, Bash 3, Gung Ho 0, Concentrate 5, Pain Barrier 2
16 seconds of Pain Barrier is generally enough to avoid all incoming Knock Back/Down and Staggers for those abilities to go on cool down.

Note: Target Smash deals a so much damage to the common Petrify/Freeze debuff on enemies if you have a mage on your team. Level 5 Target Smash can deal 100% additional damage (Double the damage) to those Petrified/Frozen.

Shield Shoving will save your ass if you know how to time it.

2 Likes
  • Guardian lvl 1 for Evasion attribute.
  • Maxed Umbo and Rim Blow to benefit from High Guard attribute multiplier.
  • Umbro Thrust to potentially remove enemy’s armor effects temporarily.
  • Montano for stun, and slow thanks to the attribute.
  • Shield Shoving to disable enemy for 1.5 sec.
  • Shield Bash to temporarily mix up enemy stats.
  • Slithering for temporary evasion boost.

This build should be able to effectively dodge and block a tonne of incoming damage. The damage output is nice, thanks to Umbo and Rim Blow, and the rest of the skills compliment them, although they are lower damage, by providing crowd control. DEX is key for survival, as this build relies on strong evasion to compliment the good block.

1 Like

What @Karjalainen said is right, it’s Umbo Blow and Rim Blow that needs to be level 6 to get the 250% damage bonus attribute from High guard, not the other way around.

High Guard’s attribute requires itself to be Level 6 so that you’re able to apply it to the skill. Not Umbo Blow and Rim Blow requiring to be Level 6. The damage increase that adds 20% per attribute level also maxes at High Guard Level 5 which means Umbo Blow and Rim Blow maxes at 350% damage.

“Required Level” means that the skill itself must be at that level for you to apply the attribute to it.

1 Like

Sorry? Pfft!

From this thread, btw: Peltasta / Full Tank, What Everyone Think about it

The attribute is under High Guard though?

Don’t believe everything displayed on ToSbase, actually, some are misleading altough most are spot-on. What you have to believe on is the feedback and experience from other testers who already experienced it.

1 Like

@Ltb_Regen
use 2p instead it more accurate tos simulator to the tos nexon korea 3 months ago

http://2p.com/feature/tos/class/?page=rankup

Do they have skill simulator?

I remember seeing that the Master Class NPC in cities has a requirement for Level 6 High Guard before teaching you the Umbo/Rim Blow Specialty. Although if you’re right I feel blind and dumb and need in-game image reference showing High Guard Level 1 with the attribute lol

Going to have to wait to check it when the beta starts.

If I go High Guard lvl 6 that means I have to be Rank4 Peltasta Circle3?

Yes, but that’s good for your Umbo and Rim Blow levels. If you don’t want to use High Guard for the skill damage buff, then going that far is unecessary. As others have said, you might be able to get these attributes at rank 3 instead, depending on how the attribute works.

Test 2 Should I put more points on Butterfly and Umbro Thrust?

This build is much cleaner. I’m liking the look of it. Good call on the Rodelero skill spread. You want to primarily use them for their secondary effects, rather than damage. I like how your largest damage skills are Umbo and Rim Blow. The only changes I recommend are in the point investment for Rodelero. Shield Shoving, Targe Smash, and Shield Charge all have secondary effects that don’t scale with their levels. Putting 1 point in each allows you to use their secondary effects completely, even if the damage is low.

Shield Push’s defense debuff scales with its level. The damage isn’t great, but the defense loss isn’t half bad. Shield Bash’s secondary effect’s duration scales with its level, and is worth maxing. Slithering doesn’t scale with its level, and the damage was never too impressive to begin with. Montano is worth maxing, because it is only slightly less damage than a max Targe Smash, but the 1 second stun is much more beneficial. You’ll be more likely to use it consistently than a maxed Targe Smash.

As for Butterfly and Umbro Thrust, I’d commit to one or the other. Personally, I think the secondary effect of Umbro Thrust works well with your build, and I’d go for that. Once again, High Guard might not need to be level 6, but we’ll see once the CBT starts. If it only requires level 1, the other 5 points could be used to max out Umbro Thrust, and then put a few points into Swash Buckling for that sweet sweet monster vacuum.

1 Like

If you are going to take swashbuckling to gather then you need AoE. Targe smash has big aoe, shorter CD than sheild throw AND if you didn’t notice has the attribute for extra damage on frozen/petrifyed mobs. If you’re already focuing on rim blow then why not get targe maxed as well? You’ll want to travel with someone who can freeze/pret in the first place.

I wanna go full DEX and just rely on Umbo and Rim Blow

But what about CON or STR?

I really don’t know what to tell you for it. I’ve kind of been back pedalling on stat assignment the past few days. I mean, all we can really say is “its good to have a lot of this”, and then move on. We know how very few of these substats work. We don’t have the formulae.

CON’s resulting HP has depreciating value, as the flat 85 HP bonus per point means less the more HP you have. Nonetheless, the increased statistic bonuses make a big difference the higher you go, and the Block will go up too.

DEX, on the other hand, provides Evasion and Crit Rate; however, the use of Crit Rate is at least somewhat reliant on your Crit Attack, which is decided by STR. Without your Crit Attack, there is a 50% extra damage bonus that is still nice, but the lower your base damage, the less that means anyway.

So, do you go DEX:STR, DEX:CON, STR:CON, or DEX:STR:CON? No matter what you do, something gets lost. DEX:STR would be the DPS option. STR:CON would balance offense with survival. DEX:CON would be a pure tank.

Do what you think fits your goals best. Most people will make shield classes STR:CON or DEX:CON, and splash only a bit of the missing statistic. That doesn’t mean a DPS option with a shield isn’t a good option, but I doubt it will be as common. As for the ratio, I recommend using TOSBase’s Stat Calculator. Find what mix looks best for you.

1 Like

I’m feeling like the stats don’t really impact much now that I’ve played. Even getting the umbo/rim blow at 6+ with the high guard bonus. It just doesn’t hit hard enough to kill anything at level. I switched to almost pure strength witha couple points in con and like 6 extra in dex for acc.

I don’t feel dps strong thats for sure. Sheild class i know but it feels odd regulating pel/rode to tank only when they have a lot of damage skills.

I’m 58 at this point and pacing is okish but I sure blow thru SP like crazy.