Tree of Savior Forum

Nothing can beat the nostalgia of Ragnarok Online

nothing can beat the nostalgia of Ragnarok Online

i hate tree of savior so ive quitted long time ( 6 - 8 months ) from now during R7 due to variety of reasons from technical and balancing issues

but id like to list the things i remember while playing old RO which more Polished more interesting gameplay mechanics and the player to player interaction during those times

i started playing when i was a mid - grade schooler , RO was my first game -
( no npc quest giver , limited warping from map or dungeon only town , punishing death penalty when high level , no micro transaction )

So yeah Welcome to the fully sandboxed world of ragnarok online !

after that they added new contents like War of Emperium and release of the alternate branching of 2-2 job that keeps me thriving and playing the game
then midway of trancendance

I quitted for good ( no time to play )

and i have no idea what happens next
after that cameback after 1-2 years ? cant remember exactly and played again but on private server but did’nt last long since it ddnt capture or was different experience from the old official mmo of RO

so shall i start shall we?

List of Things I Remember

You hunt variety elements of armor & weapon and card for pvp and pve

this is one of the end game of RO to do lists

remember in pvp

• if you 1v1 a assassin most of the time they use skill the called
    enchant poison a elemental property to increase the damage to demi human ( player ) you either equip ( poison armor property or a card that makes you undead property so you can reduce dmg or negate the dmg

• if you are playing assassin and you encounter armor swapper player , you need to bring some very very strong fire weapon ( a poor man weapon but effective ) or fire element card

• if youre playing a priest and it happens youre enemy is stupid enough because he is cheap and wearing undead armor to counter anti frozen or some sort of enemy you can heal him to death

in PVE -
i hate ghost type that time when you are new and playing melee class like swordsman you really cant hit ghost type monster need to bring elemental weapon

one of the unique gameplay mechanics of RO is pokemon style which applies in PVP / PVE and you hunt variety set of collection of weapon in different situation to use them or utilize

Item Valuability or Rareness

anyone remember the ghostring card & gtb card aka MVP card
you either hunt it 1 or 2 or 3 months or even a year or never if youre super unlucky person

3 out of 100 player has this card

what im saying is that cards in tree of savior is easy to get
and it feels the card are not valuable

lets say you get hack or accidently dispose items in RO
with these mvp you will instant rage quit or be piss off

while in tree of savior it feels nothing they are abundant in supplies

card effect Tree of savior is bland and needs a rework
most of the card do this

either
increase dmg / decrease dmg / duration by using item x and y
why do we need to use item . . . in order the card to activate
seriously?

anyway lets talk about buisness!

Ways of Profiting in Ragnarok Online in LEGIT way

no afk farmer / afk character vending ( auto buffing ) NO TAX

1. warp service + buff ( acolyte doing manual warp services asking for payment around 1k zenny he / she buff you before he / she makes a warp portal to your designated area ) my current memo are lower Glassheim and clocktower

2. Buying Cheap item and Resell them in Higher Price ( trading )
    remember in Ragnarok where some people creating pub chat room for
    buying stuff and doing some negotiations prices? like buying Elunium from a rush player who is in need like 40k but the real price is around 50-70k then after that resell with higher price using the vend skill of merchant near the blacksmith ! and you make some Profit with youre hardwork

in tree of savior everything is automated ( global market , automatic buffing vend , warp in map places )

thats why the the town feels so dead there is literally no interaction you

some people mostly return to town either they repair / overload / buy pots / just fetch the quest and warp . thats it !

3 . Boosting Service : when you reach level 99 you can do a boost service
most applicable or effective class is priest for this type of service

its either Per Hr basis or Per Level depending on negotiation and i remember there is type of negotiation that loots will be mine or be shared

in tree of savior there is non doing this because
first doing quest is much faster & level cap ( seriously level 330+ ) players are all around the map grinding quest soloing until they hit specific level to grind with party

second trade restriction ( how do you pay him after you boost him if you cant trade silvers )

There is a Variation of Grinding Zone by Specific Class Not Linear Path

in order to level up fast some class are suitable in some maps
ex.

• Swordsman / Knight = a str vit build suitable in byalan island / Clocktower( orc ) … mostly soloist and when in party his role is tank or provoker

ex. use skill provoke compress all mobs then a wizard will do the cleanup

• Archer / hunter = a Dex / Agi Build grind mostly in Morroc ( pyramid ) and after that glassheim to reach lvl 99

• Cleric / Priest = struggles at beginning but later on most People look for him
    can grind anywhere with partner can also do solo in glassheim but can do faster leveling with partner with wizard or hunter class

• Mage / Wizard = Clocktower , squishy class need a priest for suffragium ( enables fast casting like quick cast )

haha i remember the old days i gave up in clocktower because wizard is too much to baby compare to glassheim with hunter agile

and the 1 percent reduction death penalty is punishing in RO
some wizard blame me when they die because while they are to blame aggro too much mobs

• Merchant / blacksmith the most hardest class to level up
    no idea where to grind this â– â– â– â–  !

PVP is real playground in Ragnarok Online

• No PVP time restriction in RO you can play anytime even 24 hrs non stop you just pay entrance fee and go to PVP room anytime you like

• raid the pvp room AKA ( kill all on sight )
    with youre specific party member ( especially with friends & guild mate )

it can be annoying for some soloists in pvp so you need to make friends :))

also remember with proper party composition & coordination like 5 man
you can literally beat vs 10man pub party in RO

and beating them while being outnumbered is fun !
feels like the movie ( 300 )

in tree of savior we get a scheduled 5v5 small arena competive / tournament type match

you are basically restricted choosing youre team member and get a random linup team which causes imblance in pvp

Job Ranking or Class Rank in RO has Linear path but Has diversity of Builds

you get many set of skill as you rank up or change job
AOE /flashy skill / Killer Skill / WOW skill / annoying skill !

lets pretend the Job Class of RAGNAROK is TOS Class

C1 ( Mage ) : most of your high dmg comes from single target spell ( fire bolt , Soul Strike , Ice bolt )

C2 ( Wizard ) : you get new variety of skill
nuke skill + crowd control skill

C3 ( High Wizard ) : Upgraded skill dmg of previous skill + new skills

in tos you get 1 - 2 new skill each rank worst is only 1 skill
one example of bad class is Pyro 3
( you get a flamethrower when you reach Class 3

now the question is where is the variety of selection of skill build ?
well there is nothing because you only get 1 skill which is Flamethrower

why not 5 or even more skill on each Class C2 or C3? so it feel more rewarding or powerful

to give you more example what im saying about class skill diversity build
in RO when you play Assassin Cross lets say its the equivalent of Class 3 in TOS but with variety of skills

you can either play Sonic Blow ( Melee ) or Soul Destroyer ( range type )

now in Tree of Savior ,
when you reach C3 of pyro what you only get is get a flamethrower
and upgrade the skill of previous rank 1 & 2

I feel like the meteor skill of elementalists should be skill C3 of PYRO while the frost cloud is the C3 of Cryomancer

we need more skill set in Class 3

POWER LEVELING is Good in RO

No Exp Penalty Killing Higher level Mobs or no Increase Damage Multiply when you are underlevel

you killed a higher monster level ofcourse you deserve a large amount of exp or a reward

the power levelling is one my favorites in RO

one example is my low level acolyte can literally go to glassheim and do some leeching or kill steal ofcourse there is a risk of going in high level maps you get 1 hit ko so you need to play safe or call a friend

for now i havent seen modern mmo captured the nostalgia of Ragnarok , mostly modern mmo nowadays is quest fetching in order to level which really kills the party system on early game

i hope you get my point
editting - more incomming

19 Likes

Incoming flag in 3…2…1…

1 Like

my first thread in general discussion :<

1 Like

You must be a private server player.

Because people who played the official knows that the game is unbalanced, very p2w inducing and has a gigantic zenny inflation.

12 Likes

maybe you played the renewal patch
where there is a micro transaction implemented
have you played the old RO

1 Like

Micro transactions were added past transcendence patch.

Of course, you may like whatever game you want and Ragnarok is a very good old-school game, I won’t deny that.

But I’d rather considering Ragnarok what it is currently instead of what it was before. Games need to evolve, and ragnarok evolved in a bad way.

oh okay my bad then have you played
the old RO , no microtranction you just pay monthly basis?

1 Like

Yes, I even played back when it was in open beta, when there was no subscription. It was a magical world. A game that I went in blindfolded without knowing any of the mechanics, it was worth it getting 20 int on my swordsman lol.

8 Likes

I was told LUK affected my drop rates. So I had a lot of LUK in my Wizard.

Lord of Vermilliiiiiiiiiiiooooon~

9 Likes

i remember collecting piece of dust / powder from certain monster the higher you got from inventory higher chances of refining .

lol

1 Like

Even in private servers RO beats TOS…

Because nobody bothers to make emulator for TOS.

6 Likes

who care about ragnarok

tos is just a shitty version of ge

2 Likes

I had a knight with balanced stats and felt baller that i advanced to knight and had a peco lol

Geffen grind was fun as hell.

3 Likes

4 Likes

This is a fact… :+1:

But Ragnarok =/= ToS

ToS is base on Lithuanian mythology
Ragnarok is base on Norse mythology

It may say that ToS is the spiritual successor of Ragnarok(imo)
but its not Ragnarok…
so you cant change ToS into Ragnarok they are two separate games

So let just play and have fun in ToS…
even thou this game has major problems :joy:
its still fun…

I play Ragnarok when it was release internationally… it was a fun exprience

5 Likes

appearance & art style is really deceiving :slight_smile:

TOS is not RO
i agree on that

i finally realized it when played the game & experience it
i just wish some gameplay mechanic is borrowed from older mmo

1 Like

Klaipeda is Geffen. Need gunslinger class.

1 Like

I dunno man, the gates at the northern end of Klaipeda and the outlets to the left and right of the “city” center suggests it more closely resembles Prontera, if anything.

4 Likes

For me it’s the stairs and the cats, the shape of the map. Still call it pront.

1 Like

geffen has dungeon i recall at middle :open_mouth:

klaipeda reassembles small version prontera hahaha

2 Likes