Tree of Savior Forum

Patch launcher closes but no game

Ok. I got in the game now

All i did is >Disconnected any USB controller > Verify files > restart PC > replace the XML files (again) > start launcher

hope this work for you guys tho

@Skazy Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly it didn’t do the trick for me.

Maybe the game thinks I don’t have an exclusive access pack or I’m in an unserviceable region, but that shouldn’t be the case as I’m in Canada and the image above shows that I have at least 1 exclusive access purchased.
It’s quite unfortunate that I’m unable to even launch the game, so if anyone comes across a solution it would be greatly appreciated.
@STAFF_Ethan

Also from Canada, having the same problem. It really bugs me because my buddy is able to play without any problems.

This didn’t do anything unfortunately.

No matter what it freezes at file arrangement, goes to 0%, and closes. Verifying integrity will always find those same files again and prompt redownloading them in the launcher before freezing at Arranging Files.

I have tried
-Installing older versions of DirectX
-Installing DirectX from the game’s folder
-Reinstalling
-Updating drivers

I had to problem a week ago. Patcher would work fine but then stop responding and then close. The solution was provided in the thread that was entitled “tree of savior wont open” or “help game wont start” something along those lines.
hope this helps!

I just managed to get Tree of Savior to work.

I put the Tree of Savior files “Client_tos.exe” in “Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release” and “tos.exe” in “Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch” in my Anti-virus’s exception list.

A big thanks to @random78998 for suggesting looking for that old thread, which is titled [SOLUTIONS] For Launcher Bugs/Problems (For future reference):

Somewhat odd however, that it was my anti-virus that stopped the game. I never had this issue during iCBT2.

Hopefully this is the main issue and anyone who has had this issue, if putting the game in your exception list fixes it, please confirm it here.

I’m glad it worked out for you at least.

Alas adding exceptions through both Windows Firewall and antivirus didn’t change anything for me either.

@random78998 [HELP] Tree of Savior do not open!
This?
I’m about desperate enough to try that solution, but I’m really hesitant to jump on a custom .dll package from a Portuguese youtube video.

yup that. thats what i did, and it worked 100%.

i have the exact same issue here and i cant quite find any solution , i bought the 50$ pack and i cant even log in to use it is just so sad

If you try that let me know if it worked for you

I downloaded the game before launch and tried to run it, didn’t work because it wasn’t released. But when i ran into this trouble on launch day i removed all files from steam and re-downloaded them, still got the same problem. I just tried to get it running by placing the XML files but no dice.

Also i added the tos.exe and client_tos.exe to the antivirus and firewall exceptions.

I’ll try a clean install with XML next.

I’m with the same problem, a lot of players are.
we need help to solve this because nothing is working,
i’ve already tried to update my directX, change my dll, reinstal the game 5 times, run as adm, verify the game files in steam, add the client to anti virus exeption, but nothing works.

@STAFF_Ethan
I re-downloaded the game extracted the XML files to their respected locations. Then started the game through steam.

The same problem persists.

After the patch launcher is done it closes but Client_tos.exe keeps running (not visible in work bar)

It work for me! thanks dude…my anti virus blocked it from running…

Are you getting any error messages at all? Or is the launcher simply vanishing? Does the launcher show any particular messages before closing? Any more information you can provide will help us identify what may be causing the problems.

Nothing at all.
It just vanishes.

But client_tos.exe is running under taskmanager under processes.
You can´t see it in the taskbar.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I’ll make sure the dev team knows about this issue. Apologies for the inconvenience. We’ll make an announcement as soon as a hotfix is available.

We are counting on you ethan, the other players of comunity could’nt help us. i think the only way we can solve this is with the staff help. :pensive:

Yeah, nothing works.

Same situation as j.p. described; the launcher appears to become unresponsive and disappears. The .exe is still running in the background. Nothing has changed about my computer since the last international beta, which ran perfectly fine.

Please deliver us from this hell @STAFF_Ethan, I don’t want to refund already.

I do have this problem too. I`ve tried to solve it in the last two days without success.

It seems to be a compatibility problem, maybe by the fact that Client_tos.exe runs 32bits while my system is Windows 7 64bits.
I downloaded Windows 10 and the game runned ok, but i had to restore to Windows 7 configuration because Windows 10 sucks.

@STAFF_Ethan please help us to solve this. We do want to play.