Tree of Savior Forum

LF 2 Paladin Builds

Hey guys! Trying to decide what to roll when ToS launches next week. Paladin really intrigues me. I’ve played around with the TOSbase skill calculator quite a bit but I’m curious what is popular out there. I was wondering what the popular builds and stat distributions are if you are rolling one of the following:

1. STR DPS Paladin (and what ratio of stats? all str?)

2. Int/Spi support paladin (and what ratio of stats?)

Thanks!

Cleric2/Dievdirby/Paladin3/X.
pick kabbalist, oracle, plague doctor or pardoner for the 7th rank.
Statwise it’s mostly str with dash of con. (4str/1con ish.)

Int paladins simply don’t have enough dmg, probably. Barrier’s dmg attribute needs testing.

And paladins don’t have useful spr scaling tbh. Barrier’s + Magic def is irrelevant as barrier itself is far better at preventing said dmg entirely and turn undead only works on mutant & devils and has a 70s cd.

Paladin is pretty much str only atm.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. The only reason I’m hesitant to roll a STR paladin is because while I can use a skill reset potion (if I don’t like it and would prefer a more traditional cleric build), I would pretty much be stuck with my str stat distribution. :frowning:

Could you tell me if mostly str with a dash of con is the best option even for cleric1>priest2>paladin3>x? I do like dps a lot but I’d like to be able to heal a little bit for when I’m playing solo or trying to help the party.
I want a Paladin just because it’s a Paladin. I always liked Templar/Paladin classes that can dps to some degree, tank more than other classes but less than a warrior, while having access to healing or periodic healing…

In my opinion the only viable str paladin build, as none of the skills require any spr/int. You can set up the barrier in combination with your hp regen skills (Healing Factor, Akuras, Restoration) and heal yourself for like 500hp/sec.

Sample of Akuras + Healing Factor

Paladin is pretty much str only atm, int build options need more research first.
So yes. Str + dash of con is fine.

But without cleric2 on a paladin you will have very little healing, and most teams wouldn’t pick several clerics on purpose. So i would still change classes.

Not even remotely.
-No cleric2 means you lack group healing (They will die).
-Healing factor works only saves a single target, though it is nice.
-Aukuras/Resto combo requires aukuras lvl 15 and squire’s food table buff to cut regen down to 1s a tick. Yours is 7.5s a tick with just lvl 10 aukuras. Also it’s stationary with a 2min cd and can be killed by mobs.

Just go cleric2. ps, that’s a chaplain video.

1 Like

OK let’s set things straight, no one is taking a STR based Paladin to serve as a primary healer in a party. I know that was a Chaplain video, but the point was to show the Akuras + Healing Factor effect. Alternatively, yes, you could take 2nd circle of Cleric and even the third, but it has little to no synergy with Paladin, but then again, nothing does.

You mean aside of earth tower where paladin3 is one of the most defensive builds you can bring? Where people only bring a single cleric for healing?

Healing factor is incredibly strong even without aukuras. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sErvbC3UNio

You are a god damn idiot, and your advice is the equivalent of telling people to jump of a virtual cliff.

Not sure who is the idiot around here. First of all, no one ever brings a Paladin to Earth Tower, because it’s much, much easier to use a simple scroll. Second, even if you did include a Paladin in your party, it sure as hell wouldn’t be a melee DPS based STR paladin, which has about as much group utility as a dead hippopotamus. INT based, with 2-3 circles in Cleric, or SPR with maxed out Stone skin? Maybe.

What matter is that it works even without scrolls, which we won’t access to immediately.
Secondly, thank for you confirming you don’t know how restoration scales heal.

And sure int chaplains with tons of barrier scrolls will be preferable.

But a cleric2/paladin3 is at least viable for earth tower, where as your “only viable paladin” is not.

Tries to win an argument by quoting Wikipedia, /facepalm.
Restoration enhances your hp regen, Akuras reduces it’s delay by 12.5 seconds and enhances it further. It isn’t much, but it’s better than nothing for solo grind.

Taking your route, he might as well drop the idea of STR and go for 4/1 INT/SPR

Hahahaha.

Not only did you not test restoration and refuse to look it up.
But you also conveniently ignore that “Everyone does it” is a ad populum fallacy.

This was a argument about paladin builds being viable or not.
It isn’t about what cleric build is absolute best, or what majority of people run with or prefer. (ps, is the earth flat?)

Which is why, you are fit for the title of idiot.

Fair enough, didn’t know that one, neither is it listed under the skill.
But I’m a bit puzzled about how exactly does it work, does Restoration itself scale with INT now, meaning +500 int would add +600 Recovery at lv 1?

You can insult me all that you want, your urge for an alpha position means nothing to me. Also, I still do not know what are you trying to prove. The OP listed two possible routes and I focused on STR one, which is clearly visible from my post.

Yeah, skill/attribute descriptions really need to be more accurate.
As for the scaling, from what i saw it doesn’t scale with int itself but rather that restoration gets a bonus in combination with heal.
Which is either a double int + level value or simply restoration’s value x 1.5 x 1.1~1.3 (aka it treats it as if it was int for the heal formula.)

Either way it seems to rival the int scaling other builds can get with a decent lvl restoration, so they are quite decent healers. Though it’s not as good as int past lvl 280.

Sorry for the name calling, getting a bit frustrated when i’m doing my best trying to give advice and seeing it get undermined on regular intervals.

1 Like

I played a str paladin in icb2 and had no problem getting parties as primary healer. It might be different for content like earth tower, but in general most people aren’t that picky as long as you can keep up with heals.

I don’t think that most people in icb2 could even tell the difference between INT and STR paladin, but once game goes live…