Tree of Savior Forum

Offer Job Reset Please

Maybe you should learn to read

Before I play a game I make sure first read and research so that I wont commit too much mistake. If things cant be done Im just going to reroll and try again. Dont waste time in forums requesting for something too far to be done.

I’m not very sure why people are arguing -against- having some kind of circle reset. Everything is practically bounded to your character, including TP items. You cannot just remake your character unless you feel like throwing away your money.

This game isn’t even finished and there are a lot of unimplemented classes, features and skill rebalances that will be done in the future. Your class may be amazing today, but a few patches later… they nerf your class (lol Highlander) and tough luck. See how that goes?

Any game that locks players behind classes without any sort of reset is kind of stupid. You cannot argue that “you screwed up therefore gg”. That kind of mentality just encourages players to quit.

People will screw up or the developers will screw you up. Players shouldn’t be so harshly penalized for it. Especially if certain skills need rebalancing or fixing. Some of the skills in the game actually don’t work properly or are just horribly bad. That is not the fault of the player and no matter how much research you do, research doesn’t fix broken skills.

That said…

I believe what people fear is how -easy- it will be to reset a class and that seems to be the concern when the game capitalizes on creating multiple characters. If you are able to class reset, there isn’t much of a point in really having more than 1 type of class (ex. swordsman) as you can just reset their class anytime and switch back and forth.

Here’s what I think that would be a better solution:

• Only allow rank 6 or higher classes to reset. If players reach rank 6, they have an option to doing a side quest that allows them to reset their class level to 1. They would keep their base levels.

• Resetting their class will abandon all attributes learned.

• Resetting a class will bring them back to their original c1 swordsman, archer, wizard or cleric.

This system in place would make it a lot harder for players to switch back and forth to whatever classes they wanted to play, but still possible. If they wanted to reset their class again, they would need to reach rank 6.

If the developers release a new rank or class in the future, we should have an option to rerolling classes without having to scrap everything on the current character.

This idea is literally inspired by RO’s rebirthing system.

4 Likes

You answered it yourself.

Most popular MMOs have skill-simulator made by fans to prevent most chances of having a fail build. Luckily, even the tosbase skill simulator included the in-game description of each skills. Sadly, it wasn’t enough, there are countless of skill with vague descriptions or is actually working differently. Players are getting misled which shouldn’t happen in the first place yet you, OMG, look at you defending IMC for something they obviously are at fault.

Wow, black-knight attitude? I was just contributing to the thread and the main point of the thread was a suggestion to have job resets.

If you’re thinking I do post alot of useful stuff, yes, I roam the forums posting on every thread that I can contribute into. I don’t mind losing respect from someone who likes defending those who are at fault and clearly did something wrong.

1 Like

I need to know what is your build that you are so desperate to have changed. Matter of fact I would like to all the people here asking for a reset to post their builds I need to see this.

And… what is your point in knowing someone elses build? It doesn’t affect your gameplay in anyway.

1 Like

I answered how it cant be considered white knighting.

Black knighting is the opposite of White Knighting.
Black Knights bash any opposition regardless of what they say. (much like a white knight, except those are about ‘defending’ instead of ‘attacking’)
They tend to read posts rather differently defending on who says it as well.

You were, but I havent seen one post that wasnt filled with negativity in some time now. I would suggest you relax and remind yourself of what ‘contributing’ to a discussion really means. But that’s just my advice, and since it comes from me I’m sure you will ignore it.

I only defend whats worth defending. Or what I believe to be, at any rate.
Much like most people, yes?
I dont mindlessly defend like a White Knight, and I dont mindlessly bash others like Black Knights.

@Varuna

lans did ask for a build thats not ‘‘top pve/pvp build’’ so its fair to ask for the opposite, a build that ‘‘needs to be reset’’

Personally I dont care to know. Whether someone feels they ‘‘need’’ to reset is their own point of view. Nothing else.

1 Like

I wish I could find those words that the developers want people to have variety and HAVE to do research before making builds and stuff like that.

I’m sure its not as clear cut as I said it as, but I do remember seeing the dev’s referencing something about how they want builds to be researched or looked into.

Lol I say this without proof for now, maybe I’ll edit it later if I find their post.:worried: Instead here’s a cute pic I found from trying to find it.

Here’s the funny thing.

People were whining about this same exact issue in Ragnarok Online in the past.

Then developers threw in a rebirth system that reset your skills and stats. Oh and imagine that there were plenty of people arguing against this system too.

Now nobody cares and now it’s part of the game.

As I said before, you literally cannot argue against this lol. It’s just beyond retarded to try to argue against having some kind of class reset system when the developers have implemented something like it before. I don’t think it should be easy to do, but I don’t think it should be impossible.

Im sorry but i cant argue with you coz I don’t understand your english. Dont know what you’re trying to say. :frowning:

A reset of sorts after gamebreaking changes makes sense. A full reset doesnt really make sense, as that would be the same thing as completely redoing your character…without all the work involved.

However, I do feel they should make the journal (and achievements) Teamname shared, so people dont feel they have to stick with their main character or lose their Meta-progress.

Pretty much. FFXIV is like this. WoW is as well (with specs).

Well that’s a matter of opinion. Mine is that there are already many games out there that dont/barely give penalties. The result in my experience tends to be that people enjoy playing the same character a lot less…because they dont become as attached when they can just reroll (stats or skills, or class).

Personally my class is already broken (not in a good way) so I’m already there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rebirthing is the exact opposite. In order to get stronger people had to remade their entire character…not only that, they had to earn far more experience on top of that. It’s not the same as a ‘‘free stats/skill reset’’, as it would be a lot faster to level a new character from 1 to 99.

Opinion =/= fact. There’s good arguments for and against this.

That’s a respectable opinion and one I can relate to, but most in favor of resetting do want it to be ‘‘easy to do’’

It wasn’t something you “had to do”. It was optional. You could choose to advance straight onto the next job or reroll your character back to a novice, but with higher stats then into a trans class.

You sre one delusional busterd dont you.
Go build what ever and win in pvp as well. Or take your what ever to lvl 200 dungeon and see if any one will take you.
We will ask for this thing 24/7 if we need to. So have a nice day.

See thats wby you are a retarded no life.

Lol i cannt understand English too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They assume you’ll wreck your first build which is why In lieu of a reset you currently get a super character for your next roll.

If you get at least one character to 130, no matter how broken they are, you get a MASSIVE bonus if you make a new one.

Your collection buffs alone will make you far more powerful starting out but on top of that you have plenty of funds to buy 3 buffed hair accessories and all the best and rarest starting gear.

Basically you should be starting with double hp and double damage if you have at least 250k silver. This will get you back to 130 in a fraction of the time and with a far better build (especially if you fixed whatever broke the first one).

1 Like

Except RO did NOT allow people to skill and stat reset whenever they wanted at least not till years later after they went full cash shop. So bad example.

In RO if you screwed up your stats then you dealt with it or built a new character. Not to mention RO works differently than here

Lovely argument. You should write books with your current level of vocabulary. Do you need your hand held as you use the restroom too?

Funny you bring that up because people who did NOT rebirth properly or did NOT get to job 50 every time complained about how inferior they were to those that did.

Research goes a long way. Those people BTW did not get a magic wand holding redo button.