Tree of Savior Forum

P2W Model Prevents People From Playing & Enjoying The Game

Looks like it’s time fo make a thread about that fnagz22. :smile:

I’m surprised the white knights haven’t flocked here in a search and destroy mission. I tried making the suggestion to make Tokens purchasable in game from NPC’s so other players couldn’t get rich(ingame) from selling them and I was flagged, because “IMC makes less money” that way.

They are here. There’s a perfectly good summary of points that they have made

and busted.

P2W matures? Only hats give stats and there’s a limit on what it gives, oh boy, more people going into more hypothetical situations.

#2 is my point, people don’t understand how impactful these stats are in-game. At a visual point of view it appeals to players but is it game-breaking? People already ran the numbers, find them.

Your last statement, what? That’s literally what’s going on here.

2.01L car are the P2W hats.
“Oh boy, the car seller is telling me this 0.5% increase is going to be amazingly better! Unfortunately it costs more but w0w an extra .01L than the 2L, must be better right?”
Proceeds to buy the 2.01L car, will you notice a difference from the 2L, no. It’s literally 0.5% increase.

Like literally you guys are examples of this, the movement speed buff that everyone is shitting their pants over, you’ll barely notice the difference and it doesn’t even apply in Arenas.

And to top it off, the magic scrolls can be obtained in-game. You people are never satisfied.

Glad to see some people actually care what happens to this game and know enough about what can kill it, to warn the others. If only we are heard, however…

If it truly had appeal, you don’t need a car seller to convince you a 0.5% increase actually had appeal. It is precisely because it has no appeal that it needs convincing.

That 0.01L has no appeal and has no significance. Stretching logic isn’t going to work here.

Back to topic. The magic scroll and move speed is put there to entice the player base to pay for them (has appeal), therefore it must have significance (unless you claim that the player base is case no 2).

Since the stats has a significance, it means that it will create a power gap between people who have it and people who don’t. Cash shop items are likely limited, so the price for it will likely be high, thus at least a certain portion of the population will not have access to it. Hence P2W is established.

Well there are

THE END IS COMING BOYZ ITS ALL P2W LETS ALL QUIT THE GAME IS DEAD ALREADY AND BROKEN AND TRASH

guys and there are

OK OK BOYZ LETS DISCUSS THIS WE ALL AGREE WE DONT WANT A P2W MODEL HAPPEN IN THIS GAME WE ALL JUST WANNA PLAY AND ENJOY PLUS THROW IN SOME MONEY TO KEEP IT RUNNING RIGHT

guys

if the first ones read “p2w” in a reply of one of the 2nd guys theyre all out aggro and talk trash without any reason behind it

i mean come on - exp booster p2w? (i still dont like them but…) magic scrolls on headgear p2w? none of this is “casher exclusive” and none is p2w - if youre afraid of p2w stuff to happen its ok but trash talking a company or the game itself because youre too stubborn to realise that none of this is p2w in any way? and im not talking about the high and mighty personal opinion…its common sense x.x and those who play p2w games know it themselfs how such shops work >.>

its basically like this: content releases - they implement stuff wich makes it easy for casher to dominate - to be untouchable - to clear content without efford - without free player beings able to catch up no matter what they do - its simply impossible for free player - and once another new content releases itll most likely have a new feature to spend hundrets of $ to win in any aspect of the game(clearing pve wich is impossible for free player - being untouchable again in pvp and im not talking about 100 stats difference i am talking about having 1 million hp and getting 1000 damage from a free player while the massive casher is dealing a million and most of the time 1-2 shotting the free player)

now tell me do such silly headgears make it impossible for you to “win” in whatever kinda stuff you wanna win - if that player is “better than you” without headgears wich give a slight stat advantage then excuses like “you damn casher i kill you if you had no headgear” pop…ya sure yawns these headgears (as for now) are not content dependant aka they are trash as soon as new content releases - you keep them forever and in a few months every free player whos spending lotsa time will be able to create their own nice headgears or trade them for something else

pulling the p2w card for each and every item only shows how inexperienced some player are in terms of “p2w games” - and thats not an opinion thats a fact based on above examples

4 Likes

People that cry p2w on any thing are just people that want free thing and dont want to pay for any thing.

Kinda pointless to argue at this point when most people that uses the forum already “paid” for early access. So your point is really a biased opinion.

3 Likes

well if thats your definition of free and paying users then i rest my case. cant argue any more with it since it will take us nowhere and will waste more time

To play, is to pay with time and along either friends or money.

Some can do time, some time and friends/money or both.

Either way, there is always a price to play and some could afford to pay it better. It’s unthinkable to be emotionally affected by those who could.

This is the reality that makes the world goes round and fun is in the eyes of the beholder.

But you know , there is always an exit door out of that "play"world.

4 Likes

I really love how you like to pick certain points in my post and reply to a small portion of it.

Magic scrolls can be obtained in-game.

I’ll repeat myself one last time since you’re clearly missing my point.

People. Do. Not. Realise. How. Much. Of. A. Small. Impact. These. Stats. Actually. Have. In. Game. They. Simply. Think. w0w. Stats. On. Something. That. Didn’t. Originally. Have. Stats. = OP. There’s. A. List. Of. What. Stats. And. The. Max. Stats. The. Hat. Can. Give.

2 Likes

I hate spoiled children who abuse the word “p2w” without knowing what it actually means.

This peole trolling at this point i think.
Really the stats it give is pointless at end game when you see the numbers gear give at end game.
But they will go on and on. if its not the stats its the benefits if not this then its some how exclusive.
They dont even want to understand the they can buy all of it from the AH and be part of the in game economy.
All they want is free 100%, they dont care if the game fail after 3 months or so becouse it give no income to imc. All they want is free items.

1 Like

:smile:

…That 20 character requirement tho.

1 Like

Agreed 100000% This is what 90% of the forum is dude.

You do realize by the players who pay for these tokens, it gives non paying players a chance to get them too right? if these were available from NPC’s then obviously this would hurt any sort of revenue.

Servers aren’t free. Service isn’t free and neither is management or upkeep.

The way i see it, without paying players who will sell things to non paying players on the Market boards, what income would there be for the servers or even future development?

We have a bunch of people saying “Cosmetics are the way to go”. Yes i agree, ONLY if you have a player base over 1Million players.

If you do some serious research into how many people play a F2P game put money into it you would see its only 2-12%. And if you think about it 2% of 10,000 players isn’t exactly a home run.

League makes money because it has 36Million + players on it and 2% of that is HUGE.

You want ToS to survive? Then pay money. F2Ploaders only contribute to overhead costs and don’t support the game at all.

Whales are the reason people who have no money can actually play the servers because they keep it alive.

Anyone who believes cosmetics alone will support a game with less than 1M players is lying to themselves.

4 Likes

This is so true. I’m glad there are people on the forums with decent thought processes.

1 Like

Have you guys ever used an alchemist movement speed potion?

Did you ever notice a game breaking effect when you drank it?

let’s make it less than 200k players - but ya a MMORPG specific game cannot survive just by cosmetic stuff (unless its a b2p and/or monthly subscription based game) each player costs them about 1 USD a month (could be plus minus 30 cent) - just for server cost adding up the employees needed (support etc) it might be around 2 USD a player - adding your 10% of “monthly paying players” we would need every paying player to spend at least 20 USD a month to even cover the costs to run this game - no additional content etc included - token cost about 20 USD already but arent useful in long term - same with magic scrolls wich might be outdated in a few months or at least on low demand - so prob we gonna see more stuff being added to get some money in - numbers etc is just a guessing idk exactly how much a free player costs IMC per month