Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

Hello

What do you think about my current Prist/Paladin build… (PVE – 140 Con - Rest SPR)

This guide has helped me a lot as someone interested in Paladin, thanks for posting this!

I have a few PvP related questions:

1: What rank is the conviction debuff, or rather, can it be resisted?
2: After landing conviction, does smite also hit players three times?

Got interested about the battle league. So only headgears with two rows or more work in it?

no it can’t be resisted.

yes

you do not get elemental bonuses from stats in battle league. Stats from headgear and even boots and necklaces do not work in battle league. That means the bonus will only apply on a 1:1 with elemental skills like zaibas and incineration.

1 Like

Thanks! I looked all over the place trying to figure this out, guess it’s not much of a hot topic since Paladins are seen as less than ideal in pvp. I appreciate it :smiley:

Alright, so after some consideration I think I’ll be changing my build a bit at Rank 7.

Someone said something about Krivis C3 at Rank 7 being a bad idea, and at first I was skeptical, but doing some further research since said person didn’t elaborate on his comment (That’s what pisses me off the most, I can take critiques, but at least give me one reason so I can think about solutions, am I right?). I am currently trying to think on which would be better for my Hybrid Paladin, PD or Kabbalist… I like Kabbalist more, because I’ll already have good physical skills with Paladin C3. But having only Zaibas and Barrier as magical damage is not enough for PVE imo as I feel I’ll still have a rotation gap.

My current stat strategy is:

Rank 1-3 - 3:1 INT/SPR
Rank 4 until 50 CON - 3:1 - STR/CON
After 50 CON - 2:2 - STR/INT (Until 73/74 invested)
Then 2:2 - CON/SPR (Until target invested number is reached)

This should put me at:

STR 152 (73 invested)
CON 83 (63 invested)
INT 152 (74 invested)
SPR 80 (59 invested)
DEX 3 (0)

HP 13914
SP 3654
HP Recovery 285
SP Recovery 309
Physical Attack 422 - 422
Magic Attack 422 - 422
Accuracy 273
Block Penetration 215
PDEF 135
MDEF 151
Evasion 273
Critical Resistance 83

So what are you guy’s thoughts about it?

C1>K1>K2>P1>P2>P3>KBL1
or
C1>K1>K2>P1>P2>P3>PD1

I don’t think PD skills will have good synergy with my build but I could be wrong since I’d be taking it mainly for the resists and healing factor. I want to be an Offensive Support/DPS so I am actually considering going Kabbalist to have Revenged Sevenfold / HP Buff / Merkabah.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
Today i found this build:

And i also wanted to know from you, Paladin fans, if it is viable to do or not.

You are splitting INT and STR making you weaker in both. Personally thats a “no”. Also I’m guessing STR is for [smite] and [conviction] right? Some people swear by it, but again personally STR on a cleric is a “no”. I’ll keep saying this so you understand that this is me and not the absolute truth about clerics. Personally (<- this word again) STR on a cleric is trying to be a swordsman that traded tanking for healing, and we all know how swordsmen have it bad. Even IMC knows because swordsmen are getting 30% more atk from STR in ktos. IMC at least acknowledges STR melee is in a bad spot.

Now back to the build. You have cleric by default and krivis 2 therefore you have [heal], [cure], and [zaibas] for damage on the INT side. You have paladin 3 therefore you have [smite] and [conviction] for damage on the STR side. All the INT skills mentioned scale INT by 200% by default while all STR skills mentioned scale STR by 100% by default. The combo has [smite] scaling STR by 300%. I would personally (<- that word again) rely more on [conviction] + [zaibas] or [conviction] + elemental attribute (arde or ledas or that unkown rod that adds 100 fire 100 ice 100 lightning elemental atk). If (notice I use the word “if” signifying how I’m not sure) [conviction]'s -100 fire,ice,lightning,poison (sadly, no holy or dark) translates to 100 more damage per element listed, that’s 100 total (not hard STR) you don’t “need” just for having an elemental off hand.

This is a different story all together if (that word again) you plan to go Van Helsing and focus on devil and mutant types. But again, be advised that STR melee isn’t really in a good place.

Now you may conclude that I seem to be biased against STR clerics and melee in general. I totally am. Take this with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Are you the OP of the Battle Paladin? That build was really awesome read. It actually made me think of stopping my Cleric 2 > Diev 1 > Pal 3 build. This make more sense as an INT / STR hybrid.

I’m just weighing out the effect of letting go of Cleric C2 over Krivis C2. But this build seems awesome sauce.

I think PD is great for support, even if you don’t buid with INT. Incinerate Damage is awesome off the bat. The only thing that’s a bit iffy is the fact that we don’t know yet what later circles of it would offer. And if Rank 8 will work well with it as a gap filler. (At the moment that the best it is, a gap filler for what happens to R8 onwards.)

Dude… I’m not asking on advice on the entire build.
I don’t care about anything you said.

I’m asking if I should pick PD or Kabbalist as a Rank 7 job. I want to know which one would have the best Synergy within my build, that is the sole reason why I shared so much detail about it. Please refrain from wall of texting when people didn’t really asked for you to.

I am not the OP but I am following a similar build. I really liked it too. :slight_smile: It’s fun to play and recently someone said to me in a dungeon and I took it as a compliment: “You are the first happy paladin I’ve seen in this game so far”. We were doing a level 130 dungeon run. Hahaha

If you don’t care about people saying you will fail and yadda yadda, go for it!

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. :blush:

I’m just a little concerned about not getting Cleric C2. How’s your healing and you don’t have additional blocks on your Safety Wall which is such a great skill.

1 Like

I focus on support healing during dungeons. Since healers need to venture between monsters to heal melee, I tend to ease up their hardwork by focusing on healing the melees in the party. My healing is good enough since I have INT so not having that many heal tiles is OK if the party has a decent balance between melee and ranged DPS / Tank.

If there is only a tank and myself, I tend to keep the tank healed and protected while the priest or whatever class is doing the healer role focus on keeping ranged dps alive.

Safety wall is crucial but you’ll want to not share it during dungeons because of the low number of blocks at level 5. It is enough since you’ll have decent magic defense and your physical defense will be absurd (If you go Plate, which I did. Currently at level 38 Plate Mastery). My Cleric build is simple: 5/5 Heal, 1/5 Cure, 5/5 Safety Wall, 4/5 Deprotected Zone.

Since Paladins can increase Party resistances by a LOT, plus Krivis has high Fire resistance, it’s very easy for me to make the tank almost immortal. lol

[Edit]

I forgot to mention. I had a C3 Krivis using Rod on my party the other day. He had Zaibas 15 hitting for 1.5k per hit. Mine hits for 1.2k at level 10, but instead of only having that I can hit up to 4 Devil/Mutants for 6k+ without crit twice. (I turn off the knock down damage during dungeons because I know it’s a pain in the arse when people toss mobs around.)

PD/Oracle/Kabba/pardoner are all equally viable as r7 options for palas. Choice for it is entirely up to you.

But be warned your build is already ruined. [Like most in this thread.]

No cleric2 means you have insufficient healing for ET, which weapons are bis for paladins. And more annoying to keep party members alive.

Likewise you are losing stat points simply by spreading them out like that. It will be noticeable when we get future levels though. And poorly spent to boot. (sp regen headgear + sp potions is far better then spending points on spr.)

And please stop judging content by the lowest level performances, it does not compare past lvl 200 in the slightest.

Are you the one playing my character? For reals, why do you feel like you need to say something?

I don’t care. Have fun playing your default/safebuild and I’ll have lots of fun playing my ruined fail build. :slight_smile:

People like you guys are the reason why people can’t enjoy this game past 200+. That’s why you are salty about it.

Just letting you know, you both are not the first idiots that say this kind of bullshit. Stop blocking people from doing what they like to do. Games are suppose to be fun, if said person is having fun with his/her character, you don’t need to go all salty nerd about it and point out that a full INT would be better at Magic damage and a full STR would be better at physical damage. That’s plain ■■■■■■■ obvious.

[Edit]

For the record this build was tested and worked fine at end game content in the Korean server. kbye

You are free to do what you want, but don’t go pretending to newbies it’s anything remotely sane.

Just as i am free to warn you that you are making a mistake.

At least have the intelligence to understand c2 and i are trying to help you in a civil manner. If that ticks you off, please seek mental guidance.

I call bluff, show me.

No, you guys are being ■■■■■■■ elitist bastards that what you are being.

He asked me about the build, I’m not shoving it to anyone. Not like you both are trying to shove your poor elitist ideas towards us.

It was actually iCBT @level 200.

I’ll quote the build creator here (He went Krivis C3 on Rank 7 I wont do that):

[quote]@SanRan
Level ~200 on the iCBT, but without last Krivis circle, there were only 6 Ranks.[/quote]

My bad for massing that up.

Anyways, just stop pretending you need to come here and reply to me like I need to follow your ideas. If I didn’t know better, I’d say me having fun with something that you think it’s bad is bugging you. :stuck_out_tongue:

You were also super vague on the only on topic comment you said to me. About the rank 7 classes I could pick. You merely stated that they are all viable. Awesome. No comments on it, no reasons why each of them would be good and whatnot. You are really not helping, you are just being a jerk.

With a full int pally c3 what kind of numbers would one see with the barrier spell !?

I mean when the enemies touch the edge of the barrier that is. Any 1 know or tested it ?

Hopefully @gangosojp is the only one he hurts with this “advice”. Normally I just flag people who insist on really bad advice, but I just had to flag that guy in the archer forums saying “don’t use item based skills in dungeons because dungeons don’t drop the items you need to cast them”. That was waaaaaaaaay more damaging to a new player than the stuff in here.

Personally from my own forum experience it’s better to just let people do something and figure it out first hand. Unless they ask a specific question about mechanics it’s better to not even get involved. Like someone asked in another thread about Resist Elements I replied with the answer and boom they came to their own conclusion. It’s actually better that way than sitting there trying to explain what exactly is bad or good since that’s subject to bias and opinions rather than facts usually.

1 Like