Tree of Savior Forum

Pardoner Skill Explanation + Simony Scroll List

I have 3 problems with Pardoners right now.

1. They require ranks in other classes for their money skills to work (look at how squires, alches, and fletchers only need the rank where they learn their money skills)
  2. Only priests can really make money.
  3. Only aspersion scales. How long are people going to want/need sacrament and bless? Repair is always wanted/needed. The gear buffs scale with item stars. Food buffs scale off current stats. Gem roasting is useful at all levels. Item awakening can be wanted/needed at all item levels. No idea on fletcher arrows (I think archers get appraiser or something)

I really hope IMC is looking in this direction. But mammonite just shows they are looking else where.

Pretty much if you’ve been on the forum long enough, you’ll know that pardoners have been in a bad spot.
1-2) Nothing new
3) There will always be a market for buffs given it’s the right price range (plus sac last for like 2hrs). Any small bit of buffs will help shave off killing time or help with getting mvp boxes. The first couple of priest pardoners will have it easy, but eventually

I think Deaktos/ToS Mammonite was to address the issue of pardoners bringing damage value to the party (basically ppl nothing picking pardoners up for their parties). Though the 1.5k price tag that comes with it per use is pretty bad. I’ll reserve judgement on it for now until someone testes on how it works. But yeah, they really need to address the pardoner problems. IMC decided to go I have two bad points, but hey it’s two!!! (instead of having one good point first).

Despite me trashing talking it and all. I’ll still go C3 pardoner (non priest) because of class loyalty and DE.

I plan on making a pardoner alt strictly for making lvl 15 daino scrolls since those should be in huge demand. Pretty much every party will want Daino to be fully active to avoid buffs being rolled out. Zalciai scrolls should sell pretty well too.

Frankly i have no idea where get the idea why people think daino scrolls lvl 15 is going to be hugely popular. Pretty much it’s all theory crafting and assumptions, but very few actually even bothered to test it out.

Demand for lvl 15: Yes, probably as more buffs get introduced into the game
However: Nobody is going to fork over 11k for a 3 min scroll on the market.

From my experience in ICBT2 (I was like the poorest pardoner on the server cuz i went krivis/pardoner), most people would just settle for lvl 5 - 10 scrolls as they get the job done without the high cost. Even then the amount of daino scrolls and zalc scrolls that i sold over the course of the beta numbered below 50 scrolls -_-. You would also have to factor all the int type cleric builds that will actually use krivis (sadhu, druid, pd, and etc) as competition.

It’s pretty stupid to say that might change on the future. In it’s current state, it’s vastly more profitable to go spell shop pardoner. If your like the first spell shop pardoner then you’ll be rolling in the money. It was disgusting how much money he made :cry:

Even with all the problems, i probably still go krivis/pardoner (might not even get simony next time around because it wasn’t worth investing an extra 14 skill points to barely make any money) to break up the monotony of priest/pardoners in iOBT. Though i might scrap krivis pardoner if they don’t add more skills to c3 pardoner or improve on it. At least, i won’t be the only unicorn in the game :D.

Perhaps level 5 - 10 scrolls will be more popular. However, as more high rank classes come out, and people start to remake their characters with better understanding, things may change.

Also, I was too focus to level, and due to work, I can only get to Rank 5. Even the time I want to get Daino, I am not sure where to find, and have no need being a Rank 5 Priest with Krivis myself. My next character may not have Krivis, but I may also create my own Pardoner as I recognize how useful in a party.

Time will change, I am not surprised it is just the game being too new.

Still waiting on the overhaul information. No point building on something that might get replaced.

Btw, what restrictions were placed in market making selling scrolls harder? Did they remove scrolls from the market or something?

I plan on making one solely because I plan on rolling monk, and I don’t want ‘muh daino’ to be the reason I don’t get into groups.

Any money I make on the side will be nice.

is there any new information on decatose? I’ve been trying to search for new info, but no luck :confused:

Two questions:

1. Does Indulgentia heal? I may have missed it, tool tip says it does but players are saying it does not.

2. Does spell shop stay open indefinately after you log out? Or is there a set amount of time before your shop automatically closes?

It cures status effects and damages within it’s range. It does not heal like the skill Heal. The translation is wrong and should say “cure” not “heal”. There’s no reason to doubt so many people but I can confirm this. I played pardoner in icbt2. Believe me or don’t~

So I take it the [simony] revamp is being scrapped?

There was a simony nerf pre-icbt2. From what i read so far on KToS, there have been barely any significant changes to pardoner besides the new skill and minor tweaks to spell shop fixes. Disappointing :expressionless:

What was the new skill that was added?

Decatose: ToS version of Ro mammonite with 1/10 chance to instant kill non-boss enemies and 1/10 chance to get money that u used back. It was added around KToS open beta.

Outside that i basic premise i have no clue, but i have an inkling that the skill isn’t that great because there either none or less then a handful of c3 pardoners. A majority of people just go pardoner now just for DE then swap out to plague doc.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Would look amazing if you could spam this like crazy (like in RO). Not saying it is functionally amazing though.

omg thank you! I was going to do pardoner3 regardless, but this clip just made me a lot more excited for open beta. It’s exactly what I wanted to see as depicted in the skill icon. xD

oh… I couldn’t figure it out what the hell is on the icon before this… XD I didn’t even realise that’s a $ sign… X)

The animation looks fun.

I have already gone to Pardoner C3, and i make a video for new skill Decatose.
TOS krOBT - Pardoner C3 skill - Decatose

2 Likes