Tree of Savior Forum

[NINJA COMMUNITY] Shinobi Class build, etc. (Updated as of 05/16/2016)

Shinobi sucks until now, regreted taking that character.

Hope shinobi become decent after rebalance any info will be good or

Rip 90% kunai att

shinobi already got a little buff on his skills; kunai now start at 12x and ends at close 150, the suicide skills ends at 9xx% and the other one a 5xx%. but is still not good enough mainly because of the drawback like the lose of 4,5k hp from the suicide skill for example;those things in the shinobi skills that make him be bad, if imc removed those things it could at least be a nice-viable rank 7 class in the new system.

@nery_ma Could you explain to me what this adds to the skill? They are attributes, damage in comparicion with the end game, or what?

they are the new damage value of the skills ; there is no more base damage only x%.
the x represents a number; because i do not remember the real value ; if it was 123 127% and so on; so i have put a x on the place.

edit: for example the new kunai start at 124% and gain +14 per level; so at level 5 is 183%

Now if we can just use the other Shinobi skills synergize together with Bunshin, Katon is still shitty even if they re-adjust the damage to %.
While Mijin with clones will use 50% of base damage(per clone), and 50% of hp cost(per clone) will recoil to the user. Doing some damage worth a suicide type skill.

And for god sake a new skill that make the Shinobis use the Chain-sickles shown on their class costume.

to start they should remove the hp lost from the skill and also the cast time for bushin; after all in tos in the only place where we can find a ninja that stay in the same place for seconds casting a clone.
this would be the start to make it viable in the long run in pvp and so on.
because as synergy alone we already have a good amount; they could of course always buff a little the synergy skills from pelta and the moulinet from highlander.
this would be enough for me; because the main problem that shinobi have in my opinion is the problems of the class itself not the synergy; the stealth is too little; we lose too much hp for one skill; and of course the cast from bushin and so on.
this the problem; at least for me. i have one and i play and from the first time iā€™m thinking of removing it because the new system simple did not delivery anything good for shinobi :frowning: ; at least nothing for my build and the one i like to play that is not with murmilo.

I personally want more synergies for clones. I canā€™t help but feel they just forced clones to copy ā€œshieldā€ skills so they could save Murmillo after rank 8 was released. Obviously thatā€™s atrocious to the shinobi theme, only in ToS would we see ninjas focusing on shield skills (wtf!).

Iā€™m still expecting Clones to work with some barb and corsair skills for instance, especially Corsairā€™s Double Weapon Assault would be awesome. That way weā€™d have proper dagger shinobis.

if we think about it; we have moulinet that current at nv 10 with clones is 4800% with clones; but yes most of them use shields; the hoplite skill is with shield as well with pelta is with shield as well;
But in the end like i said; synergy we have; many of them; and i do not agree with you about murmilo needing shinobi to save itself; the helmet buff for murmilo even without clones is already more than enough for it; shooting star and the hoplite skills goes to insane damages with it even without shinobi; the murmilo shinobi combo is good because the pelta skills gain extra charge on toy hammer that together with their strike debuffs makes the explosion do monstrous damage but a good murmilo with trans weapon + helmet buff and rodelero strike debuffs is more than enough.

Now about corsair and barb i was also waiting for it; but i do not believe we will ever see it ; even more now; since the skills from barb and corsair that have the most chance to be added on clones(cleave+dust devil) have become too powerful for it.

about dwa; i have being waiting for this rework so they could add at least a little buff to it making it similar to running shot since they have similar gameplay but still nothing. because letā€™s all agree dwa needs 25 skill points( 15 from flag so it can consume only 0,5 stamina per hit+10 from the skill itself); to start to being viable since mobs have huge hp and the stamina is not enough to keep using it ; even as filler: but still nothing :(.
in the end; right now we only see a path that allow dwa to be viable(the speed buff and so on) but in the long run it have too much problems like the stamina for example that is a HUGE thing and need to be removed without doubt.

1 Like

Good points, regarding DWA, Iā€™d also add it needs some better mechanics for linking auto attacks form main and secondary weapons. I canā€™t imagine how boring it must be to mash those buttons together at the speed needed for cap atk speedā€¦

But back to topic, shinobis do need some looking into. Itā€™s really not just a matter of skill factors rebalancing. Letā€™s hope devs donā€™t skip it. Itā€™s the least thought out hidden class as of now in my opinion, working as basically a murmillo complement and nothing much else besides thematic ā€œfor funā€ builds.

Or just change Bunshin damage from 100% copy to 15-20%(per clone) of original damage, then add all swordie class tree damage skills to the cloneable skill list.
So Shinobi can be a one circle wonder like its Miko cousin.

Limiting the copyable skills is way to sadā€¦ :cry:

yeah; shinobi main problem for me is not the synergy; we have a good amount; could have more , of course but is not the problem; let me just add a few situations outside of dwa; that it already have enough problems as well ; even being weak in damage; but the stamina consumption is just too much :(.
moving on shinobi: like i have wrote before the main problems of shinobi is on their own skills; just think for example if we had more stealth time from skills;
We could go stealth>>bushin>> and play as ninja in pvp and pve.
Or if bushin did not have cast time (because it is ridiculous having it).
we could use bushin in pvp as surprise attack fair easy as a nuke skill; so even having lower uptime-damage it would be more than enough because of the element of surprise.
if the main explosion skill did not make we lose 4,5k hp on level 5; we could as well play with her in pvp and pve; because it would be a good nuke with 9xx%; allowing for surprise attacks and so on.

Shinobi problem is from shinobi itself; many classes have problems but shinobi is the top of the list; even more when you add that it is a hidden class that is suppose to be powerful since it have only one rank and is difficulty to get it even more because if we simple remove/add everything i have wrote here like more stealth-remove the hp loss and so on; the class would still not be overpower if we look at other damage rank 7 class like dragon and so on.

Like i wrote; we play as shinobi because we like it even more if we do not make the murmilo-shield build but for me i starting to have enough with it and thinking of making my own aspd sword build without it because it does not have space for shinobi since it must have barb3+corsair2 at least because frenzy have 150-250 aspdbonus (like the quicken is today if the spoilers that i have read is not wrong).

Yeah, frenzy has that attack speed bonus as well as a 1,5% physical attack per stack now. Source (google translated ftw!)

Itā€™s a pity really, but I also think that AA build would really do better with barb 3 corsair 3 than getting a rank off corsair to fit shinobi in there, given all shinobiā€™s problems.

this is why iā€™m not gonna put shinobi in it; nor corsair 3 i think.
the only huge downside for that build is the stamina; of course dwa is weak and needs a buff in the damage aspect even more since is harder to use than running shot because we need to press the buttons where with running shot it already gain the atkspeed+damage.
maybe we could force a barb2(3) corsair2(3) shinobi in it; but i do not think is worth and this is why iā€™m not gonna use shinobi in it.
corsair 3 is nice because of the gun; but only that so iā€™m having trouble about what to do as rank 8 but iā€™m sure that there is not gonna be shinobi; and this is why iā€™m thinking of levling a new char for it because i simple love my shinobi and iā€™m not in the mood to reset it later on.
if you want to talk more about the aspd build send a pm, since here is a shinobi thread and since there is not gonna be shinobi in it; it wonā€™t be fair to post here ^^ , but iā€™m have being studying for a few days already of how to build it and i believe i have found the best solution for the build, if it will work, i do not know but at least i gonna try if i have time for it ^^.

IMO the issue with shinobi is that bunshin is the only useful skill, kunai too when used with bunshin. I mean it would be nice to have more skills to use with it, weaker skills in particular to keep their relevance in later ranks. Shorter cast time would also be nice, maybe an attribute to lower cast time, or just outright remove it as suggested above. However the main issue with shinobi is that their other skills are bad.

Mokuton
Bad skill that doesnā€™t really have any useful application outside of pvp. Even in pvp, itā€™s not a good skill. Itā€™s very buggy, sometimes causing you to go invisible (but only on your screen) and prevents certain skills to be used. This bug also carries onto the next round. Only way to fix is to use it again and hope it unbugs you or relog. Even when the skill doesnā€™t bug you, the delay after itā€™s used is too long making you too vulnerable after use. My suggestion is to remove the horrendous delay after use and let you move right away after activation. Also while mokuton is active, nullify the hit upon activation or decrease damage taken. It makes no sense for you to take damage when the point of the skill is that youā€™re replaced by a log tricking the enemy. Dying and then having a log replace you while your dying body falls from the sky makes no sense.

Katon
A very weak skill that requires consumables to even use. Right now itā€™s only useful for its utility which is an attribute that letā€™s you go invisible for 8 seconds. Even as a utility skill, it pales in comparison to scoutā€™s cloaking. My suggestion is to increase its damage, increase the invisibility duration, and/or give it a second overheat. Maybe even allow the skill to have a chance to burn the target. This skill seems really bare bones for something that requires bombs to use.

Mijin
The problem I have with this skill is that it pretty much suffers the same problem of what the other shinobi skills suffer. Its cast time is way too long, it suffers the same delay that mokuton has after activation, and its damage is far too weak for what it costs. My suggestion would be to first of all decrease the ridiculous delay after use. Secondly, allow it to be compatible with bunshin, but as a trade off, destroy all remaining clones and cause appropriate self damage. Make it a proper but optional suicide skill when paired with bunshin. Thereā€™s a very similar skill on the wizard tree, featherfootā€™s blood curse, a skill that also causes massive damage in exchange for hp. Granted, blood curse is a rank 8 skill that also has a prerequisite in that it can only be used when levitation is active. However its damage is several magnitudes higher than mijin. By allowing a similar prerequisite (bunshin active) allow mijin to obtain better damage with the use of bunshin.

2 Likes

That is a way different case being that featherfoots can actually heal themselves back up with the tools in its kit.
Now if shinobis had a skill or attribute that allowed them to heal in some form, then this would be a different story.
Examples:

• ninja pills
  • increase recovery from pots
  • meditation (chi healing)
  • waste large amounts of chakra,chi,energy,sp to heal
  • increase campfire recovery
  • shorten timer on health regen (similar to sorcs cat buff, but for hp)
  • etc

something cool like that

1 Like

yeah the very problem issue of shinobi is mokuton when enemies attack sometimes its caused to go invisible and you cant attack anymore and you cant move because you cant see your character anymore

I totally get your points. I really like the idea behind hidden classes. I can say Iā€™ve made them all work (even Rune caster, which was harder than chaplain and Miko lol), but with Shinobi I simply canā€™t really (unless itā€™s for a simple burst addition to murmillo builds, whichā€™s really bad theme-wise).

I hope shinobi gets some attention this rebalancing. #makeninjasgreat

Make red-ox tradable, problem solved.

oh its about the new path. Really thanks for the info.

Well I really HATE Bushin no Jutsu.
This is not Naruto Fan Club
If Bushin become obligatory it will be horrible for those who dont use it

The fact is the delay after explosion & mokuton Skills still SUCKS!!! That is the problemas for me

YOU NEED TO SOLVE THE DELAY PROBLEM IMC!!!