Tree of Savior Forum

Pardoner Skill Explanation + Simony Scroll List

hm…

lv1 heal skill + simony lv5 + divine lv10 = heal scroll lv15
scroll level will be base by simony lv not heal scroll
heal skill level will be effect to require item to make scroll (have to be real skill level not relate to divine)

I see I see, thanks!

I’m not sure if I like that only Simony level gets taken into account - if I dumped one point into a lesser used skill (Deprotected Zone comes to mind) I can still create a level 15 (max level) version of the skill and use it as such.

Yup. maybe IMC might change how it work in future. XD

Thx, nice to know 1) scrolls can be affected by attributes 2) scroll effect somewhat based on skill lvl and the user (pics were a nice touch)

lv1 heal skill + simony lv5 + divine lv10 = heal scroll lv15
Above is what makes me worry about making solid plans about making pardoner that dabbles a bit into everything (like lvl 1 deproctect like fleece mentioned) just to make a lvl 15 scroll of it. Sounds very gamebreaking.

Possible changes IMC could pull out would change the game around (speculation):

1. lvl1 heal skill + simony lv5 + divine lv10 = heal scroll lv 1 (probably the most fair and reasonable change)
  2. Simony no longer affected by Divine might (probably cripples scroll creation for pardoner C1. The only positive that i see coming out from this is that it gives more incentive then it currently is to climb the pardoner ladder)
1 Like

We still don’t know what circle 3 Pardoner skills are going to be. So hopefully it’ll be something good that will give players incentive to stick with this class all the way and not to just take it only once. Although I have no idea what it would be. Has anyone heard anything?

Questions:

1. Items: Can they be monster loot or do they have to be equip?
  2. More item in box = more damage attribute, but does item quality matter? A box with 10 - 1 star swords versus a box with 10 - 3 star sword?
  3. Do you have to clear out the donation box every time it is used or can u just continually stockpile items inside?
  4. How noticeable is the damage increase from the attribute?
  5. Any priority on what target that Indulgentia hits like closest enemies?
  6. Any pics or videos of it in action damaging monsters?

Thank you so much for the info.

I really want to know everything about this class because it will determine how I’ll distribute my points on Priest skills…but actually I’m still not sure how I want it XD First I thought I could go with low level Monstrance and make lvl 15 scrolls but now I realised there will be Divine Might scrolls too so I could achieve higher lvl Monstrance than 15 so it would be still worth to go for that lvl 15… On the other hand Divine Might’s duration sux… it would just make everything harder to use…

Maybe it’s just me but actually I think Divine Might kinda sux for self-buffing myself with it all the time just to use another skill right after it… but it’s perfect to turn Simony lvl 15 and I guess it’s a part of Cleric playstyle but not mine especially not with scrolls that disappear… X)

So at the moment this is my future build plan:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/i8br4io99g/ (It’s a STR-DEX Battle Priest-Pardoner relying on buffs and debuffs… and still 4 points left for Pardoner)
I think I’ll try to make myself lvl 15 Monstrance scrolls and it will be fine. But I’m still curious about Army Chaplain and Circle 3 Pardoner if our max rank will be Rank 7-8. It’s quite great I will be able to make Heal scrolls too and it will have a different cool down…and maybe they will be lvl 15 too… Maybe I’ll be able to skip to put any point on INT… we will see how it works. XD .

I hear Divine Might scrolls don’t stack with your own Divine Might. There was a discussion about this somewhere on this forum - I can’t find it atm ;w;

I wanted to capitalize on those revive scrolls =(. I like you, you saved me the time of not making a Priest Pardoner.

Well I think Divine Might doesn’t stack with Divine Might in the first place… I mean with 2 clerics… so it makes sense it won’t work with scrolls either. But as I heard ( I dunno if I read it here too and I’m lazy to check ) the cool down for the skills and scrolls is different so if you are a Cleric you can use DM more often.

I hope this scrolls are only for pve

2 Likes

Maybe have to be tomorrow. The person who will playing pardoner 2 isn’t me. I’ll try asking and answer as much as possible.

1 Like

Same here I would hate to see them in PVP.

1 Like

Yeah… everyone would get Safety Zone or Divine Might and then it wouldn’t be very fun.

Please correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t fully understand about this job and there’s lots of new information.

Since the effect of scroll is based on the user’s stats, and the real level of the spell does not apply when making into scroll, it is wise to focus on leveling Simony to highest level as possible and grab as many lvl.1 spells as possible?

Because as Forbidden mentioned above: “Heal Lv15 + Simony Lv1 = Heal Lv 1 scroll” vs. “Heal Lv5 + Simony Lv15 = Heal Lv15 scroll,” I don’t see any points to level the spell more than 1, or more than 5 if I don’t have anything else to level.

Another question is about Oblation. Does it only work with Indulgentia (a cure spell, not heal spell)? I thought that the skill would allow us to give free buffs to other players and they can donate some items to us as donations, if we don’t want to open a spell shop to charge them for each use. That’s what I hope to do as a Pardoner. But I will need to think again if it’s the only use of Oblation.

It would seem so! From what I understand, you can have level 1 Heal. If you have Divine Might 10 and Simony 5, you can make a level 15 Heal.

I still don’t want to see overused safety zone in PvE either… XD I think Safety Zone shouldn’t be avaible for Simony.
Divine Might… I don’t know. That skill is questionable as it is but that’s what makes Clerics cool… Maybe just it shouldn’t be avaible for Simony either.
On the other hand as a future biased Pardoner I want scrolls for pvp too. xD It would be great too if only Pardoners could use them in pvp. :smiling_imp:

@Yuzuki Yes but make sure it’s a skill that can be turned into a scroll. Mind the prices too it seems they will be quite costly. So we are a bit forced to sell our stuff too to make money what isn’t bad just sayin and at last be sure you don’t want to use that skill with Divine Might what can make skills go higher lvl than 15 as I know.

@Fleece Just adding to that… Right now Divine Might is necessary to achieve Simony lvl 15 but if there will be Pardoner Circle 3 I think you can level up Simony to lvl 15 but Divine Might makes it easy to achieve it anyway…

I’m wondering btw if Simony has other effects too than adding lvls to scrolls. I read on tosbase about the skill lvl description it says “Scrolls disappear after use” It doesn’t say anything else there…can be a wrong translation too etc. but it still made me think that maybe on higher lvls you can use a scroll more than once? I guess not but I still wanted to ask. :smiley:

I take that to mean that 1 Parchment disappears upon casting Simony.

The spells do have base stats of its own too and user attributes apply.

@Fleece & @Yuzuki
Yeah sprinkling like 1 point skill seems like the most efficient way to increase the stockpile of spells you can sell. However, its a high risk high reward type of situation. Should they ever mess around with the simony mechanic, you’ll probably be one of the first ones to feel the effects.

Unless the scroll production price factors that in o_O. In order words, the skill knows that your boosting the crafted skill lvl with simony and therefore increasing the price to produce said scroll. (pure speculation, not to be taken as a fact or a statement). According to forbidden, requirement cost are currently bugged so it would be hard to prove.

thank u for all infos about this job.

no video on youtube for indulgentia in action…

i have 1 question about scroll: you said that scroll can be sell, ok but how? in buff vending machine, at AH or just trading with buyers?

about oblation; tosbase said: Create offering box to receive donation of allies’ item. Can installed nearby Goddess Statue only.
my question is: Oblation skill, is it a the garbage? or a trash?
How this skill works?

thx a lot for answers.