Tree of Savior Forum

Nothing can beat the nostalgia of Ragnarok Online

@everyone why doesn’t tree of savior have such things as world bosses or guild bosses when talesweaver which is 14 years old has it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI-lL2eEEQg

the field bosses in old mmorpgs like ragnarok and talesweaver are done far better than this which is the saddest part lol

it’s also sad that tree of savior has about equal players as ragnarok when iro is outdated https://ropd.info/?mode=spop

the difference between talesweaver,ragnarok and tree of savior is that the two prior mmos hardly focus on quests while tree of savior has heavy focus on it atleast in the early stage which bores many people.

questing isn’t for everyone so it makes sense why older mmos have similar or higher playerbase than tos.

besides tos hardly has any fun pve content to offer like a raid or an actual field boss that isn’t soloable, mvp in ragnarok atleast takes more time to defeat it.

i just feel that imc isn’t giving their all, they are missing the funnest part about mmos, castlesiege (like woe in ro) and world boss raids.

you guys have alot of bosses ingame but it’s mainly only used for story quests when it could be more… hell they could have implented a guild dungeon that drops cool gear or material for the future update as a part of the reward for winning the castlesiege.

1 Like

Duh, no. Arrow Storm with +15 L3 Crossbow with Thanatos and Turtle General was killing everything. DB was a child’s play compared to AS, even with Tao Gunka in +9 Siege plate.

DB with kiel + fallen bishop + that rune that make you tank some hits (forgot the name) can easily beat AS. Just sayin’, with right dmg reduction equips you can even tank that

Edit: considering you have a TG card, its a must have to Rune Knights

Aside from outdated QoL features and some inconveniences, I can’t think of anything specific to complain about RO pvm (I’m playing in iRO btw). It doesn’t feel p2w since even those who pump cash into the game gets rekted by RNG.

For ToS, it’s easy to overlook minor bugs, inconvenient features, poorly optimized performance and UI if it has an amazing and rewarding end-game. Bugs and the staff’s unprofessionalism (look at how they write their announcements, they need to take communication/language proficiency classes) didn’t make me quit. The lack of rewarding gameplay did. As many of you have been complaining about, ToS end game has been all about chores. It’s a daily grind in order to do more daily grind.

At least for RO, it has MVPs and high level instances that would make building up your character more rewarding.

RO meta talk hijack~
They’re great at WoE, placing 2-4 of em’ in a safe sniping spot at choke points alternating their DBs, but…
DB was only good back then, cos before it ignored def, hide, racial resist and evasion, due to that it took a nerf hammer.

And as a DB RK you can’t go in the melee or tank n spank in PvE and get your hp low or else your Breath skills will turn ■■■■.
There are limits how much damage you can pump out with DB’s fix damage, using the caster’s max hp/sp as modifiers with cards, gears buffs/foods.

On the other hand, the sheer damage of Ranger’s AS has with:
-BigXbow/ElvenSet(cheap) +Enchant Scrolls
-WWset
-NoLimitBuff<specially this sh!tter.
All while still having auto Warg procs do decent damage while ignoring def&evasion.

I prefer IB&HS build RKs while toying with Rhydo, Haglaz and Pertz runes.

Are we still talking about official servers here? TG doesn’t increase DB which is pretty much what majority of builds are. So no, it’s not a must have for RK’s. Not for the majority, at least.

AS looks overpowered for new players. You forgot it has cd. It can’t kill MVPs easily. Which is half of the PvE end-game content. The other being instances.

i always loved ragnarok but at the same time felt overwhelmed by the lack of zeny :sob:

I think the Nostalgia moment is from the very right Timing and Peoples,
call back that time there are no other option in MMORPG.
It was a really good game, but it won’t be better than ToS at those 1-2 years in term of content. It mainly because there are a lot peoples doing same thing and created a lot of story.

At the end, I miss the peoples in RO more than the game itself.

Now, if you still like RO so much, why not play the game manually until lv280 in official server? See if you like the pure grind and solo.

1 Like

175 is currently the max level, btw. Not sure which RO you played but currently, the grind is just right compared to the hellish grind pre-renewal. The amount of grinding/levelling up in RO is proportionate to the end-game content it offers. Unlike in ToS, the fun pretty much ends after you max out your level and gear up your character.

Prolly the worst thing about RO is its lack of support for newer players. If you’re starting from scratch, your best option is to pump cash into the game to at least catch up.

Wtf?
Fallen dont work on Db.
At least on fro

Did they do any dmg seriously? xD

In our guild we got a Tao/2x kiel/ Tae goo leayon Rk he can use 5+ DB in a second that destroys whole guilds.

Btw it is true that iro got a mvp spawner npc?
Fro got to much mvp card but iro should be crazy then… x__X

Honestly speaking, ToS >>>>> RO, if you really despise ToS that much you’re wasting your time here, I have been scammed so many times in RO that I cannot even remember, but in ToS we have a secure market system, for those who point the finger to ToS bugs, you should know that RO used to have major vending related glitches, like the 2 merchants in the same cell (dunno how it works cuz I’m not a scammer), the “ghost” card bug which one put it on personal trade then the card disappear soon after, you can’t even complain about bots in ToS, their population is nothing like the kazillions farm bots in RO, some maps are ridiculously crowded with bots (have you seen the Goats map near Juno? That’s sick) by the way, botting in RO is super professional already, they have some commands that allow then to even answer questions, they go back to the kafra to stock their items, while in ToS they can’t do that, if you’re a newbie without much money to invest on the game, your life will be tough, since most players nowadays sink lot of money to get dumplings that recover all your HP/SP instantly without cooldown, unlike ToS, RO is totally pay to win, even uber equips are been selling through kafra points system/ROPs (in bRO), like those op wings (Fallen Angel Wings right?) or that bag ( forgot the name) and some weapons too.

Tos has no real endgame.
In ro I play woe since 2004.
Its still fun what offer tos?
Run saalus/290 with as much alts as possible for 1 Char yeah great.

As long Tos dont offer any good engame content Good Pvp/ Gvg without crashes i will stay with ro as main game!

What’s fRO?

There are bloody branches that summons MVPs in iRO. As for the physical RKs, there will be buffs/changes to rune and there are alread quite a few gears for physical RKs which will probably make them more viable. But DB is still the most efficient to PvM/WoE with.

It’s stupid to be scammed in any game. Period.

The european Server!
From what i hear the european server is more in woe/pvp
and less p2w then iro but im from europe anyway.

What @tonyostark said, I just find DB RKs gameplay quite mind numbing and prefer the more classic ‘knight’ like playstyle with skill rotations.
DB RKs are kinda like our Cyclone only meta Dopps here in ToS, one push of a button and the rest of their skill sets are just decorations.
ToS wise:
DB RK=Barb3>Dopp
IB RK=HL3>Dopp
HS is like Barb Cleave and can get in any of those two builds.

Early gear set for physical RKs(the StormBlast proc is damn scary for aspd Agi Knights):
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=re_item_db&comid=112
Also viable for DB&HS builds:
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=re_item_db&comid=111
^both easily acquirable with Mora/NewWorld quests.

Well i dont like the db rk too.
Thats why i play gx now.
Im too invested to switch my cls now sadly lol

I was talking 'bout WoE. For MvP we had Genetics and other broken things :frowning:

This.

One minute of one-shoting everything with the proper equipement. The only thing that could’ve save you from thanatos weilding ranger was pneuma.