Tree of Savior Forum

P2W Model Prevents People From Playing & Enjoying The Game

Firstly, IMC needs to understand that the Western market does not appreciate p2w models because it restricts our ability to play the game. Limited dungeon entry, restrictions to trade, and RNG cash shop items are all things that HURT players.

I’m not saying we should get everything for free, but please reconsider the limitation on dungeon entry because it’s annoying and time consuming to make alternative accounts.

Secondly, the international market is vastly different than the Korean market. Unlike Korea, the international market lacks the most important item to support a p2w model which is Cultural Gift Cards or 문화상품권.

These gift cards are can be used to purchase books, movies, music, games, food, etc… It’s like an universal gift card that can be used for everything in Korea.

Due to its ease of use, the market for these gift cards in Korea is huge. It’s also a culturally acceptable thing to gift these during special holidays such as the Chinese New Year. Rather than gifting a huge sum of money to a kid, many adults would prefer giving these gift cards for educational purposes. Would the kid use them to buy books and pencils? Probably not. It’ll most likely be spent on Nexon for FIFA. But my point is…

The international market does not have such a thing. The closest substitute we have are pre-paid gaming cards, but no one uses that. Neither do we get gifts from family members to spend money on games. Many people who can afford to spend money on games actually have jobs. They would like to support games they enjoy, but wouldn’t like being forced to buy (it’s an illusion to think we have a choice) and get betrayed by some RNG nonsense.

The game is in development and we know you guys need money. But listen to the community if you want to become successful.

44 Likes

I was almost gonna make a P2W protest thread.

So far IMC seems like they are not giving P2W cash shop much of a second thought. I think that’s really dangerous. If that Magic scroll enhancement + move speed on token comes true for OBT… Be prepared for bigger P2W crap coming your way.

And me going back to the same old games :cry:

4 Likes

Here we go again

10 Likes

At least Julie liked your post. I suppose that’s one thing moving in the right direction. :grinning:

Your argument on 문화상품권 does not make any sense.

1 Like

I don’t like the magic scroll too. Because it’s like a random box which is like gambling. However, you can still buy enchanted accessories from people using in-game money. So if you put some more effort, you can get what paying people are getting.

4 Likes

What do you mean? Sorry, English isn’t my best subject…

What i wanted to say was that…

Koreans who receive Cultural gift cards do not “care” about how they use the gift card because it was a gift. They didn’t work for the “gift” they got so they don’t mind spending it on games. But no one gives us free money to play a game unless you’re a famous twitch streamer. I believe most people work and spend their hard earn money to support games they like. If ToS is good, people will be more willing to spend money. But p2w models prevent a player from enjoying the game (ignoring whales).

Unfortunately, being able to acquire it in game through other paying players doesn’t reduce its status as cash shop exclusive. And stats in cash shop exclusive items is P2W by most community standards.

Even then, we have a problem.

The amount of money you spend =/= item you get for the worth.
Another post mentioned that to get the item you really want, you need to spend over $1000 USD. That’s nonsense.

Like you said, it’s PURE RNG. You gamble to get a “chance” at what you want. This isn’t a good model. Why do we need to gambling to enjoy the game? It makes no sense.

1 Like

Yea P2W + gamble is unforgivable… :rage:

3 Likes

IMC is aware of the current situation. They probably just don’t have a good alternative in mind because they are dealing with a foreign market. I think it will be good if other players suggest ways to improve the current cash shop and gear enchantments (which is ongoing in another post).

can i ask to nerf stone skin / plague doctors in pvp in this thread? xD
another thing would be enable premade pvp, cus random ppl fighting each other and praying theres no PD in the other team or they lose is bad

that upsets me more than the magic scrolls right now =/

After checking all reviews for Granado Espada, I can tell you, IMCGAMES can be one of the worst Publisher.

As a game developer, IMCGAMES seems only learn bad things from their previous game publishers. It is good that they want to publish their own games, but at least be a good publisher.

Personally, I can feel that this game will not last long and people who like P2W stuff only will continue playing after a year or two.

Well, maybe it is too early to judge them, I hope they will listen to us and consider our ideas to improve the game. :sunglasses:

Thank you.

Im kinda used to this model by now - and not in a good way.
I simply cant find anything interessting and motivating to keep playing in games wich are using the RNG to upgrade your equipment.

I honestly dont get it - why should I gamble for my stats or to upgrade my weapon? Why?

Dont get me wrong, ofc I know its a huge chance for the company to milk the playerbase - but is that the main goal of the game?

I really want the times back, where you buy a game and have a monthly subscribtion and you can buy a mount or a pet - but thats it. Why for gods sake do I need to gamble to upgrade my equipment so I get better stats etc.? Why do companys think this should be the reason to keep playing the game? For myself it disencourage me to keep playing - its frustraiting. And till now it was always the reason i quited a game.

6 Likes

Then how do you think this should change? No benefit to paying users?
Everything has value and you have to pay price. Of course there are some games that go too far but I don’t think this game is there yet. I mean this game is not even out.

the first thing i do is check the cash shop before playing any game. and i found like 2-3 mmos that i would play, and i really would like ToS to be one. right now its not SUPER P2W. but with +40 upgrades to EACH piece of gear, i can see ppl spending TONS of money and being OP…

2 Likes

Cosmetics + Time saving (exp bonus / silver cost reduction) only.

Not arguing about price / value. I’m talking about P2W.

Not sure about magic scrolls but Move speed on Token is already official.

@Lenny

If they implement even 1 P2W item, it means they have already succumbed to the P2W $$$ God. And I’ll be out of here before you can say runnnnn!

2 Likes

I don’t get it. Time saving is not p2w and magic scroll and token are pay2win?
If you put more time, you can buy tokens and you can get enchanted accessories. In the end, it’s all about time. You want to put less time then you pay money.

I can’t get +50 more INT by working my character harder / longer. I can only get that +50 INT or that +3 move speed by paying $ (or someone paying that $ and I buy it off with Silver).

P2W.

I can work for that exp / progression over a longer time. Eventually my character will be equal to that of yours, albeit taking 30-50% longer.

Unless you can buy for these item directly in game (sold by npc / as a reasonable drop) it is CASH SHOP EXCLUSIVE. The fact that you can buy it off other players doesn’t reduce its status as CASH SHOP EXCLUSIVE. Which means someone has to PAY to get it in game. Even if it is not you (because you bought it with silver). You have to see the bigger economic picture to understand this.

4 Likes

It’s okay to be confused. Just be aware that there is a direct reward for purchasing cash shop items that saves time.

HOWEVER, magic scrolls are p2w because it directly deals with RNG. You get a chance to get the stuff you want so it is not neccessarily TRUE that you will get the best bang for your buck.

1 Like