Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

excellent, you would be similar to my build then. xD

C2> Diev1> Pala3 > (Any)

And you are right, the concern would be what to pick at rank8. As such, the best would be to have a good foundation on your build such that at rank8, you have the option to pick it or not.

2 Likes

Which one is more easier to level in class rank order?
Cleric 2 > Diev 1 > Pal 1 > Monk 1 > Pal 2 > Pal 3
Cleric 2 > Diev 1 > Pal 3 > Wait for R8 to decide > R8 …
Cleric 2 > Diev 1 > Pal 3 > Monk 1 > R8 Monk 2

i need some tips @_@!
please. thank you! :smile:

All I can say is that this:

Cleric 2 > Diev 1 > Pal 1 > Monk 1 > Pal 2 > Pal 3 >>> This route will get you invested into Monk and as I firmly believe you will need two ranks into the class. This is because of Energy Blast. But it also boils down to preference. If you feel it is right as a rank filler I think, it should be fine. BUT the moment something great comes in at Rank 8, let’s hope it makes sense with a single Rank in Monk.

In terms of leveling though, I think getting Monk in R5 has a bit of edge to it, as some of the best STR skills are in the class.

If you are playing safe Cleric 2, Diev 1, Pal 3 won’t be all that bad. You’ve work hard getting to PAL so I I think by that time, you’ve gotten a hang of the bumps already.

Important thing is that you are enjoying. So just keep playing. :blush:

Energy blast has a lot of downtime and is ranged so it doesn’t combo with conviction very well. Monk is not strong until circle 3 when you max out your damage skills, one-inch punch, energy blast and double punch. The higher level Energy Blast has a longer duration so it does more hits so level 5 is not really enough. In my opinion even Turn Undead is a better skill because at least it has a high chance to insta-kill appropriate targets.

The point of the Monk c1 is to have infinite burst potential with double punch when other skills are on cool down. You main dps skills will be conviction, smite and carve (pierce). Double Punch replaces your basic auto attack so it’s going to be useful after 200+.

A support class at r8 would be better in my opinion than getting Monk c2 because your focus until level 280 will be PvE, I don’t think trying to be good at too many things will benefit you.

Monk is not actually better than Paladin for leveling or support. Paladin is actually the better option in PvE and has a lot more utility. The reason is because Monk is a r5 and Paladin is a r4, in terms of damage they are about even as INT or STR.

Monk’s best skill is one-inch punch for it’s single target damage, this is the main reason to go for c2 and c3 in a STR/DEX build. Mostly for PvP.

@irongaia may as well get paladin c3 first then pick monk, you’ll miss out on conviction and level 15 smite at r6 otherwise.

1 Like

Like I said, it’s a minimum of two ranks, right? Did say there is value to getting Monk C1. But I wasn’t able to explain it as well as you did. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am actually quite interest in the option. So I might just go through the motion and wait for R8 to pick and R7. Monk or Plague Doctor, I don’t know yet.

Also given that you want to focus, wouldnt getting monk make you focus more on offense?

Paladin focuses on utility, support and healing. You won’t have time in party play to use double punch as often as you think you will before level 200. Most enemies are mutant or demon type anyway, so smite is generally the best skill in most situations.

Let’s talk about Conviction, when you use divine might to increase the level of conviction (level 6) you’ll do +120 attack for each element, fire, ice, lightning and poison. You need equipment with elemental property attack to recieve the effect.

Losing out on conviction at r6 is very costly for Paladin. With double punch, you’ll be doing +960 (2 hits) elemental damage per strike because of the debuff with conviction with 0 cool down. Carve will do 7200 additional damage (15 hits).

Smite scales with skill level. An additional +500 attack per circle in Paladin, and with conviction debuff, smite does 3 additional hits +480 elemental damage for every hit that counts.

You don’t benefit from Monk until rank 7. So it’s really not worth getting earlier.

Edit: Level 11 Cure also hits 30 times (with divine might). That’s 14,400 additional damage.

1 Like

Well thanks for the additional tips. My cleric is still young and I haven’t gone in too deep with it so I have a lot to look forward to.

Your experience is very much appreciated. I just find monk to be equally interesting as a class but I do understand that we can’t have everything in one bag. I’m all for straight out Paladin. My goal for the game is actually play all the “Blue Classes.” As such, I am still focused on getting my Peltasta to Circle 3. And I’m enjoying it very much. Once I’ve done that I will park it a bit and work on the cleric next.

Not trying to argue with you on the finer points as I know you’ve spent a considerable amount of time perfecting your builds. So thanks for this guide honestly and your constant replies.

P.S. Didn’t Start off with INT. I don’t know if I am still getting Cure that high. How does the following sound? (10 Heal, 5 Divine Might, 5 Safety Wall, 10 Cure)

1. What are your thoughts on Deprotect Zone?
  2. Is Fade really needed?
  1. Deprotected Zone is very unreliable and things die fast enough to not need it, your party will never notice you use it either. It’s better to focus on equipment and attributes to increase your damage!

2. If your cleric is still young (and you have points to spend). you can leave safety zone at 4, put one point in fade. You’ll see when you get around to using it in boss fights and your health drops too low. Though this hopefully shouldn’t be an issue if you got con early on.

INT increases your heal 2 per tile and restoration doubles that bonus to healing. It’s always worth having a little INT because a lot of players won’t have more than 15k hp except the few that might be full-con.

It’s also going to help with your cure damage which works great on bosses because often they are weak against holy, and holy does 200% damage on these enemy types.

It gives you a bit of diversity and you can handle more situations with confidence in party and solo play. You can use mace type weapons for both physical and magic attack.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

If you really think that int doesn’t make a difference, you can put more points in CON for your own benefit. From my experience Paladin/Cleric doesn’t have this problem where you have to pick INT or STR, as long as one is your main stat and one is kept low. The main thing you sacrifice by putting points in your STR and INT is survivability. DEX sacrifices both survivability and damage because it’s scaling drops off for all melee classes once you are higher level.

The only reasons to put points in DEX is for accuracy and evasion for PvP.

1 Like

I over-invested a point in Safety Wall already. :frowning:

To get a point in fade, I can drop a point from Cure.

Noted on your points on INT. Im whacking things fine at the moment. I’m doing 2:1 STR:CON now. Sitting at level 32 at the moment. 6 more Class levels before getting Carve.

how much lvl 5 carve damage in lvl 160 with 200 elemen attack and 430 attack power ?
reading this realy make me dissapoint picking priest2

btw will they fix conversion ?
here some vid i make for fun lol

Re: Conversion, how is it working for you now? Is it worth the points? I don’t have it planned to put points in it at the moment. Hope you could shed some light on that. :worried:

Shooting the question to OP @web_nervepress. What do you think of Conversion. Is it worth a couple of points?

conversion work like this
conversion lvl = number of mobs you can converse
conversed mobs stay forever ( no time limit ) until they die

no dont add conversion, it got lot of bugs.
cant be used in dg with door mechanics. you must kill all mobs for opening the door that include the conversed one, so you must relog.

I have conversion, its a useless skill, no matter what build you have. As such, only add if you have points to spare (which never happens to a paladin xD)

Conversion is not a 1 point wonder skill, as such you need at least 6 points in it to be effective. Also, the incentive of using conversion would be for leveling/increasing DPS.

Now, in dungeons although that is ok, It is more efficient to kill the mobs instead and sometimes the mobs will prevent you from clearing the dungeon (i.e. kill this monster to pass, or kill all monsters for the gate to open; its your pet now and you can’t kill it >,<)

In fields, DPS by converted mobs is not that great to get allocated points from your other skills such as smite or conviction. Thus, the best it serves is an HP absorber, which you will never need, since your a paladin and never dies anyway xD.

To summarize, its only useful if you want a pet… that doesn’t do anything or AFK farming (warning you can get banned for this).

1 Like

at first i thought conversion are like druid chrosmata. change enemy to mutan or devil so smite can maximaze damage lol but…

hope they rework pally skill. give elemental resist atribute so we got elemental attack lol. Or other hidden combo skill while inside barier with restoration aura on will heal player per tick ( half of pally hp recov or something else )

Just want to share my experience and hopefully no one fall into this STR Paladin built again, it’s a trap…

i am on this built and currently at lv260
Cleric C2 > Diev C1 > Paladin C3 > PD Build.
Str 3 / 2 con / 1.5 dex…

Short story.
it is suck because smith+conviction doesn’t provide much dmg
calculation as below:
2 overheat on Smith
1 Smith = 3000 dmg
2 overheat on Conviction
1 Conviction = 1000dmg x2

So you hit the mobs, the dmg as below below (against non-mutant/devil mobs)

1. conviction = 2k dmg
  2. 2x Smith = 3k dmg + (2k dmg from Conviction debuff)x2 = 10k dmg
  3. 3x Carve attack = 5000 x3 = 15k dmg
  4. Conviction = 2k dmg
  5. 2x Smith = 3k dmg + (2k dmg from Conviction debuff)x2 = 10k dmg

Total: 2K+10k+15k+2k+10k = 39k dmg over 12 sec.

So you can’t even kill any mobs that is above 40k hp on your quest/daily mission and u need to wait for the conviction/carve attack CD to do 2nd round again.

** If against mutant/devil mobs, your smite damage is 3k * 300%, which is around 8k~9k, your conviction doesn’t get that buff because it is not holy attack **

There is a lot mobs above 40k >>>> 140k from maps level 210 above.

Carve attack doesn’t need to be scale with STR, although i have additional 231 STR added, mean if with 0 str, my Carve attack at level 5 still able to do 600dmg per tick x5 = 3k dmg.

Now talk about party/grinding
Yes! you enjoy the most when you at level 130 >> lv200 on most of the dungeon full run because your roles is very lenient , you can be healer or semi-dps. you will not need to worries about your other party member through auto search because of the convenient you had.

HOWEVER,
When you start grinding at level 21x (almeth for example)
you will find yourself, or a better word… you will need to categorize yourself as FULL Support because of your DPS mean nothing to the mobs.)
If there is a choices, people need full support than this half-mixed support because of we really lacks of buff skill to parties.

if there is a chances for me to fix my built (although this won’t happen)
I will go Cleric C3 > Paladin C3 > Kabbalist build with full con or Con:SPR 2-1.

even though this built doesn’t provide much utility but Kabbalist AYIN SOF with divine might buff (level 6 = increase 120% max hp for over 38 sec), if you activate passive skill Ayin Sof: SP Recovery… the SP pool is insane, Archer/Ele3 will straight away give you a like.

Now talk about PVP…
Without DEX, your SMITE will be dodged… because SMITE is a physical attack, not Magic Attack, it need “ACCURACY” to hit -_-"

To conclude this, STR/Dex Paladin built is a joke, you can try it and experience yourself if you have doubt on me, Please do not get tricked by the wording (SEMI DPS/Support roles as STR Paladin built.).

The only way to play Paladin is either FULL Support or become Pardoner and get rich by selling barrier scroll… (i hope not much ppl do it because that will fcuk my paladin and no one want me on Earth Tower… LOL)

4 Likes

thanks for sharing your experience.

Currenly at lv 180.
Cleric C2 > Diev C1 > Paladin C3

I initially went full STR, but now i have slowly increased my Con & SPR to 60.

I have faced similar situation as mentioned by you.
Due to lack of SPR, i find it hard to keep up the pace of other in dungeon, especially when i am the only cleric in the party

I foresee myself restat to SPR:Con in near future.

Would you recommend to go PD for Conviction+Pandemic or Kabba for ein sof and other utility skills?

I am currently at PD class 10,
Healing factor - LV5
Incineration - LV3
BloodLetting - LV1
Beakmask - LV1

Healing factor, it doesn’t really heal that fast to keep you immortal, you still die due to burst dmg. (but the burst dmg I am talking is 10k dmg per sec). It still OK on party grind when you cast to your tanker so you wouldn’t need to worries him too much.

BloodLetting is OP, that why it got nerv on KrTos, which may be soon (or few month later being patched into your iToS)

Beakmask… 80% prevention on Rank 3 debuff… and the only rank 3 debuff is Incineration…
To sum up Beakmask is not that usefull… because Incineration has cast animation (1sec), it pretty hard to hit fast moving enemy. but the dmg on Incineration is insane… if u can get 5 debuff on your enemy, that is about 12~14 second of incineration burning his ass… however it only works against ground mob, flying mobs can’t be hit…

Since there isn’t much debuff we can cast on enemy, so Pandemic didn’t learn.

For PD passive skill… well… i gotta say nothing much to learn. kinda save up your silver.

As for Kabbalist, well i didn’t have chances to play it yet, so i can’t comment much, but i can see the synergy between paladin & kabbalist is better than PD… but again, i didn’t research much in kabbalist and only know his Ein sof + passive SP recovery from Ein Sof is OP for party… how well does it work in ET compare with PD, that is some homework for you to find out, and there isn’t much Kabbalist in T server…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experiences. ^^

I’ll be more thorough in my research next time I make a Paladin. I hope we can provide some better builds in the future.

I still don’t think that writes off Monk c1, but well, I could be wrong. As you said Paladin is not a main DPS, and Plague Doctor doesn’t have much synergy with Paladin.

Also your STR is fairly low for a STR-build, you didn’t get INT for Cure damage which is 40k burst on it’s own.

If you have your party acknowledge that you are Paladin and will be using Conviction a lot, party members should be able to equip elemental property gear to get that +480 attack with conviction. For example if you have a guild that will regularly do Earth Tower with.

Can I ask, what are your attributes on your skills? And how useful is conviction for your build, do you use all 4 element?

As for me I am doing a Priest3, Paladin3 because Priest3 is superior to Plague Doctor in my opinion. Plague Doctor is over-glorified because it’s new and rank 7.

This guide was not intended to glorify paladin but to make the journey acceptable so that you can get level 280 with party play. It’s not intended for solo at 210+ as you said yourself, this is the same everyone as this is when party-play becomes a neccessity. I hope we can discuss it more so I can make this clear in the guide. Thanks!

So I was wondering what the reasoning behind cleric c2/c3 is, wouldnt it be more beneficial to take priest c1/c2 to get the buffs? I’m talking about the strenght build here, forgot to add that.

Cleric 2 or Priest3, because restoration has a passive interaction with heal type skills. Increases the beneficial effect of heal and mass heal. So you get that bonus. you can’t really play Paladin comfortably without Cleric2 or Priest3.