Tree of Savior Forum

Onmyoji's Genbu Armor it's making Wizard class almost invulnerable on PvP/GTW/Boruta

No Genbu nerf, but making my PD cry is ok. Thanks imc

I believe it was always been a feature of the skill or more like for the debuff itself.

I personally think, as of re-build, that they should reduce the overheads and increase the CD on it or make unbalanced a high lv debuff with the trip effect and def reduction only, without the silence.

On these two skills, the walk speed penalty can be removed by using Murmillo’s sprint first, I use this with slithering to get the heck out of a danger zone when hp is half depleted, but I think this is a good interaction to promote the rodel+murmillo sinergy.

You’re wrong about Pain Barrier, but by time I scroll down, I’m sure someone who knows more about it will have corrected you, it’s a high chance to resist a ton of debuffs.

Block is useful against Wizards and you should be putting your shield back on. Yes Reti is bullshit, Lancer is bullshit, but wait those are Swordsman classes? Swordsman > Swordsman. Other classes will not be removing your shield like that (at least atm)

Slithering and Shield Charge are amazing skills and it comes down to how you use them. You temporarily lose MS sure but you should be using them at the right time, where that isn’t as big of a deal. Don’t think of them as damage, never think about the damage, it’s not what they are about. They’re very strong.

Before Rebuild you made 9 different choices and you weren’t forced into wasting them on garbage unless you were a Wizard C2 without intention of going further Cryo or cast time classes. Now you get 3 measly choices and you get stuck with the worst parts of it to. Does anyone care about Linker 3? ■■■■ no, but it’s forced because Linker is BS and must be taken as 1 of the 3 choices.

Rebuild attempting to fix that whole build diversity issue was just BS, they pulled that 23 number from their ass and acted like it was a big issue, it’s great that that made it so you can choose any class at any rank, but forcing the circle system and then not even adding a rank 5 really killed build options. R5 would fix a lot of issues but too many babies gonna whine about it too many skills, so we can’t really ask for it now, we just gotta hope IMC has plans for it someday.

@STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan

Fight for our freedom to choose please, more options is good. This is a tab target game, player intelligence is the most important factor and in order for player intelligence to be a thing, there needs to be a lot of choices.

For real though they could make trash classes like Sapper viable by just adding R5. No changes necessary, just not forcing it to take up a spot better used on Falconer/Piper/Quarrel Shooter. Same goes for a ton of other classes TBH.

Rodelero can be ‘good’ in very especific situations on 1v1 TBL against slow enemies, but they have zero impact on other pvp contents like Gemstone, GTW or Boruta, unlike the Cryo/Kino/Onmyoji who dominate all those scenarios and redefine all game meta.

Swordman tree need a HUGE buff, not a nerf.

I never saw a swordman on top 1 TBL or wiping a entire party. But i see solo tanky wizards doing this all the time on Boruta, GTW, Gemstone, GvG and TBL.

This topic is about a OP skill dominating the meta, not about some good skills on a weak class like rodelero lol.

hohoo, please name those ton of debuffs please.

Now changing on topics. Yeah, i m tired to see entire parties being wiped by things like magnetic force> cryo tree> ying yang and sometimes there is a linker/bm/assassin nearby to link 8 ppl and multiply the damage just to burst to death all the 8 ppl while he iframe any try to fight back.

@EldritchMoon

It’s good in all PvP, it’s just about knowing how to use it. For example, when you’re getting Cyclones by a Doppel, and you pop the 1 that gives you 100% defense, and then you knock the Doppel over. (Assuming they don’t have KD immunity) Bloody Overdrive, or Annihilation? Same ■■■■. With the right build you can ignore all the damage of these skills and punish them. Yes this game requires you to invest in defensive stats and gear, but these skills are amazing, be it in Gem Feud or in TBL.

@trombini.vinicius

With any debuff in the game you have a very low chance to resist it, just naturally, for no reason.

When you activate pain barrier that resistance goes up, I don’t know the specific details, it’s been forever since I heard any mention of it, but when looking up an outdated TBL guide, this is what it said.

Idk if it’s the same chance or if it has since been buffed, but it’s very noticable when you fight a Swordsman. It happens all the time.

Well PreRebuild wizz and cleric can be whatever they want because can stack Con/Block and be inmortal and choose the classes they like and be “good” in TBL, now they can’t do that so is Genbu armor or Cryo shield or shadowmancer (don’t know the name of the skill) to have good survivality or instadie.

Swordman is supose to be the fronline tanker of the party, engaging the fight with melee range attacks without being perma frost/stun lock by all other classes and dying almost instantly on massive GvG arenas like GTW and Boruta.

Swordman tree need someting like the pre-nerf PD debuff imunity and someway to stay on frontline of fight against all those heavy aoe cc debuffs defining current meta.

But… they will NERF the f-cking Pain Barrier in the next patch, i don’t know why they don’t see the obvious issues in class design. ONLY Lancer can play the actual content efficiently.

I could see rodel performing in other forms of PVP content now that dispellers/mikocharms have a cooldown.

Granted, a good group is going to have oracles for prophecy and PDs for methadone…but still it would have some limited use.

Pretty much requires Pull Rete to be effective but any non-mounted swordie worth their ■■■■ will have Reti.

As far as I know and I think I’ve read all the changes, pain barrier is not getting nerfed and in fact will be getting buffed in PvE.

Okay I actually just checked, according to Crevox’s translation Pain Barrier Duration is halved in PvP but the CD is halved everywhere.

This makes it 30/30 for PvE and 15/30 (22/30 with Durandal and Gem) in PvP

That’s an up time buff. On top of the CC changes and the fact that using it will grant lvl 3 debuff immunity for 3 seconds. This is in every way a buff.

Why even a Pied Piper (ranged class) have a 60s knock-back immunity and a melee and slow class don’t get a efficient suport buff? 15 seconds pain barrier = garbage. We can barely reach the enemy team in this time.

Buff in PVE, clear nerf in PVP.

Same 50% uptime but less use duration means it is less effective in PVP.

ktos must be in full abloo bloo mode about swordies for Genbu to stay the way it is and swordie gets the shaft.

No because you have to consider the actual downtime of the skill, the window is small and can be made far smaller.

Unless you’re using 28% CDR from Diev, you compare 7.5 seconds of vulnerability to 15. It’s so much easier to take advantage of the 15.

Or just play Pelt Rodelero Hackapell and forget about this change entirely.

Either way you still get the CC immunity buff and then ofc there is the CC changes to.

oh TPK living in forums now.

MIA on discord :hey::tired:

I hope they remove the debuff resistance effect of Pain Barrier completely so you only have the 3 seconds of protection [similar to how Lancers prevent was before Episode 11].
Swordsman doesn’t need more protection than Cleric, in fact it needs less, because of the HP, block and defense advantages Swordsman has over Cleric.

One debuff you can resist with Pain Barrier which is quite unfair is Iron Maiden.
I have to target & catch that Swordsman while becoming a sitting duck while channeling the skill, only to see a Resist! popping up over his head because of a goddamn Pain Barrier?

Not to speak of every try consuming 300 silver worth of Torture Tools.

Imagine everybody resisting Retiarius’ Rete skills on a 70% base, Retiarius would be dead flat out spoken, not to forget that you only have one try every 30 seconds with Iron Maiden.

The skill seriously needs some improvement, e.g. 3 OH so you can at least retry if you miss/it’s resisted, unless they change that Pain Barrier to no longer resist debuffs.

Swordsman already has the biggest advantages. Highest HP pool, highest block, highest defense, highest cc value (shield strip/knockdown/net disabling and silence debuff + ability to ground levitating FF,many stuns & knockdowns), the ability to dash while attacked to close the gap, high status ailment resistance, high damage reduction & damage boost.

What else do you want to make them even more OP? Maybe self-heal?

you’re either blind or trying to fool people. You can easily reach 22,5 seconds of Pain Barrier with Stone Orca gem and Durandal. You can even dash while being attacked to close the gap for Christs sake. If you can’t do it after being 3 seconds immune to debuffs when casting Pain Barrier you’re doing something wrong(e.g. casting Pain Barrier when the round starts instead of waiting till you actually see enemies on your screen).

lol, inquisitor can literaly insta-kill full velcoffer people with a Breaking Wheel or a Ripper and you complaining about the capacity of a tank class to tank?

A defensive type class need some way to survive against debuffs or they can’t even move on battle becoming stun/knock-back/frost lock the entire match.

You don’t even know how Pain Barrier works on a pvp/gvg match anyway. Nobody will running around with a durandal equiped waiting for the oportunity to cast the “Overpower lv 8 pain barrier” to get the garbage 3 secons protection and 22s knock-down imunity and if you’re catch by any cc before that, you can’t use pain barrier to save yourself.

We can’t use Pain Barrier like Lancer’s Prevent. A Lancer have 70%+ knock-down imune even without Pain Barrier or Prevent, because of Initiate, but other swordmans don’t have it (except hackapel 30s imunity).

Even a ranged class like Pied Piper have best defensive buffs against knock-down and other stuff.

Okay so first off, yes it’s dumb that you can resist an Iron Maiden considering the effort put into it, and Swordsman do get too much of a defensive advantage over Cleric, despite also having CC and better damage overall. I guess they do that since Cleric has healing but the base heal is less than potions (at least for now) so yea Swordsman just get it all.

That said Iron Maiden and Reti Net are very different, VERY DIFFERENT. 1 is the hardest CC in the game to land, the other plays the game for you.

The item costs on skills has long since gotten out of hand, you have to pay to play your class, that’s ToS.

As for your idea of 3 OH on Iron Maiden though, as much as I think Clerics, and possibly even Inquisitor do need improvements and are getting ■■■■■■. Iron Maiden is a sure kill, since it doubles damage, which is further double by Judgement, which is further doubled by wheel, and the damage is also likely to ignore some defense. You land the skill, you kill someone, that’s fair, but I don’t think forcing an Inquisitor to land it to win is a good thing, I also don’t think making it easier is a good idea (Sure remove resist, but that’s the whole CC system that is beyond garbage in this game, and many others)

1 Iron Maiden, 30 second CD, costs SP like a normal skill, that’s fair.

As for your reply to the baby, you talk about the advantages of Swordsman and while I do think Swordsman are #1, I think that melee classes have been getting ■■■■ on in terms of movement speed, like how Cleric lost it’s speed buff, and how everyone gained some sort of dash. So I’m not saying your point is wrong, I just want to make it clear Melee MS vs Ranged MS is a ■■■■■■■ disaster and the biggest weakness to Swordsman and Clerics atm.