Tree of Savior Forum

Offer Job Reset Please

What a pity. Try again.

1 Like

Learn your class and look up proper synergy with future ranks. Quite easy isn’t it?

1 Like

stop trolling and leave.

3 Likes

Every argument I read about this has a “this is what I will do, it won’t affect you in any way, you don’t have to use it” line in it somewhere. And it’s the most short sighted and pointless argument to be made. Of course it will change my experience. Almost every single person will choose the same class combinations, including me, or will be forced to, to be relevant. This is a multiplayer game with thousands of people in it, by existing, you effect it, let alone changing huge game design elements.

People will always choose cookie cutters even without a reset (maybe even more so as people suggest), and that’s fine. Eventually there might be balance changes or complete overhauls of a certain class combination to prevent them completely dominating in a certain field or arena of the game.
At that point, the argument is that people who went with a unique, more personalized spec choice, might become more relevant, and thus even rewarded for that. Where as if you implement a class reset option, nothing matters, you will all play the exact same game, the exact same way.

Let me go backward a bit. Let’s say the “meta” as it were, were that wizards were completely useless and only Swordsman, Clerics and Archers were relevant to the meta, to the point no one rolled wizards anymore and all rolled Archers.
What you’re suggesting is that if wizards somehow became relevant and Archers took the wizard’s less relevant place, people should be able to reroll their Archers to Wizards.
That’s a direct comparison in game design. Choices mean something, that’s literally half the enjoyment of these types of games.

When you play a singleplayer game where you make permenant decisions that you can’t take back, does that take away from the enjoyment of the game? even if they aren’t the most optimal choices, or cause you great trouble on certain encounters in the game. Do you think being able to reset your character at the end of the game to finish the boss despite your character becoming something completely different, should be allowed?

Imagine if you will Baldur’s Gate (for those who are familiar), rolling a wizard class as your main, this makes you extremely weak and forces you to build your team around protecting your main character because if your main character dies it’s usually the end of the game, even if someone in your part could resurrect, because it’s your main, story relevant character, it’s game over.
The suggestion here is akin to being able to play through the whole game as a wizard and then because you’re having trouble surviving a late game boss encounter or you are finding it less effective than having a Stealth class who can hide from death or a Warrior who can take the dfamage, that you should be able to reset your choices, because they are hurting your experience.

This is a fundamental argument about game design, and you are asking this game to become completely and utterly uninteresting by allowing people to just do whatever. This is already a casual MMORPG at current. Yes leveling takes a bit of time, but that’s what MMORPGs are about. But you can teleport everywhere, you never lose anything (but gems) from dying, you can resurrect with orbs upon death, completely nullifying travel time if you are deep in some dungeon or in the middle of a fight or whatever.

This game is already very convenient for your “time management” issues.At least enjoy the core of the game, which is leveling and grinding. If you can’t enjoy that then I have some… possibly news for you, but MMORPGs just may not be a game type you want to get into.

2 Likes

“Do you wish to save/load your game?”

Thus this argument is invalid because you’re comparing single player where you can save and load anytime unlike MMORPG where your decisions are mostly permanent.

1 Like

Okay I tried finding out so since you make it sound easy just answer these questions beforehand:

Using a mix of pardoner and PD with preist as base:
Can I have several exorcises up on a single mob? I can make the debuff hold langer than the cooldown with Discerning evil, but I don’t know if the first will simply be overriden or a second one applies.

Can I spread exorcise with pandemic? Can I spread stun from cleric autoattack with pandemic? If I spread it is it spread with basetime or DE enhanced time? Because I wont be able to spread and then enhance. These “miniscule” differences are important.

Can I spread Exorcise from one mob back to my primary target to maybe get two stacks rolling?

Future classes? Can I spread death sentence with pandemic?

So put your money where your mouth is. Half the interactions are not properly interacted and make a ton of difference in viability.

Far from makes anything I said irrelevant. So what you’re saying is, you would load a save from your first minute into the game and play from level 1 again?

Oh wait, that’s exactly my point. You won’t, you’re asking to avoid that.

1 Like

Most classes I see in high level are cookie-cutter builds or people that openly say that they are in pain since it is becoming too tough for them.

I don’t know a class that is so weak early that it has really trouble leveling. Heck you can just autoattack your way to rank 5 with any combination with pardoner buffs and cafrisun set without much issues.

Leveling itself is also boring with the artificial limitations placed on you. You level quicker by teamlevel, but just giving gear to your twink and go 50 lvls higher and roll there does yield zipshit for xp. I wouldn’t mind have as much if not every new char would be the same - rush main story, do a couple of zones, jump into 50 dungeon x3 grind constructor even go 90 dungeon. This is boring. I would rather let my gear determine where I can level but above all I want to test things before I commit.

Either a complete test environment where people can test (this doesn’t alter your experience either). People aren’t that prone to cookie-cutter if they find something else that is fun aswell.

For example I am among the most badass raiders you can have and min/max it. I work on 2 cookie-cutters for ET meanwhile my mains are something completely off the chart and more in the experimental area of the game. Only thing I would care about is people going for crafter classes/templar.

Ragnarok online - Took MONTHS at release to hit level 99, No stat or skill resets. You had to make sure you knew what you were doing or forever be screwed up.

Transcendent classes came out which allowed people who powered through to rebirth and fix mistakes while at the same time get more power from new skills and stat points at the end.

Dofus - Max level was 200 took an insane amount of hours to reach. Till Otomai Island came out there was no way to reset and again people had to actually care about their character and which skill/stat points they invested in.

Just two examples.

1 Like

That wasn’t my point. You can easily correct any mistake you do as you progress on a single player game through saving and loading. That’s not the case for an MMO so you can’t use single player games as a base for your argument.

Not to mention, some have kept arguing but is always being ignored. Most skill descriptions are so vague that it actually misleads alot of players to mess up their builds. This is not the player’s fault anymore, it’s clearly the developers not being specific. Just look at Plague Doctor’s skill “Pandemic” it says it spreads “ALL” status ailments when it clearly doesn’t which is why other players are having problem with their builds. Burrow also says “In this state, you can attack but cannot move.” Backstab is an attack, Rapid Fire is an attack but why can’t I use them? Why does attack skills of Archer C3 can mostly be used? Why Quarrel Shooter skills are mostly disabled? The devs are clearly at fault here.

2 Likes

im not reading the rest of this, but again, like said before, that aint our problem. a game’s lack of class balance isnt the reason to not allow people to reset/change their class. The thing is, you say this like it won’t just happen anyway as the game matures and all the OP builds are found.

Again, it is not the players fault for a lack of balance. It is the developers and it is their issue to fix, not the players.

1 Like

That was my point though, a singleplayer game can still use hundred and hundreds of hours of time. If you want to play a Warrior late game when you’ve played a Wizard from start to that point, you need to start again and play a warrior. Fixing minor mistakes with a sale/load feature is irrelevant to this discussion?

And that’s something I can sympathize with, some skills are not clear about what they do and I can imagine that being rather annoying to deal with, i’ll admit that easily. There is a problem in communicating these things by the translation and developers as such.

But I think as others have said in this thread, this is a problem that has existed for many MMOs in the past. Class and skill descriptions misleading people. People used to just suck it upand reroll, play another character and learn from their/other’s mistakes.

1 Like

Your argument is asinine. Cookie cutters will always exist. But having it so every person can just switch and change without any effort is bad for a game, it’s really that simple.

I’ve detailed direct comparisons within that post. It’s literally no different than them allowing you to change your wizard into an archer or otherwise. You are asking to eliminate effort from the game.

Class balance, descriptions and game design are a whole other discussion.

You don’t run over your 55" flatscreen TV with a truck because Samsung made a crappy remote.

1 Like

single player games and mmos are designed very different. MMOs dont “end”. there is no “beating” an mmo. Single player games (depending on genre) are only supposed to last 6-18 hours. So starting over in a single player game is much more acceptable. What isn’t acceptable is having to start over because you ruined a character.

Regardless, the class reset is coming where you like it or not. There are way too many pro’s to the scenario for IMC than con’s for the people who don’t want other players to enjoy the game and continue playing.

2 Likes

And I think this is where there is a divide amongst the opinions here. That is more than acceptable to a lot of us.
A fundamental difference in viewpoint when it comes to these types of games. And i guess the argument after that is where the developers should stand, on the side of the majority, or on the side of a game design philosophy.

1 Like

Let me emphasize the word “you need”. This is just you, you can’t speak for everyone else. You think you need to start again if you made a mistake, that’s not the case for everybody else.

Now, if you read OP. He isn’t even talking about having a bad build. It’s about getting misled. The skill descriptions are either too vague or actually works different on what’s stated. Which is why I added my experience as well.

It’s a problem therefore it needs a fix. Other MMO adapted the class system where any player can change to any class they want to use. While other have chosen to provide class resets, yes, there are MMOs like that, like Dragon Nest.

Don’t talk as if it’s a fact that everyone does this. Nor everyone should do the same, telling people what to do is like taking the controller from them. You’re now the one playing, not them.

I don’t know why would it even matter when it is clear that we don’t agree but I answered your questions…and you should also know by now my standpoint.

But again this would be something that could be abused so no I don’t support it in that way.

This is the exact part what is ridiculous… You didn’t level up with that class you changed into. You didn’t learn to use its skills. You didn’t make the advancement quest for that class. You didn’t do ■■■■ with it and you want an easy access to it.

Maybe it turns out you suck with that too…and then you just swap back like nothing happened? (and this scenario will happen too with some it doesn’t matter if you wanted to swap because IMC or not)

Yeah I’m sure it would be awesome for the lazy ppl…but for me it is ridiculous from a lots of viewpoints.

The problem is it wouldn’t be the fault of IMC the most times… and for those times where it is… the way I offer is more than enough imo.

But if you don’t agree you don’t agree…as I said I have my own standpoint on it, Also I do care about what will be in the future that is why I would still offer a way,just not the easy and imo lazy one…

1 Like

Perhaps I should have been more thorough in my initial post.

This is an issue of specialization and risk management. It is pointless to simply tell the people not to use the class resets (if they existed). This is because everyone needs to be held to the same standards. Anyone can make a game harder for themselves, but it means nothing if everyone else takes the easy road.

My preference is based on increasing the value of characters, goals, and experiences. It pushes people to try harder and leads to a greater sense of reward–increasing replay value and ensuring a long-lasting game.

5 Likes

Every time you reply you ignore the meaning behind anything I type and divert to things i’ve already addressed.

The core issue is; Changing the entire game’s progression system is a big deal. Nullifying all choices made by use of class reset is a bad design move. Almost all games that take a homogenized route to their game design have died or are decreasing in popularity largely because of that choice of game design.

as @Haibara just posted, it’s all about a sense of reward, replay value and a long lasting game. Adding in a reset feature of this magnitude would take away all 3 of those things to a very large degree.

Skill and stat resets are MORE than big enough kid gloves for people to work with.

1 Like

After reading many comments in this post. I feel there may be a middle ground solution for class reset here.

Allow each “account” to be able to class reset once. So that way after people mess up things as newbies. They at least have 1 chance to tweak something to make it the way they really wanted it.

And this is with 1 extra condition, the reset has to be used within a month of account opening. This is to prevent people saving the reset for something else.

Of course it can still be abused by merchant classes but at least it’s pretty limited already.

In terms of major patch changes… I don’t know. I’m thinking maybe replenish the 1 time reset if it’s used, but does not increase the reset chance to be more than 1. And again this new reset will have the same 1 month or however long period it is to be used.