Tree of Savior Forum

P2W Model Prevents People From Playing & Enjoying The Game

You get it by making in game money and buy it from other player. This is an MMO. You interact with other people and that is part of the game.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

http://www.gravity.co.kr/en/games/index.asp
Gravity only have 1 Online game. I don’t know how many they have since RO in 2002.

I think IMC GAMES need to abandon WolfKnights and focus only on the development of TOS. So they will have more staff in TOS Team. If they want to milk playerbase, at least do it right.

Whatever I say, I’m not the owner of IMCGAMES. LOL :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That “other player” had to PAY $$$ for it. He didn’t’ get it in game via drop / NPC purchase.

Don’t forget to mention there are restrictions to trade when dealing with cash shop items (I believe).

2 Likes

Is Granado Espada self published by IMC Games? Or with partner publishers? I never played it so I don’t know.

Okay I see what you mean. Okay let’s say this is P2W. Whatever.

The thing I wanted to say was. At least with my 3 months experience from kTOS, I didn’t have to pay to enjoy the game. This game is not really a competitive game and there isn’t really “winning”.
You can still enjoy without paying is what I want to say in the end.

1 Like

Yes we can enjoy without paying, but we’ll be enjoying with limitations.
I think that’s a big problem, especially for many people that want to play all day. They’ll eventually hit a wall where the game demands you to pay to continue playing. Is it fair to punish dedicated player? I don’t think so and that’s why I’m arguing against the current model.

You know the enchantment scrolls drops from bosses too right?

Sure I can, but that doesn’t give them an excuse to implement P2W cash shop. It serves the community and the game developers NO PURPOSE except to entice players to cough up $ early, and kill the game early.

Players don’t need unfair advantage over their non-paying friends. IMC shouldn’t need to use P2W to encourage people to pay for the game. If they need to implement P2W items to entice players to pay, then there is already no hope for this game.

@Skrunken
At such a low drop rate it is likely a very very small source of this P2W item.

1 Like

Yes. At 0.000001%.

I might as well buy a lottery ticket and expect to win something.

1 Like

From what I am reading in this thread, you guys are currently describing their cash shop as P2W, but I know another game with similar stuff ( magic scroll wise for random stuff) and that game is called… Warframe. Though it is niche, the game has similar market tactics. There are key packs which grant you access to dungeons but are completely random. These keys however can be obtained through playing the game, it just takes more time. Warframe can let you save time for an expensive market option. There are exclusive items to the store though, like permanent blueprints(these blueprints are used to craft rare resources in game) and you might be thinking P2W! P2W! P2W! When in fact, it’s actually freemium. The player has a choice in Warframe, and that game if searched for will immediately show threads where people complain about the long grind and farm because thats what Warframe is known for. The player has a choice: Either save time or grind. I already played for 1300 hours (over 2 years) and I have spent money on the game. This point I am making here is me agreeing to the user who said it’s saving time, because yes it is. You can save a couple of hours if not hundreds by just immediately buying what you want. Please do not forget as a player that you are NOT forced to buy anything, if Tree of Saviour is going to restrict their F2P model with limited dungeons and item drops or whatnot then that is their loss Because there will obviously be a decline in players, a big one. But if you guys who assume you know what statements you’ve made are correct, then the game will have a market similar to warframe, which is just a “Pay to save time” model. If you are gonna throw in hundreds of hours, you will not shy away of throwing real money at the game. And what would make Tree of Saviour better is if the premium tokens can be sold for ingame silver (trading with others) because that’s how Warframe created a well balanced economy. Their real money value, platinum, can be traded with other players to buy items off of them and whatnot. If this happens, Tree of Saviour will be doing fine and for the Warframe players that happen to read this thread, you guys know what I am talking about.

TL;DR: Don’t stress the small details if nothing is 100% certain, the assumptions/predictions you guys are making sound oddly similar to Warframe’s market system which is a really good model. Trust me.

5 Likes

This is a very very important point. I can safely say you will not hit a wall just because you didn’t pay. And that is why I keep saying it is not P2W.

1 Like

I keep saying this. There is no unfair advantage. Unless IMC change something really big in iTOS.

1 Like

I don’t want to go in circular arguments here, so this is the final time I’m going to try explain myself.

1 Like

Maybe you got it wrong - but its not only about the part that its P2W. Its the model that they are using - the RNG to upgrade your equipment. For me it is also very frustraiting and a game-breaker if i fail to upgrade my ingame stuff with ingame money.

Why does it always need to be RNG? Why not simply farm the equimpent like in the good old days where it worked perfectly fine? I mean it was kinda RNG there to - you go in the dungeon and eventually your item drops. But that is it. It drops and you have it - best in slot. The only thing you add are enchantments or gems. Why is this so unpopular? Why do I need to have multiple mental breakdowns and spend to much ingame money or real money before I get my best in slot?

Back in the day´s you just needed the drop - AND you freaking worked your ass of to kill the boss for that. It took weeks and weeks to achieve that. Now - just get enough gold and stand there and upgrade - have fun :frowning:

2 Likes

Okay you win. Everything you say is correct. So please do not play this P2W game and go play something else that is not P2W in your standard. If it even exists.

that points is true agree 100%

f2p guys who got no life like me may hate it cause they farm the same shiet 24/7 in a few other games - but look at it this way:

in a couple newer games dungeons got a cooldown lets say - you enter the dungeon and got a 12 hours cooldown after - counts as a “2 dungeons only” or even “1 time a week only” dungeons - cause the drops are superior that you HAVE to make these kinda restrictions - for this dungeons are being really really tough

so all in all restrictions shouldn apply to each and every instance - just those “superior” ones who do need a “nerf” in terms of farming - otherwise you might see a couple paying players unhappy “hey boyz you farm all day and dont spend a dime i can only play 3 hours a day but spend all my hard earned money into this game but get only punched in the face by free players who can farm all day long…ya sure” <— cant make everyone happy so find something in between all parties can accept - a full 24/7 grind of superior dungeons doesn help paying palyers and only benefits those who play 24/7 (yes i am a 24/7 guy who thinks of my dear friends who cant sit all day in
front of the pc

agreed to this a billion times over a zillion threads so ya dejavu - hate rng in cash shop but thats just a personal choice

2 Likes

… It’s not about winning or losing. It’s a point of view / opinion. i.e. no right or wrong.

What is considered P2W varies between people. But most general communities will consider Stat on Cash shop exclusive items, a P2W feature as it cannot be acquired in game via drop / NPC sales, and can only be acquired with $$$ (hence the Cash Shop Exclusive status). And no just because someone will buy it for $$$ and sell you for Silver doesn’t mean it didn’t require $$$ to be created into existence in the first place.

I agree to your point. I don’t like RNG. It’s a gamble. Nothing else.
But the reason why the gaming companies had to come up with this is because they had to make money. Back in the days, all the online games were subscription based. Now people expect everything to be free and companies somehow need to make money somewhere. I am not saying RNG is a good solution but it’s both gamers and companies that caused it.

10 years ago I was a kid and I couldn’t afford the subscription with measly stipends from my parents. Now I just hope IMC would give me the reason to stuff money in their face without implementing a P2W cash shop.

Don’t get me wrong, I can pay for these P2W crap, but it hurts the community as a whole so I don’t agree with them. In other words I’m looking out for F2P players (i.e. myself 10 years ago :laughing:)