Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin full spr build

There are 2 main reasons to weapon swap: damage types for your auto attacks and stat bonuses.

Each mob is weak against a certain type of damage. Maces do strike damage (strong against plate) and swords do slash damage (strong against cloth). Through just weapons, clerics don’t have access to piercing damage (except daggers, but daggers are kinda meh?).

Also, maces have both physical and magical damage, while swords and rods only have one type of damage each, but generally have more of that damage.

So that too is for PVE right? So how would I know which weapon is best for a particular mob? And how often do u guys change equipment on PVE (i mean at what level you usually change/upgrade your equipments)? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Just to clear some misunderstandings: Although I use an STR paladin, I do not dislike SPR builds. However, I think it would be a waste going SPR just for sp regeneration. I do not know how good it scales with skills, or if the MDEF is good enough to warrant a full SPR build. As with CON, were already highly unkillable… being an almost immortal being walking the battlefield has its merits for full CON, but you would also have miserable DPS. (As for how much dmg STR adds, I don’t know… I just use str as a dump stat)

And as for PVP, well were Paladins… and its almost impossible for us. In PVP ranged classes have the advantage due to kiting. The best strategy for us is to actually defend till our enemy’s SP runs out, then slowly pound them until they surrender or die. Our class can outlasts almost any other class there is, aside from other specialized cleric builds.

@Rugpuppet switching weapons to match enemy weakness provides us with +50%dmg and helps us to level abit faster. As to when you should have multiple equips… then it should be as when you can afford it. I’d recommend to get a good main weapon (purple/orange mace) and the best/2ndbest common (Sword and Dagger@Lv120). If INT based, you may want to use a Rod as well. As for Shields, I have an MDef for bosses, and a normal high PDef for mobs. Also, weapon switching is not required… and as I see it, I’m the only Paladin that does this.

As for SP regen, yeah… I think so too… SPRegen Aura + SP Restoration is too good. But, I won’t recommend Diev for non-STR builds, since the main reason of getting the class should be Carve(DPS).

Hope this answers your question.

It’s not just for the SP regeneration, but by using Deprotect Zone and Zalciai, which both scale with SPR, to increase not just your damage, but also the entire parties.

With 200 Strength you increase your smite damage by about 400.

With 100 SPR you increase your damage by 100-150 from Deprotect Zone, your critical rate by 80, and your critical attack by 100-200 from Zalciai…for your entire party.

(in theory)

Neither are clear cut better, but with the correct spells the SPR should do decent damage with the benefit of massively increasing the parties damage as well.

It’ll also shine a lot more when at rank 8 you can do something like Cleric, Krivis, Priest, Paladin, Paladin, Paladin, Priest, Priest for stoneskin and even more absurd at rank 9 for Chaplain (though the effectiveness of future classes also depends on it. (of course there are other possible builds as well)

I’ve seen that formula, but also I’ve seen others. Has that formula been confirmed as correct across all classes (or at least on multiple classes)?

This post explains why people originally thought classes had their own modifiers. It was due to the fact that they did testing at different levels before realizing character level was a factor.

Hello Guys

This is my main character paladin build. I have to play over 400hrs with paladin in CBT and OBT. I would like to share about my idea and experience from paladin class with you.

the first in CBT I have to play paladin str+con but I have trouble about paladin support style because skill of paladin isn’t pretty support. and yes it hybrid but I’m try play full support paladin although build don’t match.

In OBT I have to change my paladin build to Int+spr+con I think paladin int build is not bad for play and IMO paladin int build is better than str build.

1. I think SPR is useful for paladin but not worth, feel free about spr. and If you use smite need some dex or get ring, necklace for addition Accuracy If you without dex.

2. Curse is main skill of my paladin but If you have krivis I think zaibas is better. but I don’t like zaibas because It long CD and my build can pick only one krivis.

3. Smite is stronger without str and match all status build. but It pretty annoy with CD and can’t loopable.
    IMO smite should have new attribute change calculate with INT for support build

4. Restoration is the great skill of paladin and healer. It OP make your heal stronger. If you play full int is great for you.
    **IMO attribute Restoration: SP Recovery should change CD +8s to increase sp because I would like loopable everytime.

5. Turn Undead I think this skill it so pretty efficiency of effect. you can instant dead demon or mutant around 40%-50% I think turn undead lv2 is enough if you have a lot of spr for attribute.
    IMO this skill should reduce CD is better but this time is fair but not the best

6. Conversion I think this skill is so garbage it so buggy, useless and don’t match with defense style class.
    IMO this skill should remove permanent from paladin skill and move to Tamer class or Summoner Class is better
    my suggestion about new skill for replace this skill
    1. Guardian
    ability : create link to anyone target and paladin take damage instead of the target. (this skill like Guardian Saint from cleric but reverse.)
    Lv1 max link 1 target duration 20 sec cooldown 60 sec
    Lv2 max link 1 target duration 30 sec cooldown 60 sec
    Lv3 max link 2 target duration 40 sec cooldown 60 sec
    Lv4 max link 2 target duration 50 sec cooldown 60 sec
    Lv5 max link 3 target duration 60 sec cooldown 60 sec
    or
    2. Shield
    ability : create shield icon all member party for reduce damage physical and magic around some period time.
    Lv1 reduce physical and magic dmg 10% duration 30 sec cooldown 100 sec
    Lv2 reduce physical and magic dmg 20% duration 30 sec cooldown 100 sec
    Lv3 reduce physical and magic dmg 30% duration 30 sec cooldown 100 sec
    Lv4 reduce physical and magic dmg 40% duration 30 sec cooldown 100 sec
    Lv5 reduce physical and magic dmg 50% duration 30 sec cooldown 100 sec

7. IMO this time I don’t care about paladin skill become buff or nerf because IMC never serious rework this class. (STOP BUFF DMG TO PALADIN WE ARE DEFENSE AND SUPPORT CLASS. but yes this time we are hybird.)
    If I care dps I can play krivis+druid for magic dps or monk for physical dps it better. but paladin is defense class we need more defense skill for team.
    I hope the future this class have hidden class for require paladin c3 and have a lot of useful skill for team.

8. I don’t have plan to c7 and c8 this time but I’m interesting go to Shepherd.

Thank you Guys and see you at SEA.

1 Like

What would happen if you had 500 SPR with Zalciai. According to my math you would be giving everyone against a enemy with 150 crit resistance 250 crit chance and 600 critical damage.

This means someone with 200 of their own crit chance would crit 70% of the time at level 280. and someone with no crit rate of their own would crit 40% of the time.

This seems like a huge bonus to damage for melee classes. But with the inability to obtain stat resets I am timid about going for such an extreme build. Does anyone have any thoughts about this sort of idea?

I was looking for this answer all along. I was looking for it in this thread Post 27

Turns out you have already confirmed that crit resistance can go negative values thus churning more crit rates via zalcial. Judging from what you have stated in the example, you have 275 SPR and that’s huge.

Are you comfortable to share with me your Stat build and skill build that you are currently treading on? It will be very much appreciated.

In my opinion, paladin is better focusing on killing demon or mutant. It is because Smite was designed that way (deal double damage). Dex is needed for achieving critical hits aswel as spr for boosting critical attack.
Also spr as you guys mentioned before, scalling with zalciai bonus an buffing party members.
The other status that need to be taken is Con, and you could add str aswel.
Why STR? — you can use your decent critical rate to help dps enemies when your run out of mana or cd smite, switching between valia and magas when fighting demon and non-demon monsters.

I’m working on 233 spirit (cap zaicai) 80 con rest dex for my pve/scroller

c2>k1>pally3>pardo1 crafter

I love it so far in casual exping pve, I think that capping zaicai is really nice for both solo and party pve contest, just a bit of con to survive (not planning to do earth tower with a crafter, so I’m greedy with con) and rest in dex for better evasion/smite dmg.

Rank 9 is gonna be oracle (counterspell scrolls) if I can’t craft anything better from new rank 9 classes.

Let’s be honest, paladin is a pardoner “sub class” XD

My main cleric loves him, tho xD

You can’t make counter spell scrolls, thou…

Yes u can <3<3<3<3<3

sorry to resurrect thread but this is the best thread i’ve found for discussion on high spr cleric builds.

Just wondering why there is no mention of possibly picking up priest instead of cleric c2 to get additional SPR scaling from aspersion, monstrance, blessing, and even possibly a SPR based heal from mass heal.

Also priest 3 could be taken to get even more SPR scaling from stone skin.

I would like to run the numbers for cleric>krivis (zalcai)>priest c3>pal c3

STOP suggesting cleric 1 in 2016. PLS JUST STOP

Because mass heal can only serve as a backup heal… it tends to miss a lot on moving targets… Well, that and the fact that it has no overheat.

A) read Safety zone attrbute (only circle 2, + TWENTY BLOCKS)

B) 5 heal instead of 11, yes SURE

C) oh divine might is USELESS I guess

2016 KAPPA

i don’t have anything to say about SPR paladin, zalciai has been nerfed and it’s not a viable way to boost your crit rate anymore, this topic is full of old informations, i deleted my old paladin because i think SPR paladin is not a thing now, if you want to talk about it open a new topic :slight_smile:

And btw as MrFioz mentioned:

Paladin SPR is DEAD due to the nerf to zalciai.

Luckily for me I was only rank 6 on my builded one (was the very 1st toon that I was going to reroll for rank 8)

Due to the nerf still him time to “fix” it into c2>krivis1>pally3>pardoner 1 scroller.

This post is NO SENSE and totally useless.

1 Like

thanks for input guys. I am very new so this helps alot