Tree of Savior Forum

Nothing can beat the nostalgia of Ragnarok Online

Just play ro this days …
And all your nostalgic is gone.
A shitload auf mvpcards at least on the eu server iro is eve more bad right?
3rd cls with their 10 000 000 1-hit kill skills.

A balance that makes DD Wiz/Crusi/Physical Rk useless.
Monk/rogue/Hunter 3rd jobs are op as hell.

Rw is like a nightmare >.>

That’s what happens when there is only nostalgia left over the real memories.

Well, game mechanic wise, I agree that RO elemental/race system is more vibrant than TOS,
In ToS generally nobody bother about race/element, and all bosses likely the same just stack enough of patk/matk and pdef/mdef.
Card system as well, RO gave a lot of modifiers, and ToS Gem system just very plain.
Stat system as well RO is more dynamics.

However, content wise RO is very plain and is all about grinding and farming. Boss? It is fun at begins, things changed when Alchemist Potion Pitch kicks in. Without bot the game hardly survive.

Only thing i’m really missing from RO that i haven’t found in any other mmo is betting on the retarded monster races.

I had so much fun up there.

RO nostalgia? you mean RO vietnam flashbacks. :'D

1 Like

Omg, i know the nostalgia that RO gave to some of us, i played for years, but come on, i am glad that tos is not RO, player can evolve too, play diferent things, even if this things are based on the pass ones…
I like it play RO, but its gone, not the great game that i played years ago, but also my motivation… RO had his qualitys, but have a lot off disgrace too. Was never, ever, balanced. I start to play before transclass, it was nice, but never balanced… Some problems that have here em tos, had also in RO, but i think some of u do not know that, or do not remember…
Come on, evolve like a pokemon, and forget RO or you can just log in into there, because its still alive(i do not know how).
The only thing that i missed is Grand Chase, not for levelling there, but the pvp system, that was unbalanced too, but it was a lot of fun, even more if played with friends!!!

Sorry abou my english, its not my first one.

for me the day of 2-2 class is balance
i think transcendence ( rebirth class ) where RO is starting fall apart
■■■■ things up where all overpower buffs come along and skill ( buff half damage , magic amplify , strip all , EDP buff etc. ) & more godly items

i quitted during early - midway due to time issues
and after that returned 1-2 years but played on private servers since i want to start fresh on with newly opened server

while the 3rd job i havent played them on official server nor on private server but ive heard that 3rd job totally destroyed ragnarok for good
cant comment about it much

the main issue im having in TOS is there is too much restriction you really cant deny it ,

buying underpriced stuff from rush player and reselling it to original price is popular and legit way to earn in most mmo but in tos it becomes untradable if you tried this method

one more example i said the pvp . its time scheduled ( another restriction ) for those people who love pvp , there is no way to party with friends nor guildmate

you can do gvg but its very limited & it has so many issues too
im pretty sure you know it

Being ChosenOneRevelator from day 1 already sets the player on the linear storyline, and it’s the bad kind of repetitive, once the player rolls a new character. At least DragonNest characters took different story perspectives and connected them into one common plot line while keeping each character’s story flavor.

Cos’ RO has a story for almost everything they put in the game.
Sograt desert? :crossed_swords: Aftermath of Thanatos and Satan Morroc’s fight.
Prontera is a flourishing city? :yin_yang: Land blessing from a fragment of Ice Giant Ymir’s heart planted deeply underneath the city.
Margaretha Sorin the HighPriest that rediscovered Redemption spell lost contact with the church after going on a mission in Lighthalzen. Guess who’s the kinky nun in BioLabs? :heart_eyes:
GlastHeim full of spirits and undead? :skull_crossbones: A Lich Necromancer Valkyrie under Goddess Freya raided the once most powerful city to re-supply her army.

Heck there might even be some asspull explanation how/why Porings are plant type.

True, but that was also RO’s good point. Players aren’t shackled to story plot to progress the game.
RO was practically taken in by it’s a players as an escape from reality(imagine TheSims gone MMO with fanatasy rpg elements), it was a complete sandbox world that kept expanding.

Everything in GC was balanced, until AP characters got introduced that’s where all the OHKO shits started flying.

8 Likes

Yeah and skill trees. However I love how the community found ways to always make as balanced as possible pvp rooms with certain limitations people could use, it really made it fun and worthwhile.
S2 was the gold time of pvp tho I wish there was a GC priva for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

sadly im unlucky person when it comes to refining higher equipment so mostly i just refine + 7

If you have failed to slot 23 infiltrator in a row you know what it means to be unlucky. Chance for success is 20%. Now do math.

Renewal mechanics destroyed the game. Its way more worse as the ToS mechanics actually. This is why I was playing as nomad on woe/bg focused midrate p-servers that stopped with ep 13.2/13.3. The competition level of the woe comunity was so much higher there anyways.

1 Like

Who the f**k is warping to PAYON?!

While this is really part of what RO was, i find this kind of lacking since it only covered a small part of the game.

This is coming from someone who played from Transcendence to Renewal.
As much as “renewal killed RO” i still found it fun in some ways. I kinda dislike most of the private servers (oh look, another GM from one of these private servers added me on fb again) since i already played an peaked whatever content they had to offer. I wanna progress on the story too, no matter how “optional and non compulsory” it is. I witnessed how morroc was destroyed and rebuilt, how satan morroc was defeated and escaped (and now defeated again… maybe finally?). i found that captivating as a story.

as for the current iRO, i’ll say again, at its state i’ll most likely hit the cap in TOS faster and get all my BiS items faster than i would in iRO. Note that i have some 140ish characters in iRO with still-viable items.

The current new Doram class is pretty interesting. However, ALL of the players i saw playing Doram class were old players / returnees who have and can use funds and equipment from their other characters to sustain their new Dorams. These are mainly because of +XX certificates or something that ensures a certain upgrade level, not to mention the p2w ways to get yourself a +13 item (do correct me if i’m wrong here, this is what i understood from a friend in iRO who boasted and explained to me how he got his glorious spear to +13). And oh, some of the new BiS cards seem to have their effects ‘locked’ to a certain enhancement level.

Try playing what is iRO now FROM SCRATCH, and then try iTOS too, from scratch then decide for yourself.

anyway, i can rave on this more and more, but maybe some other place, some other time. I don’t have the luxury of time currently.

6 Likes

What, you don’t have 2 billion zeny to buy safe to +10 certificates?

Did they ever find out who the fck was warping to payon?

Nope, but it was SilverFyre who asked ‘what’d I miss’

What’d you miss? Shutup

I already quit ToS 2months ago and uninstalled it because it’s very boring. Not really worth the time. I sometimes check the forums from time to time now I found this thread and it makes me wanna play RO again :sob: I agree in almost everything you said btw.

5 Likes

yeah i don’t. when i migrated my account i had probably a few hundred million zeny in cash, and when the migration took place, all the zeny was wiped. not even 1 zeny left. now i can’t remember if it was announced like that. i had some boxes of sort as a part of a migration package, in which my friend said it has a ‘chance’ obtain a + certificate, unluckily, none of the boxes i had opened contained those.

1 Like

When my friend told me AGI affects cast time. :frowning:

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire boooooooooooooooooolt.

1 Like

I only played long enough to make a High Wizard (and essentially have a stat reset as a High Novice) and also make a High Priestess (alt). I haven’t played the game since. :slight_smile:

Honestly, looking at old images of RO. I don’t think I’d really like to play it again. It’s best left in my day of old; as nostalgia fodder.