Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Feedback - NO BS Theorycrafting

Wait, so you’re saying that a skill that hits once, has 70s cooldown and low skill dmg is good? Dayum. It’s not like the skill is as weak as Earthquake, right?(oh wait, it is! :o)
And uh… What’s the differences from iCBT2? Barrier’s dmg is still the same as it used to be. I’ve never said Barrier is bad, the dmg definely is tho.
btw; you didn’t… really answer my question about why you kept on going with Paladin after c1(for Restoration ofc). You only kept talking about your gear and that really isn’t what I asked:

That has nothing to do with my question XD (if wasn’t it better to only go Paladin c1 and then move into other classes if all you’re actually using is Restoration)

I know what you are saying but provided it works as well at 200+ when mobs have more hp, one-shotting high level mobs with high hp is very useful.

In 50 dungeon one shotting 3~4 out of 8 mobs twice every minute is good yes. That’s 40 - 60k hp you’d otherwise not have done. Cure has a 27 second cd, that’s a little over 2 uses per minute. How is Turn Undead any different?

The main difference is it wont work on bosses. You don’t use it for damage, it’s utility comes from one-shotting a group of mobs at a success chance. It seems pretty reliable.

Unfortunately i didn’t get to test it on the higher level paladin due to not having the skill points. Sorry I can’t test this out.

1 Like

This doesn’t answer if the increase scales or if the increase is flat. We know it effects all heals but does the very effect itself scale? Like say if it adds +100… then if you add more INT do you get +101 or more?

Yes Heal scales with INT, thus you get double scaling from INT with Restoration. Mass heal is not as noticeable as far as I’m aware from seeing it in combat.

Nearly doubling my heal tiles.

I’m sorry maybe I’m not wording myself correctly. I know heal scales with int but does restoration scale with int? That’s what I’m trying to ask.

The only reason why I’m asking so much is from videos I’ve seen restoration in use it doesn’t seem to be the case…? Or maybe I understood the numbers wrong. Is it possible you can show us a video with restoration + heal, restoration + heal + divine stigma buff (or something else int increasing), then heal + divine stigma without restoration. That would confirm it perfectly.

I only have this video but for this build i didn’t stat INT at all. I’d rather not have to do a video just for the sake of recording something that I am explaining works from having seen it working.

Link: Tree of Savior - Krivis/Paladin Level 7 Aukuras and Level 1 Restoration

1 Like

Okay thanks anyways :slight_smile:

Please click the link above. it shows how restoration works.

Edit: the point is, Restoration also scales with INT due to the increase in your heals. Sorry I’m not too clear on that.

From what I understand of that video is that restoration is a flat number and not scaling with int due to how it works with Akuras giving it an exact +100.

The number it adds to heal is about +180 but due to heal giving varied numbers it’s possible that the +80 is not due to INT but rather the normal variance on it. However where the +100 is added in the heal formula itself will make a difference if whether it’s flat or scaling, but it’s too hard to tell with so few numbers.

1 Like

I was giving you some helpful tips because clearly you struggled whereas I didn’t. You missed the point. INT has better scaling than STR in my opinion. You are welcome to disagree and make your own topic. Thanks.

Paladin c3 is viable as a dps, by going for c1 Paladin just for restoration is not worth it due to sacraficing a c1 of something else and having a dps skill that will only become redundant due to bad scaling at level5. Ie, im talking about Smite.

1 Like

What’s this about zalciai scaling poor with spirit? Unless the skill was changed since ICB2, which I don’t recall. The description of 1 spr = 1 crit atk and -0.8 crit resist was accurate. So that means with deprotected zone and zalciai, 100 spr = 200 crit atk and 80 crit essentially. At least thats how I played before. Did these skills change?

That video is severely lacking in information, we don’t know the skill levels, character stats nor atribute levels.
Restoration scaling with INT because of your heals doesn’t make sense (or you aren’t wording it properly), as far as I’m aware last time I checked heals add the bonus from Restoration to Heals, the thing here is a very ignored fenomena of how Heal tiles work.

Healing from Heal tiles is a secondary buff which last jsut little enough for it to only trigger once.

What this buff does via it’s duration is basically force one HP recovery which gets a buff to how much it restores from a formula, now, due to it forcing HP recovery it also recieves bonuses from the likes of Aukuras, Restoration and Healing Factor.
These being flat values and separated to the healing from the Heal tiles themselves.

1 Like

Not at all, Zalciai is the same as in cbt. The issue is with picking krivis 2 AND Paladin to benefit from SPR as a stat. If you have stone skin + zalciai, obviously you are going to benefit from the block and the dps. But in my opinion it’s better to spread the stats in con, int and dex due to the difference it made in my 2nd Paladin build.

By all means get krivis for zaibas and zalciai, but Cleric2 has more versitility due to level 10 cure and level 10 heal and a better safety zone with +20 blocks.

Restoration effectively doubles ( almost ) your bonus to healing. So take your base heal amount ( 5% of your max HP ) and the skill level of heal, then take the bonus you would get from INT and Hp regen, then double that bonus and add it to the base heal amount.

So restoration adds HP regen, but also doubles the bonus you get from HP regen. While restoration is active, you get double the bonus you get from INT as well, so 1 point in INT ( and/or HP regen ) would count as 2 while restoration is up.

So in the video, the first heal without restoration heals for 461. The player’s max HP is ~4000, so we can estimate that the base heal value from max HP is ~200. Take away the base heal skill value of a level 5 heal (107) and you get a bonus healing value of ~154.

Then, while restoration is active, heals for 644. So taking off ~200+107, the bonus healing is ~337. The effect is essentially almost double bonus healing.

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s wasn’t meant to be a demo for this topic. I hope you find the information you are looking for or please go ahead and test restoration yourself. Thanks.

I tested Restoration myself on ICBT2, funny enough I also played a Krivis/Paladin.
While the healing from Heal tiles has been reduced the formula itself hasn’t changed and has proven to work like it did back then, I know how it interacts with Heal and Aukuras via personal experience.

That’s fine then, you have your answers you seek. Thanks very much to Zhouyu for explaining the formula.

Restoration changed during kToS, and now applies this bonus to healing. I think it was a sneak buff, and wasn’t mentioned in any patch notes. Just INT build priest/paladins started going “oh wow my mass heal heals for like 1500 more than it used to suddenly”

Hm, now this only makes it more interesting to how it interacts with Heal then.
While it does add itself to heals the ammount it increases is oddly high then considering it’s given as a flat bonus, but now it seems to sneak itself into the calculations of heals.
Specially if it does go as high as ‘‘Sudenly 1500 more’’, particularly for the case of Mass Heal which as far as the last known calculation for it goes due to it being rather flat HP% aside.

This requires either further proper testing or the good ol’ datamining, shall keep in mind.

1 Like

As i said before, I didn’t stat int for this build in particular. But for my Cleric2 > Priest1 > Paladin3. I had 150+ int from stats and gear and the difference was very noticeable. Restoration has almost double scaling with Heal-tiles based on how much you stat INT and the initial 5% + flat heal value.

Just as Zhouyu explained above.