Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Feedback - NO BS Theorycrafting

What’s this about zalciai scaling poor with spirit? Unless the skill was changed since ICB2, which I don’t recall. The description of 1 spr = 1 crit atk and -0.8 crit resist was accurate. So that means with deprotected zone and zalciai, 100 spr = 200 crit atk and 80 crit essentially. At least thats how I played before. Did these skills change?

That video is severely lacking in information, we don’t know the skill levels, character stats nor atribute levels.
Restoration scaling with INT because of your heals doesn’t make sense (or you aren’t wording it properly), as far as I’m aware last time I checked heals add the bonus from Restoration to Heals, the thing here is a very ignored fenomena of how Heal tiles work.

Healing from Heal tiles is a secondary buff which last jsut little enough for it to only trigger once.

What this buff does via it’s duration is basically force one HP recovery which gets a buff to how much it restores from a formula, now, due to it forcing HP recovery it also recieves bonuses from the likes of Aukuras, Restoration and Healing Factor.
These being flat values and separated to the healing from the Heal tiles themselves.

1 Like

Not at all, Zalciai is the same as in cbt. The issue is with picking krivis 2 AND Paladin to benefit from SPR as a stat. If you have stone skin + zalciai, obviously you are going to benefit from the block and the dps. But in my opinion it’s better to spread the stats in con, int and dex due to the difference it made in my 2nd Paladin build.

By all means get krivis for zaibas and zalciai, but Cleric2 has more versitility due to level 10 cure and level 10 heal and a better safety zone with +20 blocks.

Restoration effectively doubles ( almost ) your bonus to healing. So take your base heal amount ( 5% of your max HP ) and the skill level of heal, then take the bonus you would get from INT and Hp regen, then double that bonus and add it to the base heal amount.

So restoration adds HP regen, but also doubles the bonus you get from HP regen. While restoration is active, you get double the bonus you get from INT as well, so 1 point in INT ( and/or HP regen ) would count as 2 while restoration is up.

So in the video, the first heal without restoration heals for 461. The player’s max HP is ~4000, so we can estimate that the base heal value from max HP is ~200. Take away the base heal skill value of a level 5 heal (107) and you get a bonus healing value of ~154.

Then, while restoration is active, heals for 644. So taking off ~200+107, the bonus healing is ~337. The effect is essentially almost double bonus healing.

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s wasn’t meant to be a demo for this topic. I hope you find the information you are looking for or please go ahead and test restoration yourself. Thanks.

I tested Restoration myself on ICBT2, funny enough I also played a Krivis/Paladin.
While the healing from Heal tiles has been reduced the formula itself hasn’t changed and has proven to work like it did back then, I know how it interacts with Heal and Aukuras via personal experience.

That’s fine then, you have your answers you seek. Thanks very much to Zhouyu for explaining the formula.

Restoration changed during kToS, and now applies this bonus to healing. I think it was a sneak buff, and wasn’t mentioned in any patch notes. Just INT build priest/paladins started going “oh wow my mass heal heals for like 1500 more than it used to suddenly”

Hm, now this only makes it more interesting to how it interacts with Heal then.
While it does add itself to heals the ammount it increases is oddly high then considering it’s given as a flat bonus, but now it seems to sneak itself into the calculations of heals.
Specially if it does go as high as ‘‘Sudenly 1500 more’’, particularly for the case of Mass Heal which as far as the last known calculation for it goes due to it being rather flat HP% aside.

This requires either further proper testing or the good ol’ datamining, shall keep in mind.

1 Like

As i said before, I didn’t stat int for this build in particular. But for my Cleric2 > Priest1 > Paladin3. I had 150+ int from stats and gear and the difference was very noticeable. Restoration has almost double scaling with Heal-tiles based on how much you stat INT and the initial 5% + flat heal value.

Just as Zhouyu explained above.

It generally helps to perform math only when you know what you’re doing, not whatever it is you’ve demonstrated here.

And thanks for the video @web_nervepress
You confirmed Restoration does not scale with int, at least for aukuras.

To go into more detail regarding heal:
Max health = 3924
lvl 5 heal = 461, 453.
lvl 5 heal + restoration = 644
Aukuras = 153
Aukuras + resto = 253
lvl 5 heal formula = 5% base health + ( ((50 + (75 + INT)) × 1,5) × 1,1 ~ ((50 + (75 + INT)) × 1,5) × 1,3

3924 / 20 = 196 (5% health heal.)
Subtract from the heal we saw, so we can backtrack the 1,1~1,3 multiplier.
461 - 196 = 265 |or| 453 - 196 = 257
265 / 1.3 = 203,8 [or] 257 / 1.3 = 197,7
265 / 1.1 = 240,9 [or] 257 / 1.1 = 233,6

Meaning our ((50 + ( 75 + Int )) x 1.5 ) should be between 197,7 and 240,9.

129 ( 50+75+4 ) x 1.5 = 193,5 however.
So you got a bit more then 4 int.

However we can exclude that restoration adds +100 flatly to heal tiles, since our lowest multiplied number (240) would still not provide a large enough value to yield 644. (240 x 1.3 = 312 ||| 312 + 196 = 508)

Your doubled theory is possible within these ranges but only if the regular heals were on the high side. Should be easy to confirm with a larger sample size. (aka more heals)
197,7 x 1,1 = 217,5
217,5 x 2 = 435
435 + 196 = 631 as minimal range. Needless to say 644 is indeed above it.

However there is another possibility.
That restoration’s bonus healing could for some reason be multiplied by the additional healing formula.
ergo:
100 / 1,5 = 150, dur.
150 x 1,1 = 165
150 x 1,3 = 195

So restoration should add somewhere from 165 -195 healing for that theory.
644 - 165 = 479
644 - 195 = 449

Which also corresponds to the range of the regular heals.
I’m betting on the multiplier theory :smiley:

Ps, Mass heal would be far easier to test as it doesn’t have a randomized multiplier.

2 Likes

Don’t you think that’s too much investment for a situational skill that’s basically PvE only? I mean, Smite does a pretty good job at killing demons/mutants already(idk how it does against those lv200+ strong af mobs) Idk, I’d consider having it if the amount of affected mobs was higher at lv1, right now it requires too much investmente for me to think it’s worth it.

Let me just go over my stat distribution for my next Pala, it’s not neccesarily right, but from playing to r6 and having got a feel for conviction + smite combo.

Right so, I never played a melee character before. I’ve just played around with archer c3, quarrel shooter c2, sapper c2 and rogue c1 so I have a rough idea how str:dex builds work but not for melee…

Multihit skills, true aoe skills like ranger barrage (with 3 overheat), elemental +% and armor +% modifier bonuses, like carve being pierce makes it good against leather armor AS WELL AS non-cd spammable skills like skyliner from highlander c2/3.

STR is really good for these multihit or spammable no-cd skills, yes i totally agree. 300 STR is better than 150 DEX. The problem with dex is your crit rate falls off at 140+ and again at 200+ somewhere. This is because your crit rate scales with your level, and the higher level you are, the higher dex you need to achieve a high crit rate.

[Removed Build]

In a previous build for paladin where I went for 185 base SPR, 190+ with armor and accessories, I could feel a fast scaling-issue occuring the higher level i got. This was felt through using Zalciai which is similar to dex in that it scales at 1 spr to 0.8 crit rate instead of 1 to 1, dex:crit rate.

The main benefit of zalciai is that it also gave an additional 400 or so crit atk due to having high spr and level 100 attribute giving +100, and +70 base atk at skill level 10 for Zalciai.

An additional problem with this build is, more points in spr less points in con… my heals were really bad too due to low int… And i felt it was more work having to setup zalciai than it was worth due to the level penalty to crit rate and having to be within melee range to do any real damage.

I prefer not to do an auto-attacking build because it requires staying within melee range for long duration so for me Chaplain is a no-no and i want to easily switch between dps and support. Otherwise STR would benefit me a lot more if i were to maintain an auto-attacking setup. But that’s not the case.

Because of going for 120 base con as a c2 cleric > priest1, the goal being that I outlast my party members to use ressurection in pvp. The issue with this though is my dps was lower than i’d like and felt a whole rank was useless due to picking priest when there is another priest in the party.

What i learnt from this is con is absolutely necessary for survive-ability at higher level when you can easily get one-shotted by bosses. But I don’t want to invest ALL my points in con to achieve that.

Another thing is physical attacks do knock back and when you have to kill paota 5 times a day in missions who deals all his knockback with physical attacks you start to realise con doesn’t help especially with low ping and safety zone animation gets stuck. Once his agro is on you you wont be able to do any dps because every hit will do knock back due to his large hitbox.

Paladin has the ability to achieve high single target damage due to having high skill base damage. With DEX and conviction, each hit has the potential to do an additional +50%. After testing STR:DEX builds with archer class, STR is superior when skill base damage is lower, but for skills like broom trap which has high skill damage, and musketeer snipe, you’ll get a much larger boost from that +50% damage than you would as a full STR build.

Remember I have no intention of relying on auto attacks later down the line due to depending on high single-target dps and cure having enough damage for ground-type mobs.

DEX will also drastically increase my survive-ability and reduce knock back as well by evading physical attacks. If i take a hit or 2, I can easily heal right back up to full and have lots of tiles on the ground for my party.

At rank 7, Pandamic enables me to spread conviction to more targets for that additional +480 damage per hit. Incineration scales off both conviction, magic def debuff from resist elements and INT and is also multihit. It’s also a debuff which is spread through pandemic to hit more targets.

I hope this all makes sense, but if you have any more questions I would be happy to answer them.

2 Likes

I’m pretty certain restorations effect is multiplicative, but i couldn’t explain the results my self. I’m not that into analyzing the data. But yes Aukuras DOES NOT scale with INT, you should however get the additional benefit of having higher level restoration. But this is barely noticeable. You are better to invest your points in other skills.

That’s why Restoration is a one-point wonder. And why I’m stressing that so much.

I’m fairly certain that Higher INT DOES NOT effect restoration bonus for Mass Heal, but in the case of Heal-tiles it certainly has around double scaling with INT plus a multiplicative value to the rest of the base heal.

I believe that restoration bonus was tested during icb2. The results were, that the hidden bonus works similarly to Sadhu hidden bonus and doubles the non-hp related part of heal (therefore scaling with INT).

To stay on topic - @web_nervepress - what are your thoughts on getting only 1 rank of paladin in some other build? It would give the heal bonus, some elemental nullification from resist elements and small peel from smite or as you mentioned somewhat useful turn undead.

I haven’t played for a couple of days and there’s currently a maintenance ongoing right now. However, its funny you should mention but this patch also means Saddhu doesn’t get a buff to OOB anymore from cure, zalciai, monstrance, restoration, etc… Just thought I’d mention.

@Crow_mw Paladin is very questionable support so i’d advise against it so you can pick something more stable such as Chaplain with an extra rank for Cleric c2 at Rank 6. That way you get twice as many heal tiles.

In my opinion level 5 resist elements is kind of useless, it’s a 3min cool down and the duration is extended by level. Max it or don’t get it at all.

That leaves you with Turn Undead and Smite, but a higher level cure or heal or carnivory would benefit you more as it’s reliable dps.

Edit: It can work but remember what you sacrifice, I would prioritize cleric c2 or c2 Priest over Paladin.

1 Like

This extra bonus to healing from just having restoration up ( not talking about HP regen ) wasn’t present in iCBT2. It was added a little while ago on kToS. Paladin/Priests noticed their heals were doing a lot more suddenly.

@web_nervepress Higher INT does effect the bonus from restoration when using Mass Heal. The first person I tested this with only noticed such a huge increase because they were a high INT priest/paladin ( no SPR ). ( Mass Heal scales with both SPR and INT ).

Thanks for the guide! Btw

1. How’s Barrier lvl 1 vs lvl 5? Does the 80 mdef worth the skill point as you can still get upkeep time 100%.

2. How you value TU now as they reduced target -3. Still something at level 4?

• Turn Undead
    : Fixed an issue where Turn Undead was dealing Strike property attacks.
    : Fixed issue where enemies were being killed in a wide area.
    : Cooldown Reduced.
    : Skill range increased
    : The skill now applies to [Skill LVL * 1]Targets, From [3 + SkillLVL * 1]Targets

It’s good. Since it has a chance to one-shot mutant and devil type enemies I’m taking level 5 turn undead over smite.

I’m going to be doing this build for international, a full int paladin.

Conviction gives a bonus to each element by -20 resist per skill level. With divine might it’s -120 to each element. If you have 4 x elemental gears you’ll get a full +480 attack per hit for the duration of the debuff. Because of the way Pandemic works it will stack conviction on all enemies around the debuffed enemies. In which case Incineration will get +480 attack per hit, discounting elemental bonuses for each element.

Conviction also goes into negative values. So you are guaranteed the full bonus attack. Even auto-attacking works.

Additionally, some points to note about the Animus necklace:

• hp recovery will be 850 with aukuras + restoration + 90 Con at level 280

• Animus (40% of 850) will give a bonus of 340 magic amplification.

• Zalciai also gives +45 magic amp with attribute.

Animus also negates your hp recovery. So as a matter of fact, I’m stacking restoration and aukuras to get the full effect from Animus. That juicy +40% magic amp.

Cure and Zaibas also have double scaling with INT. So as long as you are full-int, that scaling won’t drop off in end-game. The additional damage from Animus, Zalciai and Conviction will also stack with these skills.

1 Like

Lol your build totally change! But I can see your vision in that build. Altho it seems like you only getting good damage at Rank 6.

So about Barrier lvl 1 vs lvl 5, what do you think of the extra 80 mdef? If it’s not that great you can even get higher turn undead leaving Barrier to lvl 1.