Tree of Savior Forum

P2W Model Prevents People From Playing & Enjoying The Game

Yes i see this thing as a problem at the start of the . later you will have the silver to buy the token from the AH.

Crafters are: Alchemist, Pardoner and Squire.

They were all present in CBT.

Why not to sell token for silver from cash shop then?

1 Like

No one cares about buying a single token for all the silver you ever earned in the game.

It’s pointless. You’re then just farming for silver to buy a token, going bankrupt for it and farming again to buy another token. You know that prices for it are going to be absurd on the AH.

3 Likes

Ok the thing this 3 really craftvis silver :smile:
Now really Squire dont craft he fix. Or i am wrong here?
The dont sellbitbfor silver from the shop as they need to mske money so you can play.
As for how much it will be, somthing like 500k- 1m at end hame its not so much.go look how much it now in korea.mow you are limited on how much utems you can sell so people will not over price it.

Recap

You can still buy cash shop exclusive items from other people using in game money.
Those cash shop exclusive items had to come from somewhere. Just because we can acquire them in game through other players does not reduce its status as cash shop exclusive.

Many players are used to a p2w model with a RNG based cash shop.
Just because we are used to it does not mean it’s a good model. Why should we let things to happen by chance? RNG cash shop items are a money sink that does not reward players for the amount of money spent. It’s a deceitful way of hiding the fact that a particular item can cost over $1,000. No one would buy a headgear for $1,000. But many would try it if they had a chance to get it for less. A chance that’s less than 1% (but never stated).

Stop whining and trying to get everything for free.
We’re not trying to get everything for free. We believe the price for the value of product we get is not fair under a p2w model with a RNG based cash shop. As mentioned before, it encourages players to spend more than what they intended. It’s allowed because there are only few regulations restricting such practices.

You can still enjoy the game without paying anything.
Is it bad to ask for more? Wouldn’t it be better if more people enjoyed ToS and helped IMC become successful? You can surely enjoy the game as it is, but it would be better if we can play without limitations (on dungeon entry, p2w exclusive cash shop items, RNG based gear, etc…).

Bosses have a chance to drop magic scrolls.
You also get a chance to get a perfectly rolled headgear :3
You might end up spending many hours and thousands of dollars, but you still have a chance (it’s an illusion).

I can’t really comment on Warframe because I never played the game

If you do not like the game and its model, play another game and leave.
Refer back to my most recent post.

Companies have to find ways to make money. RNG cash shop is an optimal way to achieve that.
No it’s not. All it does is piss off the community and make people leave. Tree of Savior needs to be unique to appeal to the current player base because all of the other ones are failing to retain its current player base (Tera, Guild Wars 2, WoW, etc…).

Why are we making so many assumptions?
Rather than letting the problem happen, it’s best to prevent it. We have to make these assumptions because it did not happen yet but is likely to happen.

+3 Movement speed and headgear bonus stats will not impact the game.
This might be true as of now, but the game is nowhere near completion. Encouraging IMC to implement these features now will only incentivize them to make even bigger p2w items in the future. Also, if they are not significant, why do we even have them? It’ll make no difference to remove such features in game.

All other f2p games do this. Why should ToS be different?
Because all other f2p games does it. What will make ToS be distinct from other games besides its art and music?

ToS is not a real P2W game. Headgears & tokens that give ms bonus will not impact gameplay.
It still costs absurd amount of money to get a decent headgear of choice. Not many people can crunch numbers to see this. It’s deceitful marketing strategies make people spend more money than intended. What’s worse is that the game isn’t even complete. If we encourage IMC to make these items, we’ll be seeing even more OP cash shop exclusive items in the future. People who spent money on the old ones would be getting a large slap across the face when they see new ones. It’s true that ToS is not a real P2W game YET, but it has potential to become one.

It would be better if ToS was B2P and had little cash shop exclusive items.
I think so too, but B2P models fails miserably when it cannot retain its player base. Look at Tera. It went from subscription model to f2p. Ever since its change, it’s been looking more into cash shop items (cosmetics) than actual content development.

P2W model with RNG cash shop items encourages Real Money Trades to occur. With a RMT market established, some people will create bots to farm silver. I think it’s counter intuitive for IMC to make tokens and headgears tradeable when they wanted to delay release of ToS due to bots.

Majority of the players are casual players who do not care for these gears.
Makes sense. But if p2w items are not that desirable for the majority, we should remove them and replace them with items purely cosmetic. Of course, it can’t be a “chance” to get what you want.

2 Likes

Interestingly, this isn’t even true 100%. There are some cash shop items that can’t be sold for Silver. The Skill reset potion comes to mind

You win additional stats that other players that do not pay will not be able to have / access.

Which means there will be a power gap between paying vs non paying players.

These additional stats cannot be gained by working your character harder / longer. That is why it is considered P2W.

Before someone raises this argument for the 4th time, being able to get the item through the market doesn’t make it not “paid”, just because you didn’t pay $ doesn’t mean someone else didn’t pay $.

Yea if the cash shop offers an item with stats that equals the in game item. I wouldn’t sweat it, because it would be considered “time saving” (i.e. don’t need to farm the item).

It’s +3 move speed, not 3%.

If it has no impact, then get rid of it, none will miss it.

No it can only be made into existence through $. It isn’t a significant drop, or buy-able through NPCs.

For the nth time:

Best OP ever, super summary. There will likely be no new points of arguments left.

/end thread

One thing you guys don’t even know about…

You can’t open personal shops anymore either.

Good, those were an eyesore to look at.

The auction house is much more convenient.

1 Like

How an item thst you CAN get from tht AH is exclusive yroll boy?

They actually were a great thing.

5 max listings and losing 10% and no ability to put BUY requests is more convenient?

You also do realise that:

Posting items in the Marketplace can take HOURS before they show up and HOURS before you can claim the money.

This is how it currently works in Korea and will work in here.

But hey, you don’t get your eyesores.

1 Like

You’re too dense. Can’t help you.

(didn’t wanna type that but 20 characters forced me to)

http://imgur.com/w8AkYTH

2 Likes

Only if the F2P players can’t get it directly through in game activities (buying in market doesn’t count).

well, I mean, I never said the auction house was convenient to sell on. :joy:

Magic Scrolls drop from dungeons with 0.0001% chance. 2 runs per day. I know people who have played for 6 months in kTOS and in their guild only one person has ever gotten one as a drop.

Well even if you buy you still get to wait hours. No joke.

It’s terrible for selling. I can’t even imagine playing ToS as a free to player.

I honestly wouldn’t bother.

http://imgur.com/BNGBOSl