Tree of Savior Forum

No one need you if you are not a Peltasta

There should be so called melee dps. Not jus tank only. R u expecting a shinobi to be like a tank? Lol at least to me shinobi is no way to looks like a tank to me. But I know there are people forced to take peltasta to able to get in party

FF11 shinobi/ninja tanks.

Giving healers major stress for a decade.

Lol shinobi to use shield n using block and holding boss? Sounds so weird… Haha

What drugs are you on? Physical dps is worthless if you always block it.

Yes, they are mad because they choose to be DPS over tank, but archers and wizards deal way more damage than them. Furthermore, because they trade peltasta’s swashbuckling for highlander’s not-so-significant-at-late-game-damage, they have no other way to actively taunt mobs and bosses except from swordsman’s provoke attribute, making those non-tank swordsman useless

eh. not if they have full CON, shield users and full spirit priests on their team.

Which is why they’re mad. It’s like there’s some sort of unwritten rule that every swordsman have to be peltasta or else they’re useless in parties.

I can’t speak for every swordsman here but for me it’s like this. Swordsman tree have tank, support and damage based classes. And as a guy who throwed out all tank classes from my builds (have 4 swordsman characters 183, 133, 80 and 67). I can say that I probably have less damage than archers and wizards archetypes (compared to same gear class like top red 170 wep). By the way Im using actual builds. In other words Im trying to make mdd from swordsman and I cant. Even if Im hoplite-c3-dopel-dragoon with full str build like FULL STR. Thats the sad fact. And I just want some damage scales for at least one or two classes cos I have all dd swordsman classes on different characters and Idc if it will be dragoon, dopel or idk… highlander?

For now Im just soloing all that I can and using auto queue. And feel pretty fine. But I see that for further content I will need guild or constant party. But even if people will invite me (sounds crazy, yea) I will feel useless. Thats the point.

Any high level player knows that the only viable PVE DPS bulid for swordsman right now is this:
Swordsman > Peltasta > Hoplite c3 > Doppel > Dragoon
Stats: Full STR (or close to full STR)
Hoplte c3 gives 150 crit rate which allows you to pour all your stats in STR and the higher you pour stats in STR the more “extra” STR you get out of it.
Doppel builds can’t compete with this due to no Finestra. Yes, Finestra is THAT good. Unless you’re super rich and can afford like multiple lv 10 green gems, then that’s another story.

Useless

because what make other class can scale better than Swordman is not the Numbers listed on skills description
but due to the Status point distribution, If you take usual Dex swordman build, at lv 200 they will likely have 100 STR or so, while Wizard can easily have 300 or 400 INT stacked which equivalent to greater damage.

IMO, wizard also have bad skill scalling. but they can provide excelent utilities and applied debuff to make up for it or they also can Distribute stats more efficiently toward damage or survivability (stacking int or con) and still give some utilities like link, Freze, quicken, haste, CC and stuff

While swordman, provide little to useless effect on their attack.

Archer is is also dont provide any meaningfull debuff aside from spesific classes, but their shorter cd skill and better stats distribution would normaly outclass swordman.

btw I have seen, Full STR dragoon build do just fine.
mostly only Dex (typical solo build) were having hard time

But any other class with full CON can’t even come close to this amount of HP. It’s really hard to kill these type of full CON swordsman especially when heal is percentage based.

You can focus your fire/support spell on him and your inner line, or choose to ignore him and have your dps/support getting picked off.

I’d like to see your items for such high mitigations. with lvl 220 or less gears.

1 Like

not it because full con wizards can do more dmg than swords that are dps statted

it’s not just the hp but the effects that comes with con like extra block rate and high crit resist.

I’m on a new character now… a Priest, with full plate armor and buffs and its taking 1 dmg off monsters too!

Uh, good for you? without ony solid evidence with gears/character level/mob level, youre irrelevant, quite easy to assume youre a troll.

idk if you’re blind or stuck on stupid, if you haven’t scrolled up and seen about 15 ~ 20 diff screenshots of my char with full gears and stats along with two youtube videos

@Dr4gon

Just a pretty famous player on a really obscure game.

Nope im the the kind of person who seeks through players profiles/whatever, neither am i going to read through 230+ posts in this thread

If you took offense to my reply, (given how you replied to me) thats kind of asked for, seeing how you like to brag about what you can achieve.

If at least they could bring iTOS to the same version of kTOS, some barbarians and rodeleros could be happier with the buffs…