Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

conviction and elemental resist should have include holy properties

Question: If I am going Cleric 2 -> krivis 1 -> Paladin 3 -> PD

Can I go int/con/SPR for stats?

Also what attributes should I max then?

and what end game equipments are there? Do I use mace or rod?

I was thinking of doing this also, although I havenā€™t thought of what skills to max at Paladin C3. Do you still get Level 15 Smite despite not getting STR?

I just read that even with a huge SPR investment Turn Undead doesnā€™t change much. Has that been addressed already? Or is it the CD the only fix so far? BUT STILL, there are a bunch of other skills benefiting SPR such as Deprotect Zone and Zalciai. But does this build need Deprotect even?

I also got a little turned off given that Akuras has a long CD and is quite limited given that itā€™s stationary. If it was remotely near the CD of the Diev Statues this would have been really nice.

Thereā€™s huge talk that STR isnā€™t really a good stat for Clerics, so I am really considering looking up an INT build also. So far this is what I am gunning for.

And finally whatā€™s a better progression? Cleric C2 > Krivis C1 or Cleric C1 > Krivis C1 > Cleric C2.

Iā€™ll post my findings here too. It seems really hard to get to the exact formula of how much restoration increases heal from heal tiles unless I go spend some real cash on skill reset potions and use up my stat reset potion.

Here is my current stats

16666 hp
407 int
298 hp restoration

Restoration skill is at 0 level attribute (till I found out how it works, and also silver is rare to me and I need to upgrade other attributes :3 )

Without restoration buff

Heal tiles based on calculation of 5% of hp + additional heals based on int (showed in the image is) + restoration will put us to around:

833.3 + (930 ~ 1099) + 298 = 2061 ~ 2230

This formula is largely correct, heals are all around that heal range.

with restoration lvl4 buff

Based off the same formula

833.3 + (930 ~ 1099) + 451 (added restoration buff) = 2214 ~ 2383 is what is expected, but this is what I get

Really baffling, so what exactly does restoration do to enhance the heals to this extent? And what is the formula? In the tests I run the range is around 3032~3287 heal, averaging around 3160 heal.

3160 / 2299 (average based on formula) = 1.3745 (37% percent increase on average for a lvl4 restoration)

What is more intriguing is when Restoration gains a level, the heals increase substantially (not just by the extra +17 hp recovery). This is what I get when restoration is at level 5 with divine might buff (Heal tiles are preset at lvl10 heal prior to buff).

The heals range from 3350~3532, averaging around 3441. If calculate % increase with restoration buff we get:

3441 / 2316 (+17 heal) = 1.4857 (48% percent increase on average for a lvl5 restoration)

In conclusion

Seems like the heal amount is following the level of the restoration instead of just hp recovery. We just need to know how much it heals per level and how each component of the heal affects the formulaā€¦

[Edit: 1]

[Edit: 2]

1 Like

What are the best stats (on hats) for STR paladin?

May I know your class progression? You are a full INT but have Dievdirby. Iā€™m curious. :blush:

I only have 1 circle in paladin for the Restoration and Resist Elements buff. Progression is as follows:

Cleric 2 -> Dievdirby 2 -> Paladin 1 -> Dievdirby 3 -> Kabbalist

Thank you! I thought you were a C3 Paladin. :blush:

Wanted to be a C3 paladin but not enough circles :cry: Maybe when we have 10 circles then Iā€™ll go C3 paladin.

Is your Carve Attack still strong even without STR? Is the Owl Statue effective as offense skill? Iā€™m looking for a really good Strong INT path for my own paladin.

I have a INT Cleric 3 -> Paladin 3.

Itā€™s pretty good. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s the best DPS build out there but surely it deals a considerable amount of damage with heal + cure + conviction + smite. For my support capabilities I only have resist elements and divine might, which imo is a bit weak (compared to revival, stone skin, etc). But the big strength of my build is the healing capability. With lvl 15 heal and restoration nobody will die unless they get 1 shot.

You can go the cleric 2 -> diev 2 -> pally 3 path, but youā€™d be losing out on diev 3. Owl statue depends on INT and itā€™s a pretty good offensive skill (just has a long cooldown). Carve attack is a good single target DPS, but I donā€™t like it myself for being so restricted to single target. Imo itā€™s not worth it going paladin C3 for R7 class. Itā€™s good as R6 but not R7ā€¦ Theres better options for you there.

I also have a STR paladin being a Cleric 1 -> Priest 1 -> Diev 1 -> Paladin 2, but I eventually gave up on that build because just carve attack and smite is quite lacking as DPS skillsā€¦ I prefer my INT paladin much more now.

1 Like

Yes it is, on average lvl12 carve with little strength deal around 1-1.2k damage per hit (on 20% attributed). On monsters weak to pierce it deals 1.6-1.7k per hit. Owl statue is fantastic. Though Iā€™m low on silvers so it only has 30% attribute as of now, it deals nearing 3k per tick; hence each time the owl attacks, it deals out 9k damage to all monsters in its range.

Smite at level 5 is not too bad. 6k on monsters weak to holy. In all Paladin1 is quite a good choice for a filler class if one wants to have more of support than dps.

1 Like

Not sure sure if Carve Attack is strictly single target. I have observed in some cases that I get to damage two mobs when they are adjacent/ extremely near each other. I am thinking that the 5 hits might be distributed in a single area, not a single target. So if a target happens to die on the 3rd hit, I think the last two hits, hit another target when there is one.

The hits will get divided between targets if theyā€™re too close to eachother.

But you wonā€™t deal more total damage if thereā€™s more mobs in the attack area (since the hits will divide between mobs).

Therefore itā€™s considered single target

True that. Sorry, I wasnā€™t able to add that I think its a bad thing that it actually spreads that way because the damage is going to be split. Maybe even randomly.

That is the biggest downside on the skill for me.

And the fact sometimes your character will freeze up trying to do the attack animation.

It happens to several skills. Iā€™ve noticed that too. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s my internet connection but there I donā€™t know.

@_Nekorin
Do you think you can test your heal with a Krivis Aukuras, to check if HP Restoration improvement does affect the heal instead of Restoration level alone? Krivis do not use Aukuras much and in the middle of the heat of battle we might have missed Heal improvement due to their skill.

Considering that at level 3 the Restoration skill unlocks a level 100 passive skill, I do believe that it works for something more.

After spending much time on this thread, I am pretty convinced that going INT will be way better for Paladin in general, regardless of which supporting classes you take. The investment in STR will never shine against other classes anyway so might as well embrace the INT route and own the healing bit for majority of times. Thank you all for your input and insights. Youā€™ve all been very helpful. :blush:

Finally, I find someone with more than lv 1 [carve]. How many hits can it do and what lv do I get max hits?