Tree of Savior Forum

No To Any IP Block

Lets Make it Simple

International Server’s Are The Best,… You Will learn so much :grin:

28 Likes

Nokia <3 Never Forget :grin:

6 Likes

I can’t help but feel that whole post is sarcastic because of that 9gag watermark…

but yeah meeting people from all over the world is gucci :+1:

If only life worked that way :cry:
Sadly, licensing agreements, and profits block the way.

China and Korea will not be able to play the international version.

Japan may also be blocked because it has Nexon JP as a publisher, and Indonesia may be blocked because of Gemscool, you can only hope for the best :pray:

1 Like

I agree with you, its not that possible ( I see they dont quote the emoticons -.-)

yeah i saw it too >_> also the whole reddit feeling about 9gag, I understand it.

Yes, and please do place more servers around the world, from the video it seems that lag and ping can easily spoil the game for us (well lags spoil almost every game anyway). With such a huge hype on it, the server stress might be very high too

so nobody from japan will play this if its blocked there? @_@"

meh… make ToS free for all then everybody’s happy =D

Of course, survival AND freedom for those who have neither, like china or nordkorea.

But we also have to put in to consider that Korea, Japan, and China were blocked not merely because of license agreement but also (might’ve been) because of Language Barrier, which is bad for the community. Because it actually somehow makes sense for them to be blocked from the rest of the world.

If I recalled back then in the early era of FF XI, my fellow Indonesian gamers are struggling because the system is so party dependant, yet they barely able to find english speaking parties on our prime time, mostly non english speaking Japanese, thus had to bear searching party somewhere in the middle of the night or early in the morning when the english speaking parties from well, the rest of the world were mostly online.

Although indeed this may or may not the case.

2 Likes

I agree on blocking those Country just because of Language barrier, it just grind my gears if you are going to play International Games and you can’t even Speak English, (and don’t give me crap about not everyone can speak english, Because i only learned speaking English from Playing)

I don’t mind people using their own language, but i hate people who can’t even communicate in international level when its international server

While it’s true that the above countries were blocked (and may be blocked), language barrier isn’t entirely a reason.

English is the first language to come out for the International version of ToS. But there will be more language packs in the future (Portuguese, Italian, etc etc), and users will be able to switch languages. It’ll be plenty international! :sunny:

I meant communication player by player,… it just grind my gears when i see people talking to you randomly in their native language expecting its Local Server,

1 Like

Time sensitive or PVP centered games don’t shine in these games. Its not fun trying to play 200 ms behind the servers. ToS is no exception.

Though people generally accept that English is the default language of global servers, Chinese and Korean players don’t tend to know enough of it to be able to join in on the rest of the community. They might as well be on a different server since they can barely interact socially with most of the other players.

1 Like

Long time ago, I used to play all MMO in local. Until 1 day I found a bridge called english and it lead to a bigger world.
I’m not going back now.

5 Likes

This. It’s really a problem that I remember well from the RO1 days on private servers, official ones were much better. But I couldn’t afford to always play on the official one being 15 and all…

Now I play Dota 2 and FFXIV and I can tell you in Dota 2 Russians are a huge language hurdle to overcome. And I’m Slavic and can sort of read Serbian cyrilic slow, now I got used to Russian Cyrillic but I still don’t speak it and very few of them speak English beyond basic. It’s a team player game. Sometimes it really makes you rage.
Same with FFXIV where you have french people flat out not speaking English. I speak German but I imagine a lot of other people have a problem with Germans.

Spain, Russia, Poland, France, Brazil
All of them have some problems with english. It can make a problem in game like CS or any other MOBA but not in game like this.

People don’t really have to understand English very well in order to play in international server IMO.They can just play with their local friends, using their native language (as long as they don’t spam it in global chat).
If they are forced to communicate with people from different region in some situations (like buying equipments or sell items), they can simply talk by using dictionaries or translators as long as it’s understandable. I’m sure they will also avoid to get into some random party because they don’t want to be a burden because of their lack of English skills. The reason why they want to play in the international in the first place are because they want to have a “peace life”, interact with good community, good developer & publisher.

5 Likes

Nowaday, we learn English at school, you know.
Maybe they don’t speak english because they don’t feel like it.

2 Likes

yeah we learn it as it is the international language, also i understand that people like to speak their language, in euRO the people were so much filled of german that you actually thought it was a german server and not european. also on the street its the same with foreigners.

1 Like

Steam Version Server would be nice if there’s NO IP BLOCK. more people to play with and be friends with other countries! STOP WAR lol