Tree of Savior Forum

NO Job reset PLEASE!

I think this thread was made because there’s serious attitude problems on those threads and having different opinions or views on them are faced with pretty discouraging replies. So this thread was created with the opposite view being the “default” and roles of defenders and prosecutors are being reversed.

Last time I checked, those threads were full of whiny kids wanting everything being easy and no chances of doing mistakes in the game. (I mean this was their main motivator/reason behind wanting it, and the excuse/facade was possible class balancing ruining their build, instead of just balancing it.) It was rather discouraging to comment on them even if you thought many of the points were silly and you could easily give some good arguments for your “defense”. But why bother commenting on them when the attitude was like it was (I stopped following them so I don’t know if anyone bothered to give proper counter arguments for you)? These resets will very likely never happen so there’s not much of a point of wasting time trying to convince few kids and doomsday bringers.

It means this thread is just as pointless but it might encourage different tone in the conversation and bring out better arguments, now that the other side has come up with a solution/consensus you think is good(?).

2 Likes

1 vote to NO RESET class.
Or if so, make it a $200 (2000 TP) for the reset potion.

I’m sorry, but I would also vote against this class reset item.

+1, no class resets please.

Edit I will say that I do like the idea of being able to reset a character back to the beginning of the game though. Possibly with some benefits.

Thank you. My point exactly

1 Like

I’m in between, don’t want the game to be too easy or too hardcore. Make a potion that resets your skill tree back to square one so you have to retrain from rank 1 onwards while keeping your character level as it was.

One day I almost beat Super Mario Bros.
But I did some mistakes and was killed.
There was a reset after that, but not the one that people ask nowadays.

5 Likes

If I HAD to make a Job Reset system, I’d restrict it upto a certain Rank but make it available for everyone by resetting with Silver. Maybe upto Rank 3 or 4 you’d be able to reset your character’s class and retain your class level. That way, seeing as how most people who complain about classes earlier on rather than later, they’d be satisfied and once you pass that gateway, there’s no turning back or takebacks from here on in.

The game really doesn’t need it though. And I do chuckle when I see “IF IMC DOESN’T ADD IT IN THE GAME WILL DIE!!”

Wildstar died in a few months and now is completely abandoned.

They even had their entire database hacked and the publisher now has blade and soul that is bleeding people just cause the devs dont wanna bother with fixing bots and hackers to the point where entire areas of people are getting wiped by groups of hackers who fly with god mode and some rocket launcher lmao.

Gotta love company’s that don’t learn their lesson and dont listen to the community.

Its a disappointing fact but people just wont waste their time with a game that wastes their time.

They have more fun games to play and other things to do then get screwed out of a hundred hours of time by a single mistake.

That works.

Its perfect for the casual and beginner players plus there will be a lot more ranks then there are now when the game fully updates to ktos

I would make it clear that at like rank 4 that there future ranks can not be changed at all with like red text to make sure they see it though.

The only time I could agree to when class resets should be available is every time a new rank is available. Since the first circles are centered around to have synergy with the highest rank, without any available information it’s very easy to make a mistake.

As for things like nerfs and the like, suck it up you chose that class stick with it. If you really enjoy your class nerfs can be dismissed but picking a class because its fotm or its op only for it to get nerfed is NOT a viable reason to get a class reset.

I don’t know too much about other than wizard classes at the moment, unfortunately. But Wiz C3 and Cryo C3 would lose their earned respect (which isn’t nothing too much but still) because those classes are a bit slower to level while they are way better bases for many higher level builds than any Pyro route. So I would be still be against resets even if it was limited to those ranks.

Eh, I don’t think job reset will be available for ToS and it should stay that way. Should job reset be available then reset the lvl to 1 as well.

You re supose to enjoy the class your playing, and if you think that there’s more synergy with future classes then you will do a new build that’s all, i don’t know why you need to reset your build just to match with a new class.

Maximum reset 1 rank when it comes rank 8.

Fair enough. Which is why I said the game didn’t particularly need it as doing the research will set you further in the game, it’d still encourage (somewhat) of a better early game to just transition to something else that has a better late game, but that’s the abuse that comes with the other side. Maybe to lesser encourage it, one could add a multiplying effect as to how many times an account rerolls.

If I were to do it once, I’d probably call it like 50~100k. But to someone who keeps rerolling their characters, it’d expotentially increase every time you went through with it.

But at this point I’m honestly just taking a gander at how others felt (Which is a little hard considering most of them want the benefit for themselves rather than others.) Damnit Jim, I’m a gamer, not a forum politician!

Thank You !! :persevere:

I hope IMC never feels the need to make this game completely fool-proof.
(considering the very easy nature of the game without the character building the game would feel rather brain-dead)

2 Likes

Just like in real life if you make a mistake you should be punished for it.

1 Like

Firstly, we are not asking for a complete reset or an easy reset. Neither both options.

Secondly, no one is literally forcing you to reset. You made a mistake, you got the time and patience to restart the almost identical build, from scratch. Please do so. Those who don’t want to, will be given an option to correct their mistakes or try a different build. And I repeat, this is not a full reset nor something easy.

Lastly, future class balance, level cap+new circle.

At this point this is really turning into sadism. I don’t want others to have it…

• I got ample time and don’t care about casuals.
  • this will be a future cashshop item and I may not be able to afford it.
  • stop trying something on your own and use the current meta builds.

Would you prefer casuals leaving the game. Are you confident enough this game can sustain with just hardcore players?

5 Likes

Because by the time a new rank is introduced you would already have a fixed set-up. If by the chance you made a mistake (lack of information due to it being new) and your build does not synergize well with the new rank you cannot just re-roll to another class.

What happens to your character bounded items? Costumes and end-game items (lolopanther / virtov etc ) cannot be traded, re-rolling another class is easy, gearing it up again isn’t.

Like I said I’m against having a readily available class reset, but things like new ranks are, imo, an exception.

1 Like