Tree of Savior Forum

Onmyoji's Genbu Armor it's making Wizard class almost invulnerable on PvP/GTW/Boruta

I don’t know if it’s a bug or you guys want to make Wizards class a frontline DPS, but now Onmyoji became the most tanky class in game because of one particular skill: Genbu Armor.

With this skill active, the wizard can easily tank a entire guild, i’m not joking. As if it were not enough, they use Cryomancer + Psychokino to heavy CC a wide area, frozen/stun lock almost entire parties in seconds, and finish all with some HUGE AOE damage skills like Ying Yang Harmony.

They defining all meta, overshadowing many other more balanced builds. On my server, we CAN’T win a single competitive GvG without some Cryo/Kino/Myojis.

On TBL we seeing some variations of this build using Warlock or Shadowmancer, turning this tanky wizard in a even more lethal dps class because of single target damage and crazy DOT capacity.

My review of Onmyoji/Cryo/Kino or Warlock or Shadowmancer

• Best DPS: YingYang, White Tiger, Mastema huge DOT damage, etc
  • Best Defense: Genbu Armor, Subzero Shield, etc
  • Best CC: Ice Wall, Frost Pillar, Magnetic, Raise, Snow Rolling, etc
  • Best Moviment/Escape abilitys (Teleportation), etc

OP things (in my opinion)

• YingYang lock the enemy receving damage, turning the skill almost impossible to avoid witout a dash or fast escape.
  • Gembu Armor EXTREME resistence against damage and ignore many debuffs and dot damage when active.
  • Subzero Shield Reflect (hitting harder than a old beta Revenged Sevenfold) + 6 seconds frozen. They can 1HKO some melee classes without doing anything, and because of genbu armor they dont even take damage.

What you guys thing? bug? bad balance? overreacting?

Ps: I’m a whining swordmeme masoquist

4 Likes

PvP Balance Check list:

Icewall Nerf :heavy_check_mark:
Subzero Shield nerf :heavy_check_mark:

Genbu Armor damage reduction Nerf :heavy_multiplication_x:
BM’s Bloody Overdrive Invincibility :heavy_multiplication_x:
Electric Shock Damage Nerf :heavy_multiplication_x:
Assassin’s Annihilation Invincibility :heavy_multiplication_x:
Rodelero’s Shield Push “Unbalanced debuff” Nerf :heavy_multiplication_x:
BM’s Freeze Bullet “Freeze chance” Nerf :heavy_multiplication_x:
Outlaw’s Mangle skill perma evasion bug :heavy_multiplication_x:

Thanks in advance : @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Yuri

Edit: Adding new skills.
@Ersakoz Monks are non-existent until next kTEST patch notes.

2 Likes

Just get more DEX ez, or just nerf the whole scout tree and put it in the dumpster fire.

1 Like

Where’s the monk with one inch punch

And sub zero uptime is not 100 %

1 Like

Oh, thx. Ill go make one like this.

What about Malleus oneshoting magic characters?
They doubled weapon m-atk but didn’t adjusted this skill

Don’t touch Inqui plz, it’s perfectly fine and amazingly broken.

yeah just make a monk/pd/priest and keep one inch punching the wizards and have your dps kill em.

you prob fighting guys with purple 315 gear xd

I don’t know what you mean
Maybe you don’t understand how Malleus work

Wizard is already pathetic, no need to nerf them more. You can counter freeze and Yin Yang with dispellers. Genbu Armor is based on the SP pool wizards don’t have anymore. Magnetic Force lasts like half a second. If I would complain about anything, that would be Scouts with Cloaking + Behead + Annihilation. Not poor wizards.

1 Like

You do realise block pen is a core part of how lancer works, crush is easily resisted rendering quintain useless and prevents duration is 2 seconds and doesnt counter any hard cc initiate already got stepped on and now has debuff resist to make up for it and hard shield is the only thing keeping swordies alive if you want to rework that class buff all 2h weapon attack to be on par with muskets and cannons

I am generally fine with classes having abilities like Bloody Overdrive and Annihilation with iFrames. They have to stand there and cast it, and afterwards they are vulnerable.

If they gave cyclone iFrames but forced you not to move when using it, would you use that attribute?
:haha:

1 Like

I kind of agree with the iframes having a disability like being stationary to use makes them acceptable.

The only issue I have with it is that people charge the gem feud npc then spam iframe skills and basically kill the npc without much trouble. But this may be more of a reflection of the npc than skills themselves.

But gem feud is meme content (like almost all content at this point) in this game, so I really can’t be too upset about it. I’d prefer them fixing vga, stability, net coding, and channel crashing over skill and class balancing.

Whats the nerf in Icewall? the shards ratio? no one cares about that in PvP, the problem with Icewall is if you touch it you Freeze, then the duration and the big area it can cover (Just throw it and cut in half the map in TBL)

Cryo shield now does the reflected damage as always should have be. but the 60% freeze is te mayor problem (and the uptime), you know if you hit the cryo with shield and genbu armor you don’t get the reflected damage? but you can be freeze anyways.

Genbu armor need to consume x2 or x3 SP than now, or break when the SP reach the 50% to not let the Wizz without any option

I’m fine with the BM Bloody Overdrive, don’t care about the Invul frames (A skills that lock in place for so many second is a suicide in a low HP/Def char like scouts), just don’t be there, is the assa skill that I think need a nerf in the area, is too big, like ying yang.

Electric Shock need a nerf in the duration more than the damage.

Rodelero Shield Push, I don’t know why this skill silence, the description don’t say that (is the interrupt part? I understand if you are casting something interrupts it, not “interrupt” for the entire duration -_-) , and the silence can’t be resisted by Shadow Galer(?) card, maybe is a bug?

Keep genbu the way it is now, just make some skills be incompatible with it.

If you couldn’t use teleport, blink, shadow pool, gyvenimas, mergaite, levitation and subzero shield(and maybe others I forgot) while you have genbu up, it would be more balanced. In my opinion anyways.

Rodelero is always slept on because Push and Shoving are rank 1 debuffs, so anyone with beak mask, or any group with Prophecy is straight up immune to it.

It is insanely good for Gemstone and TBL, but isn’t spectacular in GVG/Boruta for that reason.

I’m not saying is OP or not I asking if the “silince” part of the skill is supose to be in that way or is a bug, because in the description of the skill not say any of that.

“Use your shield to interrupt enemies. The target becomes afflicted with [Unbalanced]. Chance to knock down and reduce the defense of enemies affected by [Unbalanced]. Attacking the enemy from the back deals increased damage.”

Where is the silence part?

It has 3 effect in one skill and a 1 extra not listed…

I’m not sure you entirely understand how genbu works for one. For two you are complaining about a class that insta explodes the moment they are visible…complaining about cloak? Oh you mean the skill that is decloaked or shown by every aoe in game. Behead in to annihilation? Walk out of annihilation.

People cry about the strangest crap. Scout??? Really???

This is very weird, what can do an assa vs a wizz with Genbu+cryo shield? just walk around trying to not get freeze and wait for the 10(?) seconds the cryo shield is out to MAYBE break the genbu armor without being caught by the magnetic force+frost pillar.

A tip for scouts, if you are BM (or another ranged class) you can hit the wiz with genbu without being revealed because you are no hitting the wiz.
And another tip, if you have the Shield from velco set (Gyvisomething) you don’t be revealed by any damage until the shield is out (this exclude some skill that reveals hide like the Pied one)