Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

a little number lol dont expect lot of damage from paladin

I’m just here to learn. But thank you for your consideration. I have STR Paladin in the works using Cleric C2 > Diev 1 Path. I know you are against it so I am looking for alternatives.

Do you have any suggestion to add, because I am all ears, mate? :sunglasses:

I’m open to do a pure INT build if there is a good one. Though I do not want to go for a Priest Route. I don’t like maintaining too many things when I play. I don’t think Paladin is a strictly STR build just because Smite is a STR based skill. I am not leaning for it because it will be a game changer in terms of DPS. I like its unique set of skills to provide support in its own special way.

Which is better in your opinion?

Cleric C2 > Krivis C1 > Paladin C3 or Cleric C1 > Krivis C2 > Paladin C3?

I’m thinking Rank 7 will be Plague Doctor for the utility and the additional damage from Incinerate which will benefit from Conviction (?).

Do note that I’m biased against it not because “I just don’t like it”. There are just too many issues surrounding melee STR builds.

Here’s my top 2 reasons

1. There is heavy CC in melee. As early as lv 40+ you have mobs with knock downs for normal atks. These go thru [safety zone] so how do you protect yourself? You move away, but then if you are away you can’t do your damage.
  2. Scaling is more often than not very poor. By this I mean they almost always: hit 1x or have a 100% atk modifier. [smite] sorta answers this with its 200% modifier vs devil and mutant types (plenty of that) and below 200 it works. But then you come face to face with a pack of red truffles.

IMC knows though. Deivdirby’s [carve] and paladin’s [smite] got buffs a while back. So it’s something.

So you’re torn between cleric 2 vs krivis 2.
Why are you going krivis though (not saying it’s a bad choice, I need to know your motives for the build)? Is it for the 2 debuffs (for [incinerate])? If so krivis 1 will be enough. If it’s for [zaibas] then krivis 1 isn’t enough (but that forces you down an INT build because 200% INT damage mod x 9 hits at lv 5 or x 14 hits at lv 10). Is it for an easier early game? If so, all builds work from 1 to 100 (pardoner buffs).

As for rank 7, just a heads up. In the past IMC has made “all skills” available for use in a new class so people can size them up. Later IMC will break those skills up into the following ranks of that new class. For example Rank 6 was the highest rank in icbt2 and all the druid skills now where available at rank 6. Now the skills are split between druids 1 and 2. IMC MIGHT do the same to plague doc when rank 8 comes out. I’m not saying not to go PD. I’m just giving you a heads up on what IMC has done before.

This certainly will not happen. It’s not that they will split the skills into multiple ranks. But instead make balance changes to those skills so that they are still relevant by having circle 2 or 3 in that sub class. And will add at least 1 new skill per circle. That much you can expect at least. ^^

Cleric C2. No question. Krivis c2 is kind of a mistake. But that’s my opinion from playing both variants. Paladin doesn’t benefit from NOT having Cleric C2. Priest C3 is an alternative for a Full-support but it doesn’t replace the healing abilities of a C2 Cleric. Although Mass heal is indeed amazing when maxed level. Hope this helps.

Not sure why people are so against C3 Priest into Paladin. You don’t have the status resist that benefit the entire team but you can at least aim to keep the team alive because you have high-spr. Meaning natural status resist.

It is elitist that people believe their tried and tested methods are infallible when that is not true at all. If you aren’t willing to try both alternatives then you have no right to size up people’s ideas.

Just because you know a thing or two about the game, doesn’t put you a bar above other people. Just choke it down and let people experience the game through experience.

Read what you see on the forums, but always try to test everything given the opportunity or ask someone with more experience than you on that class that you know and trust.

1 Like

So now I’m curious. Unless I misunderstand, Paladin’s Restoration aura gives you (roughly) doubled tile healing amount. You also have a very large regen bonus, especially if you took Krivis and also get Aukuras. That should mean that a Cleric C1 -> Krivis C2 -> Paladin C3 should be just as much healing as a Cleric C2 -> Krivis C1 -> Sadhu C2+ build. Really, any build composed of Bokor, Diev, Sadhu, Monk, Pardoner, Oracle, and Druid has no additional healing boost outside of Cleric. However, I typically hear people repeat that Cleric C2 is sufficient to be healer in current content.

As far as I can tell, that really only leaves 3 possibilities:

1. Most builds need Cleric C3 to heal effectively, and Paladin can get away with Cleric C2.
  2. Most builds need Cleric C2 to heal effectively, and Paladin can get away with Cleric C1 (which you have argued is not the case).
  3. The reports of additional healing from Restoration were incorrect, or it was a bug that has since been fixed, and Paladin is rendered equivalent to other builds.

Perhaps I can get some clarity on that particular issue?

actualy when you are the only healer in party, Cleric C1 are not enough to keep all your party alive. But if you got a good party ( no chicken head running ) it good enough. But cleC2 are better in my opinion.

im a cle1-PR2-Pal3 right now and it realy hard too target mass heal to the ranged DPS ( they are running around everywhere ). Usualy i only keep my tank alive and heal the nearest DPS. Even if restoration doubled heal tile still 5 tile are not enough. Then revive realy cant used to be a panic button like what i think berfore, it have a realy small area T-T. This is what i feel playing my pala right now. Lack in everything, 7 class are not enough for cleric lol.

About SPR give natural resist is it true ? How much resist it will give ? is there any formula from this resist cos i cant find one.

And you know this for a fact how? Do you work for them? Are you part of the development team?

hahaha its the same question for you dude. Are you the team dev ?

Might I ask which of my posts would have you confuse me as part of the dev team?

Which is why i already mocked web for saying that, it’s very inaccurate.

The added bonus seems to range between 20-50% depending on stats (Reference), Spr/Int seemed to get most. Not entirely sure how it’s calculated though so take it with a grain of salt.

Where as Cleric to cleric2 is a over 100% healing increase (twice as many tiles + occasional divine might.)

Aukuras can work with just skill lvl 5 and the squire food buff. (r3 squire cuts it down by another 10s.)

But either way aukuras is just not ideal for healing due to it’s 2min cool down, stationary nature, since enemies can kill it and that it’s flat healing that doesn’t scale with max health.

Answer is nr3.

Cleric2 is just is quickest path to getting that amount of healing that still leaves open 2 more ranks. Also really good for int builds due to it boosting heal’s flat scaling as well.

Priest3 would normally sufficient for most builds, but for paladin3 it’s not remotely as ideal due to skill overlap, sheer cost in ranks and that you’ll need to delay priest3 or paladin.

And keep in mind i’m mostly advising cleric2 due to ET and other lvl 200+ content. Though it does help out a lot prior to that.

1 Like

I don’t question choosing Priest - works very well since you have a lot of buffs to help out in damage. You also can get to Unlock Chaplain should you wish to get into. I am actually contemplating on it.

I would imagine it would be better as an INT build?

Would a Cleric C2 > Priest C2 > Paladin C3 work?

Well, goofed up and posted this on the wrong thread. Reposting here after deleting the other one.

Thank you for the test. Perhaps you can add some input on exactly what’s happening. Based on that video, your stats are

Level 10 Heal
Level 5 Restoration
181 INT
8275 health
324 Health Recovery (post-Restoration)
313 Magic Attack

Your average heals were
No Restoration -> 1176
Restoration level 1 -> 1795
Restoration level 5 -> 1802

Now, the Heal formula on TOSBase is

Recovers HP equal to 5% of the maximum HP
Additional HP Recovery Rate: ((50 + (35 + INT)) × 1.5) × 1.1 ~ ((50 + (35 + INT)) × 1.5) × 1.3

So your base is 5% of 8275, which is 413.75.
Your base additional heal at level 10 should be 252.6 average.
Your additional heal from INT should be 325.8 average.

That would be an expected 992.15 total. However, you report an average of 1176. Your tooltip indicates 609 average additional heal, where a calculation would suggest 578.4 – not sure what quite went wrong there, either (perhaps an equipment bonus somewhere?), but it’s much smaller than the missing 200 actually observed. Could this missing 200 be from your HP Recovery number?

I don’t think we have quite enough data to declare anything about Restoration levels, but the difference between no Restoration and any Restoration is in the 620-625 range, or just over 50%.

I guess that leaves a few possibilities:

->Doubles Additional Heal (625 observed vs. 609 tooltip)
->Increases Heal by 50% (53% observed vs. 50% theoretical)
->Adding some function of HP Recovery (could also explain base discrepancy?)

I guess there could also be some funny contribution, like doubling % based AND adding HP recovery. If it is adding HP recovery, then that might explain the issue with your base heal being too high. 404 % heal + 609 tooltip additional heal + 156 HP recovery prior to Restoration = 1169 – fairly close. Double your percentage heal and add HP recovery from Restoration and you get 1741. Then again, that’s a rather precarious sort of manipulation, especially given that I might have goofed something up along the way.

how significant sp recovery attribute from restoration skill?
is it give any effect on potion too?

You’re forgetting the additional healing from heal’s skill level, that should add at least 100.

And check the 2 posts above the one i linked as well, they reported much smaller increases with different stat builds.

But i could find no difference with lvl 1 vs lvl 5 resto, so i’m inclined to think hp recovery doesn’t affect it at all. Are there any easy hp recovery equips for testing purposes even?

And i do know said combo uses the stats of whoever casts heal, got surprised once when a str pala gave my int diev that almost 50% boost.

1 Like

About Conviction, the description says: fire, ice, poison and lightning property resistance goes down, however the debuff on the enemy includes earth property as well when you pass the mouse on it.

Can someone confirm if the description is wrong and it does count earth in?

Just tested. Conviction does affect Earth Property Attack too.

However, u need to hv +Earth Property gear.

*Cafrison set—> Conviction only affect the 2nd attk as the 2nd attk is Earth Property. (1st tick=normal attk)
So, the Earth Property dmg will not be calculated when u use any skill.

2 Likes

I did include the level-based heal amount; that was listed separately as “base additional heal at level 10”. Base heal at level 10 with INT set in formula to zero is (50 + (107*1.5))*1.2 = 252.6. Average INT amount should scale as INT*1.8. At 181 INT, that’s 325.8. Your own tooltip suggests slightly higher healing than that formula (609 vs. 578.4 – off by 30), but certainly nothing like a missing 200 or so. After that, it’s 414 more for percentage heal, which should put you at about 1000. Going by the tooltip amount, that should be 1023, where your observed was 1179. Gotta make up that extra 156 somewhere.

The formula on ToSBase does not seem to correctly predict your healing amount, which is making this quite messy. Just raw HP recovery addition doesn’t work out either. I wonder if this is just an unintended, buggy mess. There are so many hidden mechanics in ToS that it can be hard to tell what’s what.

I guess heal numbers with respect to HP Recovery stat can be tested if there’s some Krivis-Paladin around. Aukuras should give some HP Recovery, so see if that affects healing amount alone. Then try Restoration alone, then try Restoration + Aukuras. Having someone else’s Krivis might be worth a try as well, but that’s not ideal – want to eliminate any confounding variables such as who casts what and what the class selection is.

I suppose it could also be adding HP Recovery and doubling the INT portion alone? That would get at the outcome you’re seeing in terms of the with/without discrepancy, plus might explain why that other player had so little benefit (if he had low INT and low HP recovery stat?). If that were the case, then you’d have strong early benefit, but weaker long-term benefit as the max health portion starts to outstrip the base and INT portions. If the opposite were true and the max health portion were affected, then you would expect weaker early benefit but approaching that “doubled heal power” notion benefit at high levels. How this bonus is implemented is rather important in that respect.

1 Like

wow thx so much man. btw it does to earth damage too
so conviction can add 500 damage in total. nice

Thanks! Wow. +600 elemental attack with divine might. That’s really impressive. Since it also applies to skills as well (as long as you have added elemental attack from equipment).

Will have to make a completed guide on equipment and ‘awakening’ to get all the elemental bonuses.
(I know that you can use headgear from market, but I don’t like this mechanic. Feels like cheating. haha)

By the way, I had forgotten what the set was called but there’s a set that you can farm in the 240 dungeon.

For INT-Builds this can work, it’s the cloth set and it gives ice property attack: