Tree of Savior Forum

Pay2Win, what are your thoughts?

Yes and extra bag storage for hoarders like myself xD

1 Like

Well I think that would conflict with the Barracks system, but depending on how that system works, then giving the option to purchase more slots would be a great source of money for IMC.

@Tiduspeco Id love extra bag space as well, I have issues getting rid of items as well haha. Always feel like they will be useful for SOMETHING at some point x.x.

1 Like

Well, character slots are okay too (I hope we can start with at least 3-5 character slots), but I think storage space with cramped small starting space would be doubtfulā€¦

That why we need 1 or 2 P2P servers. Some games have both F2P and P2P servers and everyone happy with that.

1 Like

@Tiduspeco @Nehemz As far as I know, personal bag space is weight-based. But maybe they could offer different bank slots to open for real money! I think the RO style of having to pay for each character to increase their weight limit is kind of gross, though. Especially cause it is practically a necessity to be viable in guild PVP. Bleh.

1 Like

Wish the bank slots are big enough, I donā€™t wanna start with less than 20 slotsā€¦

Well, yeah, but as the game goes on Iā€™m sure having upwards of 500 slots wouldnā€™t be a bad thing. @Tiduspeco is mentioning they like to hoard many items and with a world as big as the one in ToSā€¦

Path of Exile, or even RO is still fine for meā€¦ as long as they do not go Granado Espada route

I think Runes Of Magic had one of the worst cash shops Iā€™ve ever seen. Played with some guy that had cash shop wings with more stats than all of his other equipment combinedā€¦

As long as this gameā€™s enhancement system isnā€™t based on abysmally poor success rates that youā€™re literally FORCED to buy protect scrolls, then I wonā€™t be pissed. TERAā€™s is pretty cool. Your weapons donā€™t break, but the chance of success raises slightly for every failure you have. I just hope itā€™s fair.

I donā€™t care about any other cash shop items they want to add. Just anything besides enhance protects and the like. Those suck. :horse:

1 Like

If the game is going to be P2P, gamers from SA(south-america) wont be able to play, since the money conversion and all that crap wont motivate players to actualy pay to play it. If the company is purely thinking about income, they should put affords towards cosmetic stuff. take an Eg: Maple story, League of Legends, DotA 2.

3 Likes

If the game becomes ā€œpay2winā€ most of people will just stop playing and the game will die. But if they do charge for house, mounts, cosmetics items and this kind of superficial things Iā€™ll be ok with that. ā€œpay2winā€ is the easiest way to kill a game.

Online games usually sell consumables and cosmetic stuff. I donā€™t see ToS selling OP weapons in the beginning. They usually do that as a last resort thing to keep the Game and the Server alive. However, I wouldnā€™t like them to charge for basic stuff like vending unwanted items like cough PSO2 cough or expanding your storage/inventory.

I donā€™t mind if the cash shop accelerates the PvE experience, even if they increase drop rate and such, since you can attain that kind of content by playing normally. So as long as there isnā€™t any cash-only gear, it should work out pretty nicely.

Then again, Iā€™m not one of those competitive dudes that feel the urge to dominate the economy and stuff like that. I reckon those would be pretty pissed if the use of cash items resulted in a larger flow of in-game money.

I hope they will be just cosmetics and stuff like that. i also kinda hate things that boost your exp, drop rate or whatever. cosmetics will be enough to keep the dollar rollinā€™ as long as they are cool enough, i guess. :eyes:

1 Like

Well I donā€™t particularly mind if its something like costumes, or cosmetic items, clothing dyes ,rare item drop boosters , bank spaces and all that.

If its something that gives unfair boosts like stats and instant equips, well screw that.

1 Like

Iā€™m really excited for this game, it would be a shame if it turned into another generic P2W game like the others.
I would be ok with a cash shop for cosmetic items like weapon skins/hats/dyes, even extra storage space but nothing that says " HEY I SPENT 5 BUCKS FOR DOUBLE STATS, SUCK IT ".

Two games that do this correctly is PoE and Warframe and theyā€™re doing pretty good with the community compared with other "F2P for a while then you have to pay up son " where you can sell in game items for the currency used to buy stuff from the cash shop, motivate players to log in giving them daily log in rewards that stack up for an even greater reward for example at the 7 day mark, weekly sales for stuff on the cash shop, etc etc.

Again Iā€™m very excited for this game!!!

1 Like

I donā€™t know you guys, but if this game live to its hype I would spend rivers of cash on it. Got collect all dam cosmetics. But yeah, no P2W stuff please :3

2 Likes

What I heard is that this single developer was against p2w in Ragnarok, but since Gravity was in charge, it ended up being mostly p2w.

However, Iā€™ve also heard that since this single guy who left Gravity to create Tree of Savior, will insert everything he initially wanted for Ragnarok. This will high likely not be a P2W type of thing, but expect some sort of ā€œMarketā€ on it, since itā€™s launching on steam and steam has a lot of support to that kind of stuff. Thatā€™s not entirely bad tho, as CS:GO is only entirely alive today due to the in-game economy.

3 Likes

i do read it somewhere that Kim Hakkyu himself that against the p2w in Ragnarok and leave the dev team to make new one. If i do remember it, he also said about tos not being a pay 2 win but play 2 win instead.
God bless Kim if this indeed true to the end :pray:
as long as you dedicated to play the game you can catch people with premium boosterā€¦ that being play 2 win in my opinion CMIIW

2 Likes