Tree of Savior Forum

Open Letter for IMCGames from Indonesian Fans

Dear IMCGames.

I write this letter on behalf of all Indonesian Tree of Savior fans who’ve been waiting for this game to be released in English version. At first, we were really glad that IMCGames have decided to publish the English server by themselves on one of the most popular game distributor, Steam. We understand very well that IMCGames always strive to do their best in order to give the best possible experiences for all players.

But, all of that changed when there’s this rumour saying that Tree of Savior is coming to Indonesia (our country). We were really shocked when we knew that the rumour is actually a fact. We were more surprised when we knew which publisher that’s going to bring Tree of Savior. I won’t say the company’s name, but it’s a well known information among us, Indonesian gamers, that the company is greedy and ignorant. I’ve played some of their games and they were full of overpowered cash items. There were a lot of hackers, cheaters, bug exploiters, yet there’s no sign from the company to take care of those problems. In the end, those games that were fun at first, they were dying and didn’t last long in the gaming scene.

No, I’m not saying that Tree of Savior Indonesia is a bad thing. Knowing those facts I said earlier, there are still a lot of people who will play on local server. The first reason is because Indonesia is one of the most crowded country in the world. Second reason is because Indonesian gaming community is growing larger and slowly developing more competitive gaming environment every year. The other reason is mostly because they are casual players, players who don’t really care much about the game as long as it’s playable.

But for us, enthusiasts (loyal fans who’ve been waiting for years, fans who’ve spent their time looking for informations about this game by joining discussions in multiple fanmade forums, fans who’ve spent their time making fanmade forums to provide informations and translations, fans who’ve spent their time to make several Tree of Savior wiki pages), the fact that Tree of Savior is going to be handled by the specific company I mentioned earlier really hurts us.

What I’m trying to say is a lot of us enthusiasts will choose to play on the English server rather than local server. To get into the point, we have a request for IMCGames that Tree of Savior English version in Steam
doesn’t ban or block Indonesian IP. We’ve waited for years and we don’t want to ruin all that waiting by playing in local, Indonesian server. Once again, I’m not saying that most of Indonesian players will play either on international or local because that’s not for me to decide. But, to restrict our access for international server by IP block (if it really happens) will be the worst decision ever made. I’m sorry if this sounds really selfish, but we don’t care if it’s a part of the contract made by IMCGames and our local publisher to block Indonesian IP from international server in order for our publisher to get more players. Indonesia has a very large community, probably one of the largest in South East Asia region. That’s why our local publisher should not be concerned about a bunch of players prefer to play on the international version more than local. If it really happens (Indonesian region IP block), I can only say that Tree of Savior will lost plenty of its fans.

By the way, I must say this once again, this is not based on my personal experiences only. I have so many proofs that a lot of Indonesian players want to play on the international server. There are a lot of discussions going on social medias, forums, that all of them saying the same thing about our local publishers bad reputations. They simply want to play on Steam and they don’t want to get IP blocked.

Thanks a lot for reading. I wish this letter can reach IMCGames as soon as possible. We want the best for Tree of Savior and ourselves. Last but not least, we wish each of IMCGames staff a good luck and good health. We are really grateful and appreciate all of IMCGames hardwork to make the English version of Tree of Savior.

56 Likes

the truth has been spoken, Indonesian fans are so disappointed they would write open letters and make threads about how disappointed they are.
well actually, I don’t think there is any decent publisher in Indonesia right now, or is there any?

1 Like

As Indonesian player I approve this letter!
but I don’t think imcGAMES has right to not Block Indonesian IP, if they already made a contract with the respective publisher :persevere:

but we all still can hope and cross our fingers

1 Like

i absolutely agree with it

this person has spoken all that need to be said on behalf of most indonesian fans

maybe more than that

Thanks Erokhi

Couldn’t agree more to this letter.
Yes, please. Please, pretty please, just let us play the international steam server in case you’ve really had already made contract with one of our local publisher. :sob:

2 thumps up for first paragraph
3 thumps up for 2nd paragraph
5 thumps up for the rest of the letter

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: for this letter.
i would also prefer to play on steam, perhaps we can make a vote here.

I hope you guys will get what you want… I read somewhere that the Indonesian Publisher is already selected and the contract is signed (not sure about this though).

Personnaly, I wish that a good european publisher could make a quick move on ToS, before Nexon or some publishit take it… But I can’t find any info on this. Intense Crossing-Fingers atm :confused:

I second this.
Although i’m somewhere between casual and hardcore gamer, i still prefer to play it through Steam.
I’ll be honest, i don’t think there is any good online game publisher in Indonesia anymore. They’re all about cash cow-ing us and give 0% customer service. And when they think the game is not profitable anymore and there’s still so much time before the contract ended they will started to slowly abandon the game and bring the new one that is basically a same garbage we played.
Anyway, that’s the thing i hate from our local publisher.

Last but not least,
Knowing that Indonesian are a heavy consumer.
If IMCGames decided to limiting our access only to local server, they will lose one potential profit-maker machine.
:wink:

2 Likes

Well… Eroking is already here and post the letter fro us, Indonesian ToS fans
I guess it’s all good and well

We discussed it a lot earlier about how many of us Indonesian gamer don’t really like the local publisher

So yeah, I hope there will be no IP ban for Indonesian players who want to play the ToS steam version

thumbs up for this…
I have been very disappointed with the indonesian publisher and would rather play english one…
Hope they don’t ban us on steam…

I hate to be a jerk, but surely it is too good if IP Block isn’t applied in Indonesia. For maybe you guys already know that beta test of ToS in Steam have already restrict Korea & China from participating since both of them already had contract with local publisher (Korea was Nexon and China was PerfectWorld or somewhat like that, CMIIW) and just as stated in open letter above, one publisher in Indonesia, “Gemsc**l” have made an open invitation for all gamers to gather in Jakarta to test one of going-to-be their game even without mentioning it’s name, but the invitation page itself had already somekind like a ToS silhoutte on the background so I assume we all know what game is that. And yet again, it will be too good if this open letter really happen.

Tbh, ToS publisher in Indonesian are sucks, they only want players money and do nothing with the players prob
Trust me :slight_smile:
Well, its not like i was talking ■■■■ about indonesian gaming publisher but, look at those letters, it prove tht Indonesian gaming publisher are bad

I think there are no history of that particular Indonesian publisher having a contract which allowed IP Block on other than the Indonesian server (e.g. do Dragon Nest SEA server block our IP?).

Even though I realized that there is other publisher that wouldn’t allow Indonesian player to play a game on the global SEA server because they were going to launch it in Indonesia such as RO2.

But it’s been a while since the last time I play any Indonesian server MMO, so I might be really wrong. :confused:

Either way, I also hope that we could play on the International server. As a guy in his early 30, I find that local MMO server public chat room, is too crowded with unimportant stuffs, and often contains so many unnecessary foul languages.

It is all back to the publisher itself again, such as example that you have stated, Dragon Nest SEA allow Indonesian gamer to play there but RO2 didn’t do the same thing. It’s all depends on policy of the related publishers. But one thing that I should remind all of us is we are currently talking about international scale, not only SEA just like you said (it’s Steam, so it’s on global scale) and if even ToS have banned Korea and China from joining the upcoming international beta test, for what reason they gonna allow Indonesia to participate? (just if this thing here is really ToS --> http://www.gemscool.com/landingpage/teaser2/1)

Good job Ero-san :3 You finally did it! Hope all goes well for you :smiley:

That is why I wrote this letter. IMCGames will hopefully read this and consider our thoughts.
There will be a lot of us Indonesian who will visit this forum and give their opinions and supports for no IP block.
Really, I’m really desperate to play on Steam and I believe most of us do feel the same.

1 Like

welp already read in on the steam and i do agree about ero-san wrote above…
i hope they think it over again… majority people in the asia region already experience bad management attitude from the company that brought many wonderfull korean games to the local market… and it does leave bitter sour taste to our lips…
i hope IMCgames as publisher not just thinking to bring fast cheap money to their pocket but keep their communities thrive and last long and become another legend like RO…
:pray: hope for the best for all our communities in asia

Yeah I also posted the letter on Steam in order for IMCGames to notice it and take their time to read it, considering they should visit this site and their steam page more often.

1 Like

Let’s suppose that this game will have the same story as some MMORPG…

Many servers in many coutries, then years passes, players come and go, and then server for country X closes (cause it doesn’t matter what game is, it will get boring one day). To migrate all players data (if you don’t know what it is, let’s say it’s your “save file”) to another server, it will be a huge pain. So, I’m not really sure that IMC one day will migrate all data to the international server (cause if they do, I hope they do not make the same mistake as a company made when they did the migration. They made another server for those players, just to not merge them in with main server).

That’s why since when IMC asked if we wanted a server for everyone or many servers for many countries, I lifted my “international version only” flag for them, since the game has the multi-language feature. And not only because of this, why not merge everyone in just one server when the player base is not so big?

Well, many servers or just one, IMC has made it’s choice. Of course the “one server” scenario isn’t the perfect one, it has pros and cons just like the “many servers” scenario. Let’s hope IMC give their best and also think in the future.