Tree of Savior Forum

Pay2Win, what are your thoughts?

I don’t wanna see this as a PayToWin game…
Like paying real money for instant rare/legendary items, having extra things that gain extra stat/power in the game and silly account upgrades.
I rather see the game earning money for visual upgrades rather than those listed above.

9 Likes

I’ve seen this discussion so many times in TOSgame… everyone agree with F2P with a cash shop having cosmetic objects and some stuff like reset scrolls.

9 Likes

Well I could only assume that it will be somewhat along the lines of the early RO1 cash shop consisting of consumables and costumes with maybe a select few pieces of equipment and mounts. I would have no problem with any of those as long as the items would be obtainable in game as well aside from maybe some cosmetic features. I really hope ToS will not have the oh so popular VIP service that most games have now. But as long as it is purely an exp booster, that would be okay. But I’m not okay with having to pay monthly for a small stat increase that usually means the difference between life and death.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree. I believe that was the beginning of the end for RO. Some of the best gear in the game could only be obtained through the cash shop. That should never be the case. Cash shop should only ever be used for cosmetics and maybe small conveniences.

3 Likes

I agree, there are successful games that implemented a fair Free2play system with XP Boosts, cosmetics and mounts\pets, basically IMCGames must avoid to repeat the same mistakes made with Granado Espada and their publishers.

1 Like

I wait with impatience the international Beta, to finally leave this cheater and whatever else fRo server…
Unless ToS make a PayToStyle shop, it doesn’t disturb me, but juste that and nothing else. PayToWin will ruin ToS and will attract some negative people
Don’t want this for this wonderful game.

Haha a fellow yugioh player I see. Good choice :wink:

I agree, guys. P2W is just a no no.

I agree too, but i hope the equipments and mounts sold for real cash are basic ones, like a starter set. And some ingredients for crafting, probably the ones that are not too rare.
I really will hate it if this game went selling unique weapons, armors and accessories that cant be compared and superior to items obtainable without paying…

I for one hope that it is all cosmetics and quality of life type things available on cash shop, and no ridiculous Katar of +200 strength pay2win items. Id rather not see this game die after its first year of release because of greed, so lets hope it never comes to that >.>

2 Likes

Also hoping for a visual customization shop, maybe some extra clothing besides the ones you get from the classes, and some visual hats? Or some color changing options for the class clothes, I´d like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Mounts and Pets’ skins are good but not a total different ones…
If there are horses in the game, sell horse skins… Not a pegasus skin, unless if those pegasus are obtainable too without paying…

1 Like

Just to be clear,
Reset Skills/Stats are totally okay to be costed with real money…
I bet no one would complain to that…
Well, for me at least.
Or probably make them really rare in the game, so no one abuses it…

I honestly would love to see different pet and mount skins, maybe give them a tiny, tiny chance of being found in game, but also as an option to be purchased from the cash shop. I think balances like that will greatly extend the games life for many people for years to come.

1 Like

Oh for sure but I believe I heard somewhere that ToS will have an in-game reset, though every time you use it, it will cost more to use it again. But that might not be totally correct as of now.

Path Of Exile cash shop. If any of you have played that, you will understand. That’s a cash shop done right.

1 Like

Cash Shop only for cosmetics and gg

2 Likes

I’m also against Dungeon Tickets required to access certain premium dungeons or to reset dungeon cooldowns.

2 Likes

Oh definitely! Anything that gives players a distinct advantage should not be in a cash shop.

1 Like

Things like one-time payments to open up additional character slots would be okay, too.