Tree of Savior Forum

[NINJA COMMUNITY] Shinobi Class build, etc. (Updated as of 05/16/2016)

What u think about sw3-rodelero3-shino-murmillo? (PvP focus)

Rodelero3 is not suitable for PVP.
Rodelero1 is good enough.
Swordman3 could be good for Pain Barrier.
But donā€™t think to use clones properly in PVP like you do in PVE.
Shinobi is good for Stealth.
And Murmillo is always good in PVP.

Iā€™ve rerolled into SW3>HL3>BRB1>SHIN and Iā€™m enjoying it so far, but could I get some ideas for lvl 270 gear? I used to have a spear shinobi so I donā€™t know anything about two hand swords (especially after the balance patch), Iā€™m using Crystaras since it was cheap and STR bonus seems nice, but there are probably better options out there. Also, Is full STR really the way to go on this build? As for crits, do I get it through gear or just give it up completly for raw damage?

Been using the same build for a while and Iā€™ve tried various stat spreads and 200 total DEX (with 7 Ellaganos cards) and the rest STR is the sweet spot for me. You can unload Moulinet and Double Slash really quick and clones have nice attack speed. You get a fair amount of dodge and plenty of accuracy.

With full STR I never dodged which sucks, and my clones lost a ton of attack speed. With full DEX I was missing too often for my liking.

For gear just get the highest grade hunting ground stuff you can afford unless youā€™re prepared to invest in Practonium and Solmiki.

1 Like

Hello ninjas! Iā€™m making a Sw3>hopl2>barb>shin>murmillo. My focus is PvE and building around Str with some Con.
The skills Iā€™ll put some effort is the bufs and double slash for Swordman, Finestra, Synchro, Spear lunge and Stabbing for Hoplite, Cleave for Barb, Bushin and Kunai on Shinobi and Crista, Headbut, Evade and Frenzied on Murmillo.
Iā€™m far away to get decent gear and Ellaganos cards.
The shinobi Bushin can still copy only swordsman skills?
If not, this skills that I choose, can it copy something?

Iā€™m almost done with my first shinobi quest. Is the dash passive any good? Is this the next most mobile swordie next to cata? Iā€™m thinking of making it a mobile dps since cata has terrible damage at high levels.

+1(2?) to movespeed, stamina consumption reduction isnā€™t noticable tho.

Mobile as in gap closers? Mokuton is tricky to use and has bad delay, but its an insta-tele to the one that hit you(even ranged).
Hops has LongStride, Rods has crawl paced ShieldCharge & Slithering, and Murms has FrenzySlash.

I think youā€™d be fine as long as you can know how to re-position/get around mobs(players PvP wise) after using Katon for stealth.

Cleave vs Cyclone in a S3>H3>Shinobi> build? I have been testing both and having a hard time choose. I feel cleave is better against bosses but hard to use in general pve content because it hits 3-4 monsters at most. cyclone on the other hand is a fantastic aoe. There is also the option of going S3>H2>B1>Doppel1>Shin to get both skills but i really like vertical slash., any high lvls/experienced players here that would give some input on cleave vs cyclone in general pve gameplay, what would be more useful in ET etc.

not really gap closer since Iā€™m donā€™t play pure pvp. Iā€™m talking about fast map travel for farming just in case.

Is there any viable pelt-shinobi with good dps? For now, Iā€™m defaulting to sw2-pelt/sw3-hop3/HL3-shin-barb/dop. I just canā€™t let go of swash buckling as it makes grinding easier even if parties are no longer picky on the kind of swordies they take.

I tried racing a friend of mine, me with the attribute and him without, couldnā€™t tell the difference. We both seemed to be same speed.

EDIT:
Tested again and indeed seems to be +1 speed.

SW3-PELT-CORS3-SHINā€¦ gather mobs then pistol shot the hell out of them.

It is indeed +1 movement speed. Never felt a decrease in stamina consumption, tho.

Tried and tested thisV pre re-balance it a nice an working build.

Only annoyance is the delay when swapping to gun after SB, later change my set-up to Sw3BarbSair3Shin for more damage capacity, not as effective as Swash but JR still can lure mobs in.

I dunno how itā€™ll work out since it not my taste havenā€™t tested it, and its gonna be costly but Sw3Pelt3ShinMurm might pack what youā€™re looking for.
Tanky with Guardian, HighGuard and Cassis
Restrain for close-quarter cc
SB utility
Kunai, DoubleSlash, UmboBlow(relatively nice aoe when clone are a bit scattered imo)+Helmet with clones for bursting damage
Fast(?:sweat_smile:)

Outside Cataā€™s Trot, traveling fast is only a matter of whether you have
-Token active
-+Movespeed equipment
-Manticen card
-Shinobi run passive attribute on
-dumplings/fortune cookies buff(+3ms per stack iirc)
-good supply of stamina pills

On a side note Bunshins when active, passively drains stamina, youā€™ll be drained hard by the time its duration runs out and will need to pop a pill to keep moving, unless you go stack some Con for extra stamina or wear gear that adds some(stamina or con or both).

Well, normal character have 30 ms, normal SW sprint gives +10.

If you have token on top thatā€™s 43 speed when dashing, +1 on that is less than 2.5% increases in speed.

Itā€™d make a difference in ye olde WoW where galloping the Gadgetzan desert was a thing and the +3% crop trinket helped cut down a small amount of time, but with stamina limitation on SW youā€™d be looking at speed difference where a single efficient corner turn can remove whatever distance you get over your friend.

Iā€™d still go Shinobi just for the pose tho (also after farming/waiting for that flower, feels like a waste not to)

Hello guys,

I just made a SW3-Barb-Cors3-Shino, what skills should I max if I mostly plan on PvEing with this build.
And should I go Dex or Str?

heya guys ive been walking around with this build idea in my head for a few days now going for a dual wield rogue like character its probably not really viable but that out of question, it looks fun to me

so what i would like to ask is if you guys got any tips or ideas following this consept

any ideas which skill to get after maxing kunai and bunshin?

how useful is katon damage wise? Iā€™ve seen in this thread someone mentioning mijin is so bad :C

what is the best shinobi build atm ( PvE ) ? i was thinking of

swordsman c1>highlander c2>barbarian c1>corsair c3>shinobi

what do you guys think ?

Fellow Shinobis, this is where we shine;

At dominating Bosses! :blush:
shameless plug

2 Likes

It doesnt realy matter if u go for Mijin or Katon.

Mijin - Pros:

• Higher Dmg
  • 360Ā° around urself
  • Hitbox rather large around you
  • (IMO the best animation sequence Stylewiseā€¦ - look to Cons for the gameplay Performance, tho)

Cons:

• Higher CD
  • Cost more Ninjutsu Bombs (well not that big of a problem)
  • costs u HP, and if u dont have enough it might even kill u
  • Realy long animation time, and aftercast delayā€¦ :frowning:

Katon - Pros.

• Lower CD
  • 45Ā° in front of u, where u are aiming at
  • Larger Hitbox than Mijin, in the aimed direction. Mijin is around u
  • Cost 1 Ninjtsu Bomb less than Mijin
  • Costs no HP
  • no aftercast delay
  • fast Animation

Cons:

• Lower dmg than Mijin
  • Sometimes bugs out and shoots in a different direction than aimed (probably this is just me being unable to aim correctly :P)

Well to summerize, both skills have their Pros and Cons. I played around with Skillpoints but in the end it doesnt realy matter. UĀ“ll find urself use Katon more than Mijin in harder content, cuz the cast and the aftercast delay of Mijin is pretty annoying. But even than normaly other skills tend to deal better dmg.

My skillpoints in the end are now: 5 Kunai, 5 Bunshin, 3 Mijin, 1 Katon, 1 Mokuton

I mainly use Katon for the stealth to escape dangerous situations and for better positioning. And Mijin is mainly useed while farming HG or for 315 mats. Taunt enemies (either swash buckling, warcry or JR) when they are around u Mijin with SP Pot + Glass Mole Proc and see that sweet 150-200k crit. (I have the feeling it tends to crit a lot, but well probably i just look out fot high numbers :P)
Mokuton is also a good dmg skill with it counterstrike ability which happens to dmg a lot of enemies around the enemy which triggered the Mokuton counterstrike.

Hope that gave u little insight on the both skills u mentioned. This is my experience after playing for about 6 months as Shinobi.

2 Likes