Tree of Savior Forum

Onmyoji's Genbu Armor it's making Wizard class almost invulnerable on PvP/GTW/Boruta

Swordsman is still a stronger class than Wizard even with this but the big thing that makes this such an issue is that Wizards are the class with access to all the MS in the game. Swordsman MS buffs were all nerfed or shared in Rebuild. Cleric traded with Wizard and then got ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ on. Modafinil is terrible now.

So you now have a CC immune, super fast Wizard that doesn’t get hit so you can’t drain their SP pool. If they were slower than the melee classes it wouldn’t be an issue a decent player would shred through their shield and kill them. If they weren’t CC immune, everyone would have it easy and drain their SP with the overloaded CC in this game.

However as it is, the fastest class in the game + CC immunity, there aren’t as many classes that can drain the SP if both players play well, so you basically rely on a Linker, Archer or other Wizard, except they’re stupid and naturally squishy, so really they’ll die to it before you can do anything, Clerics in general don’t have much CC, but Iron Maiden does work on them so it’s possible to deal with that way.

Swordsman may have a match up disadvantage but for a Cleric/Archer/Scout, it’s better to fight an Onmyoji than a good Swordsman build.

Most of this games issues in PvP comes down to players are bad, available MS is completely nonsensical, or there is too much CC. Onmyoji deals in all 3 of these issues and so they’re strong.

That said if you nerf it, Wizards will be competing with Clerics for that 4th place slot.

As for the other stuff, Cryo’s Subzero Shield is not that bad, it’s a tanking skill on a class that gets just over half the HP of a real class like Swordsman. You want it nerfed, but think of how bad they are without it because your stupid class gets to have a big HP pool (the most important stat) and they get ■■■■■■■ nothing.

Edit: I take it back, sure Wizard gets 60% to Swordmans 100%(?) but they also get ■■■■ on in CON ratios as well so they don’t even get half your hp.

You can’t use dispeller on TBL and can’t escape yinyang damage without a teleport or dash. Magnetic Force area is too big, and they only need a half second to frost pillar a entire team. Genbu Armor damage reduction is too big, like a 80% damage reduction or more, physical and magical, sometimes 3 players hitting at same time can’t overpass the sp regen of pots. I’m not complaining about all wizards btw, just the OP Onmyoji.

The only type of resistance that Genbu Armor has is for ice-property attacks, as stated in the skill description. This does not mean you are immune to freeze, you still get frozen very easily. It’s just a small chance to neutralize any damage that is considered ice property.

Genbu Armor does not have any debuff resistance at all. The only thing I have seen it do is ignore the ‘hit lock’ from Ying Yang Harmony, the damage still applies.

Rather, it’s Magic Shield that gives some resistance to certain knockdowns, however, they can’t be used at the same time. So you give up this benefit to use Genbu Armor instead as an SP shield.

It cannot be used with magic shield as we already know. The effects of subzero shield (freeze and reflect) do not work while Genbu Armor is active, so your statement is not true.
:sad:

1 Like

And Scouts say Cloaking + Behead + Annihilation is fine.

So let’s go step by step:
Genbu armor description doesn’t explain how the damage is converted into SP. It’s not a mana barrier, we agree on that.

I’ll quote @crevox on how Genbu armor works:

"Genbu takes the % of max HP damage that you would have taken and converts that % to be dealt to max SP instead i.e:

If you take 1000 damage and have 100k HP, you would have lost 1% HP; this gets converted into 1% of max SP damage, so if you have 80k max SP, you now take 80 damage to your SP. "

That’s about Genbu armor. Add Gyvenimas set effect and that’s a whole new story.

Some people are unable to see how having Electric shock (Already strong enough + 25% physical defense reduction) + 10-15 seconds of Invulnerability(2x BO’s + Annihilation) is definitely not balanced in any way from a MELEE point of view.

That’s not even counting Freeze Bullet that perma freeze you to death without a chance to hit back.

I’m actually surprised some of you complain about poor Monks, like seriously? LOL

1 Like

I don’t know if you like pvp, but all wizards i see on TBL have almost the same HP pool than mine, something about 110~130k and i’m supose to be the “tanker” class. Swordmans lack of debuff imunity, poor moviment speed (except Lancer) and melee range make then the weakest class on a GvG or even a competitive TBL match. A swordman can’t even move against a Cryo/Kino mage.

What the ■■■■ is this?

BM’s Bloody Overdrive Invincibility, is not an issue. It’s actually really under powered since any form of CC will break it. Even if you can’t break it though, it’s such low up-time that it doesn’t matter. This really seems like more of a personal problem, like you’re trying to PvE your enemy but the skill you rely on most is countered by it and when you meet this resistance you have no idea what to do.

Bloody Overdrive in PvP is under powered, and back when it didn’t provide invincibility, it was useless in PvP and BMs had no defensive’s. Which just made it a bad class.

Same can be said about Assassin’s assuming you’re not referring to a bug. It’s not a big deal for a real player, just those who are throwing big damage at you and expecting to claim the auto win because they do so much damage.

1 Like

How’s having Invulnerability for 10-15 seconds a personal problem, TPK? Sheesh, from a melee perspective is HUGE, cause you need to get close to them to actually hit them and they generally pop up Electric shock on you as soon as you get close and by then you’re already dead.

bulletmarker and asssassin invincibility are fine. The only time it is an issue is gem feud because people suicide bomb npc.

The damage takes awhile to accumulate and after it ends they are sitting ducks because you know exactly where they are. Once it ends they die and most classes can just run out of it.

This doesn’t apply to electric shock because it hits so much

3 Likes

Im not even talking about TBL, cause nobody does TBL anymore aside a handful of players. Gem feud MATTERS cause there’s where most people attend “PvP”. And that’s 100± players attending Gem feud on Klaipeda server.

[quote=“NotVau, post:27, topic:399640, full:true”]

Wow, thats explains alot

Well what i meant for that is gem feud dive bombing the NPC. outside of npc divebombing its fine.

But the issue is not with assassin + bm its the stupid killing npc mechanic. You get rewarded so much for dive bombing and its almost an instant win if the enemy team doesnt respond to your dive bombing with their own .

“If I like PvP” LOL it’s who I am yo, I’m more of a PvP player than anyone else in this game, the type of player who plays not for the win but for the fight itself.

Wizards have to try really hard to get high HP, and you’re probably not trying that hard at all, you should be at least 50k higher than the tankiest Wizard.

Lancer’s MS got ■■■■ on, and also it comes from Cataphract btw. I don’t actually play the class, but I suffered a simular nerf shortly after from Modafinil, and according to Patch notes Cataphract got the same nerfs. 10 seconds on Trot, and Trot has a cast animation. That’s a minor point though.

As far as debuff immunity goes, you have Pain Barrier, it doesn’t specify but it provides a lot of debuff immunity, on top of that though there is High Guard/Slithering/Shield Charge which boost block which makes you immune to CC and anything Fencer/Matador does. It’s not on the level of Onmyoji sure, but it’s pretty ■■■■■■■ good. 1v1 Swordsman doesn’t need to move vs a Cryo-Kino, that’s not a thing, you won’t die to an equal geared Cryo Kino as a Swordsman if you’re playing it remotely well.

As for being melee, the class has Retiarius, bullshit pull + silence + snare basically plays the game for you.

@NotVau That’s again a personal issue, they offer a counter to your spin2win and you’re like “What no I was supposed to win already, what do I do, ■■■■ I’m dead” You could try Cross Guarding the Electric Shock, but TBH with how ■■■■ on that skill got I understand not taking highlander or using that skill, but what are you taking in place of it? Because any reasonable option I can think of, provides you with the answer to that problem you just mentioned. It’s just about trying. You have to consider it from all perspectives though, I don’t even use BM in PvP anymore, but I consider their perspective, that’s an important part of the skill that absolutely must stay and should in fact get buffed.

What Resource is talking about is actually a bit of an issue but it’s not the classes that are the issue but the game mode itself. The fact that the game is all about boss + NPC kills, and it’s 30v30, so the classes with invulnerability and CC immunity tend to be better at killing the NPC, but what can you really expect of a game mode that puts 30vs30 in 1 match. There isn’t even 30 crystals at a time. Mass PvP is a joke, and the fact that the outcome is decided by PvE is a bigger joke. Don’t ■■■■ on an already bad class because it excels at a part of the game that shouldn’t matter in the first place.

Sorry, but you are super undergeared, you only have a good weapon, that’s why you die to Yin Yang Harmony and have less HP than Wizards. I’ve watched some of your TBL match and you are also not that good, sometimes looks like you are lost and not understand what is happening in your screen.

How much MDEF a “well geared” player must have to effectively tank a YingYang? 500k? 200k? 100k?
You don’t even know that, because you obviously flamming for no reason. I’m a peltasta, and peltasta Hard Shield give much more MDEF than a full velcoffer +11 trans 10 set can give to a ‘well geared’ player like you.

If you’re saying that all TBL players need Full velcoffer +11 trans 10 to survive a magic burst, so the problem is the Unbalanced magic attack and not the normal player.

Property resist makes a pretty big difference btw, not that I’m recommending it.

However there is more to this game that just magic defense, consider your horrible hp pool, you said you only have around 120k, and then also consider that you likely do not have enchant jewel rolls for % magic damage and % PvP damage reduction, which will absolutely ■■■■ on that Ying Yang damage, then also consider your defensive skills, even if you’re not Fencer Matador, you should have something, but that’s in how you build, did you pick 3 DPS classes and run into PvP trying to PvE everyone like Vau does? “Oh Swordsman is so bad because I can’t beat everyone as a Highlander, Barbarian, Doppel with Gung Ho”

I am not salty at all, I am not a peltasta and I can tank 2 or more yin yang of well geared players and you can’t, see whats the problem? I’ve seen you die to one single yang before when in some swords the yang damage 800 or something in each tick.

That’s apply to physical attack as well, don’t expect to enter TBL with paper armor and not getting high damage.

That’s your problem TPK, you’re seeing things black and white, PvE and PvP characters. And that’s exactly what im against at.
People who go into Gem feud or GTW, or Boruta or any related content play the classes THEY LIKE TO PLAY, and that’s how i think this game should be.
As soon as you tell people to play certain builds to manage certain classes, things are wrong. The game should be balanced to cater all the non-shop classes and perform normally just like any other class.

Again, this is the same reason TBL died in 2016, cause people had to play certain builds to perform okay, and literally nobody likes to be forced to play a certain build to actually PvP.

Not gonna reply to the other non-sense you’re talking about.

You’re talking to me?
Well, i’m Peltasta/Rodelero/Doppelganger, it’s not 3 DPS.
I’m don’t know if it’s easy on your server have Ignas Plate ichor on every velcoffer piece, but it’s not a easy thing to do on mine.
What you guys trying to say anyway? lol

In every game ever, the most important stat is HP.

Followed by MS in almost every game ever.

You cannot ask for PvE builds that specifically say no to defensive skills, no to HP and yes to melting everything to be viable in PvP.

If they are it’s a massive issue with the game. The more you overload a game with damage, the more essential durability becomes. You need defensive skills, you need defensive stats, without it you can’t survive some PvE Doppel spinning on you with Cyclone and the ridiculous boost Slash damage gets, or the massive % damage increases they can stack.

@EldritchMoon Dude you’re using Ignas top/bottom? THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM! You have 0 block. No wonder you feel like you’re not the strongest class in the game, and have no CC immunity. You willingly shat on your own CC immunity.

???