Tree of Savior Forum

Patch launcher closes but no game

I downloaded the game before launch and tried to run it, didn’t work because it wasn’t released. But when i ran into this trouble on launch day i removed all files from steam and re-downloaded them, still got the same problem. I just tried to get it running by placing the XML files but no dice.

Also i added the tos.exe and client_tos.exe to the antivirus and firewall exceptions.

I’ll try a clean install with XML next.

I’m with the same problem, a lot of players are.
we need help to solve this because nothing is working,
i’ve already tried to update my directX, change my dll, reinstal the game 5 times, run as adm, verify the game files in steam, add the client to anti virus exeption, but nothing works.

@STAFF_Ethan
I re-downloaded the game extracted the XML files to their respected locations. Then started the game through steam.

The same problem persists.

After the patch launcher is done it closes but Client_tos.exe keeps running (not visible in work bar)

It work for me! thanks dude…my anti virus blocked it from running…

Are you getting any error messages at all? Or is the launcher simply vanishing? Does the launcher show any particular messages before closing? Any more information you can provide will help us identify what may be causing the problems.

Nothing at all.
It just vanishes.

But client_tos.exe is running under taskmanager under processes.
You can´t see it in the taskbar.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I’ll make sure the dev team knows about this issue. Apologies for the inconvenience. We’ll make an announcement as soon as a hotfix is available.

We are counting on you ethan, the other players of comunity could’nt help us. i think the only way we can solve this is with the staff help. :pensive:

Yeah, nothing works.

Same situation as j.p. described; the launcher appears to become unresponsive and disappears. The .exe is still running in the background. Nothing has changed about my computer since the last international beta, which ran perfectly fine.

Please deliver us from this hell @STAFF_Ethan, I don’t want to refund already.

I do have this problem too. I`ve tried to solve it in the last two days without success.

It seems to be a compatibility problem, maybe by the fact that Client_tos.exe runs 32bits while my system is Windows 7 64bits.
I downloaded Windows 10 and the game runned ok, but i had to restore to Windows 7 configuration because Windows 10 sucks.

@STAFF_Ethan please help us to solve this. We do want to play.

I know it won’t help much but i recorded what happens.

Anyone with news?
we are at the third day of the game and i still cant play.
the Know insues topic was updated today, but nothing in this matter has changed. i realy dont know what to do, i’ve already tried everything.
We are not talking about some buged monsters, or npc’s. we just cant play the game. is so frustrating…

Best you can do is redirect anyone you see with this problem to this thread since it’s the only one that’s gotten a staff response. If the thread is popular enough it might be kept off IMC’s backburner.

Hopefully this gets a hotfix patch before the weekend otherwise I might just go for a refund.

Take solace at least in the fact that others are sharing your pain!

IMC is already taking care of the problem as they said in the other topic, our problem is in their hands now.

Some members in here said that the patch works when you change you win7 for win10, but some of us, like me, cant change this because is not just a game pc, is use it to work, so i think the best to do now is wait for their update in the Know Issues topic.

Yeah , i paid 50%$ for a pack that i cant enjoy , if this does not get solve asap i will go full refund

[SOLUTION]!!!

Hey guys, I am finally able to play! It was an antivirus problem here.

Even when I added the tos.exe and client_tos.exe to the antivirus and firewall exceptions the game was not starting. So I tried to uninstall the antivirus and it worked!

I know that some people may not want to uninstall antivirus, but at least you can try to find out how to make your antivirus ignore Tos`s files existence. Maybe if you put all the folder in exceptions (?).

I hope that these information helps you guys.

See you aroud the game!

3 Likes

Same problem here. Crashes just after all files have been downloaded, and it says “Arranging Files”.

Tried everything:

-Verifying game cache
-Reinstalling the game
-Overwriting those XML files
-Creating Windows and Anti-virus exceptions
-Uninstalling my Anti-virus
-Running both updater and client as Administrator
-Reinstalling VC Runtime packages
-Updating DirectX
-Updating NVIDIA drivers

I also tried that hacky solution in the other thread with replacing DLLs. Nothing. It’s always this:

Seems like a lot of people are experiencing this problem. Please help!

Can I ask which anti-virus program you were using?

Avast Antivirus @lemon.nella

I’m using Bitdefender… doesn’t work even if I uninstall the whole thing.

THIS close to formatting my hard drive and installing Windows 10 just to play a damn game…