Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta / Full Tank, What Everyone Think about it

Umm, I am not lucky enough to get a key …
Anyone that have test the game, may you share it with us about what you think about full tank job?
Thanks ahead

From my experience partying with someone, you do crazy amount of auto attack damage (If you go full str route I think) however bossing will take forever seeing as all damage is mitigated to some extent. Usually, doing 90 damage? You’ll do 30 to the boss IIRC. So farming, full tank is amazing. Solo Boss, it’ll take a long time and traps are annoying once they fill the map but it is still possible. Party Boss, it works but I haven’t seen a real use as of yet seeing as bosses have so much AoE anyways.

Take my info with a grain of salt however because I’m still at a fairly low level at 3X.

Thanks Garrnett for replying …
It helps me to clear the fog a little bit …
So are you playing as Full tank right now ?
From what i see in streaming, priest (support character) and peltasta as a tank, haven’t been a real use for a party …
Do you think so ?

I’m not really playing full tank right now because you REALLY have to be in a party most of the time you’re playing just like if you were full support Wiz or Cleric.

The only real use I’ve seen Full Tank for so far is to grind really fast and that is for Peltasta because they have Swash Buckling this however is only useful in an area where there are a lot of mobs and your team has a lot of AoE damage to clear the aggroed mobs.

Cleric tank doesn’t really have any aggro skill but it is usefull 100% of the time with heal.

There is a use for partying but I beleive IMCgames stated that they wanted to make soloing relevant in all parts of the game so you CAN solo through the game. Partying however, makes the game more enjoyable seeing as you’re not just mindlessly grinding or soloing a boss. People around you are there to talk to you while you grind or make a tactic while bossing (although bosses are quite easy atm and traps are fairly annoying).

Hmm …
So the conclusion had to be made right ?
is it worth the time to play as full tank ?
what do you think ?
XD

This is a full tank gameplay. Yes it’s KCBT but the skills are the same only exp is different. The tank is REALLY useful to the party by giving buffs via campsite and food table as well as provoking mobs for the AoE damage to happen all at once.

Thanks Garrnett …
Btw do you get the key for iCBT ?
What are you playing right now ?

Yeah I have the iCBT key. I’m playing a Pyromancer atm and it’s fun but I’ll probably try different classes once I get to rank 3. I also level very slow because I am taking things very slowly. :smiley:

I am a Peltasta on iCBT my build is Hybrid equal str, con, and dex… So far so good. I can dish out many enemys and peltasta have a good tanking skill even if you have a low con… just press C on keyboard if you learn the guard attribute.it will block almost atk of your opponent.

1 Like

I am a full tank Peltasta. They are great in party play because of swashbuckling. Also if you go circle 2, your Umbo Blow skills gets a 250% boost when using high guard. I sometimes do 1000+ damage w/ Umbo blow after blocking w/ High Guard on.

1 Like

Yes but are you a full CON Peltasta? :smiley: if not, you’re never going to be a full tank :smiling_imp: NEVER! jk but in all seriousness, Umbo Blow gets a 250% boost? seriously? That’s OP.

Yep, Highly considering staying in Peltasta instead of going into Hoplite. Decisions decisions…

On another note, I’m either going Peltasta3 or Hoplite3 depending on how useful a Tank is in higher level zones. Wondering if the system will lean towards something like Guild Wars 2, where Tanking is a possible thing, but no one does it in PvE as they could just move out of the way or heal it off.

I am enjoying the class, though it is one of these classes I feel that is best played in a party, if only because of how terrible Peltasta is for soloing bosses. The damage is ridiculously bad and the mediocre SP pool doesn’t help (you can’t sit close to a bonfire to replenish it during a boss and SP items aren’t worth buying imo).

I am wondering if it is better staying in Peltasta on rank 3 or going Hoptile. Question: If I go Hoptile, can my character still wield spears after I advance her to Rodelero?

yes its kinda op on a lvl 40 rank peltasta i almost do 2k umbo blow with lvl 4 attribute on it

At… at least I still do a lot with fire ball… the only skill that actually does damage at circle 1 pyro…

Squire isnt exactly a Tank class. Its a support class. Any DPS can also take the Squre class.

1 Like

As a lvl 42 Circle 2 tanky Peltasta I can say I was hugely disappointed with it. Unless they nerf blocking, as it is now you’re 100% invuln to all physical attacks from the front while holding block with only a few attribute upgrades. All you get for tanking from going 2 or 3 ranks in Peltasta is high guard, more ranks of guardian, and more swashbucking. High guard has a 30 second duration and a 1 minute cooldown and is really only useful for big numbers on your two offensive abilities. I personally find spending sp on a move that makes all your damage neglible just so you can blow even more sp on a couple moves for very good damage not as good as just getting better sustainable damage from other class choices.

So unless they change the stats as they are in cbt or the relative values change drastically on higher level mobs (both of which are likely) just one rank in Peltasta gives you all the tools you need to take 0 physical damage.

Also soloing bosses as a tank Peltasta is the true grind of the game.

2 Likes

Peltast + Squire would be good support swordman…

@Garrnett so are you finding a lot of hidden quest ? Considering you played it slowly …
@redcloud521 and if it is like that, i am wondering , isn’t it better to max all the str ?
@WatchGintama OP !!! Mob hunt should be very easy … Any suggestion for me if i am not playing as a full tank ? Cause i see barbarian class are flashy … lol
@Reila i think it would be funny if full tank job take a solo hunt … But from what i see in twitch, do we need to solo bosses ?

So, do you guys think this class would be appropriate to use at PVP or Guild War later on ?

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying a tank should be able to solo a boss with ease. I only mentioned that because solo players should probably not choose to be a Peltasta if they want a smoother experience with the game :slight_smile:

To be fair, I feel like the bosses in ToS aren’t designed for solo play anyways…