Tree of Savior Forum

Pay2Win, what are your thoughts?

Well I’d be okay with p2p but I know most people wouldn’t be.

So I say go the Dota 2 way, make all the content available. Make the cosmetics tradeable and buyable. Have like Dota 2 a store, maybe even chests and such. Just make it all about cosmetics. I know people that farmed for weeks to get a cosmetic in RO1 hell I did it. I bet some peeps would pay 200$ for some Tree of Savior cosmetic.

I think the devs are wiser not to do a p2w system, sure short term it would work for them maybe but in the long run f2p will benefit them more

3 Likes

This really. This game isn’t another quick cash grab like Marvels MOBA or Wow Clone #42345345

This is something the developers actually care about a lot.

1 Like

As I played Elsword a lot of time, it’s visuals equipments with stats bonus are… why? Aren’t they supposed to be visual only?

The point is, imo, IMC shouldn’t sell bonus stats with items. Imo, it’s ok to sell stuff like potions, reset skills, etc., things that would not break the game’s balance to cash vs game money stuff like “huur, I will buy this item with cash to get more powerfull than Player X”.

There are other ways to produce money with a game and still get more players to play it without making it easier to win for those who pay.

Btw, I remember paying once to register in a RO’s new server. It was a low “tax” that you had to pay once to play the game. It was pretty cheap.

Maybe they could use it to avoid players making many accounts or even use them to abuse exploits.

Major threats in nowadays cash shops :

• Costumes with bonus status. Absolutely ruins the balance of the game.
  • Exp potions. But if it has cooldowns, I don’t really mind.
  • Revival items. There should be limitations to this especially in PvP environment.
1 Like

Last time a check (which is quite a while actually), Indonesian RO server still has a pay to play server. RO (back then, IMO) was so awesome we agree to monthly subscription.

Therefore, I kinda wouldn’t mind even if ToS in the future become, well not P2P, but B2P, thus both encourage old player all around Asia, such as me, who atm can’t afford that much time playing, and as well still could make quite a profit out of player. Well of course along with cosmetics and such. Because If MMORPG depend solely on cosmetics, they would not last “that” long, thus might to some extent becoming a P2W to survive.

Well this is just some thoughts. None of us know for sure till later.

xD my god the title seems like you already Confirmed that the game is Pay To Win

I don know this game is going to be pay to win game

IMCGames has stated it that this isn’t going to be pay 2 win game, but I wonder.
We should give them our suggestions and opinions of how to make the game balance and good cash shop.
This place is the perfect place for that.

Since the barrack where you store the characters can be customized and visited they can sell cool house swag!

im all for our own quarters to decorate , maybe even become our own personal store where people can visit and we can store out stock, and an NPC can sell it for us

1 Like

Right? A cool solution for monetization, no need for buying power if you can have a penthouse with a jacuzzi

3 Likes

Hearing korean saying some english words is always fascinates me, “no chancew” XP

It would be interesting for the game to be part B2P, but of course, low price (maybe $3 to $5 just to register, imo)

Many MMORPGs are turning from P2P to F2P… From the cute sprites of ToS, it is likely that IMC plans to target the younger players, who are not too keen to pay (B2P) to get into the game.

Hakkyu Kim’s games always have a cash shop component in it. But who knows, he might try some new monetization in this new game. I’d say Eve Online’s style can be quite interesting for grindy MMORPG like this

I would gladly pay more than 10$ for this game as long as it doesn’t become pay 2 win and the game has quality updates.

Hope they’ll try something new to be rentable, but with hindsight, I’m under no illusions…
Agree with you @Erokhi

I preffer Buy2Play and cosmetic shop.

3 Likes

Following that line, I remember a feature that was never fully implemented in RO. On some level of the skill: Basic Skills for Novices you were supposed to judge some other character (Like a thumbs up or down type of thing). But since this feature was never implemented one of the levels of Basic Skills was blank granting nothing at level ups. Could this be an idea from Kim himself? Maybe we can expect a lot of social features in ToS as well.