Tree of Savior Forum

[NINJA COMMUNITY] Shinobi Class build, etc. (Updated as of 05/16/2016)

another question, about the status oh shinobi should it be high dex or high str thank you

I was thinking max kunai, max mijin, 2 into mokuton and 3 into katon for a pvp barb. Are you actually able to use bunshin in pvp?

Highlander all the way!!

2 Likes

stabbing can be used with bushin correct?

kunai throw 3 each clone for a total of 15? do kunai function like normal attack like stabbing?

can people target u in stealth even when they dont see u? (like wiz energy bolt etc) Do using buff skills remove stealth?

if you can hold the enemy for a couple of seconds you could but i suggest when using bunshin in pvp your enemy must be in the state being lock or stun or else you receive a lot of damage depending on the level of your bunshn.I suggest 1skill point for mokoton and give that other point to other skills.

just a observation. kunai is OP in PVP so having at least one bunshin will give you extra dmage.

hoplite stabbing? no. clones cant copy skills except swordman skills and kunai.[quote=“fhonghwong, post:907, topic:190089”]
can people target u in stealth even when they dont see u? (like wiz energy bolt etc) Do using buff skills remove stealth?
[/quote]

using any skills or any buff will not remove your stealth even in attacking thats a good thing about the skills. but it will run off when you get hit by something and jumping and they cant target you.

yup :smiley:

WUT?? does this mean katon is somewhat not useful? but there’s stealth after u use it tho, good for pvp when ur mokuton is on cd.

im curious. how much damage does a lv1 kunai and lv1 katon deals to monsters?

@Stormwolf I am currently C3 SW, what do you think of my idea of dropping gung ho to 0 and put on some others? bash just need 3 for pvp? the rest?

Katon is only used in PVE and pre-bossing scenario. It has an attribute to cloak yourself upon cast, albeit long cooldown. Kunai is the redeeming factor of the entire Shinobi, even Swordsman’s tree when it comes to burst in exchange of 5 times squishiness.

Yeah, the only reason to get Katon is for the stealth and a bit of additional damage on your skill rotation but other than that, there’s nothing much to be had on this skill.

I’m pretty sure its not working as intended. According to the description it should stay on the floor for some time. Which is something swordsmen actually really need, and something all other classes have. Effects that stay on the ground regardless of movement.

Level 255 pvp ninja if youre around answet some questions.

how effective is kunai in pvp? how much damage does it do a wiz or cleric? how far does it reach? i assume u have to be really close to land all the projectiles for max damage?

how does it compare to cyclone?

any pvp video?

What the ? 600 silver / use ?
Most expensive mats price for entire class that using mats for skill ?
so mijin will cost 1.500 silver ?

Yes exactly
Ninjutsu bombs cost 300 silver
Katon costs 2 bombs so 600
Mijin costs 5 bombs so 1500

The stealth attribs start at around 84K silver for level 1

RIP my pockets

PvE - Full STR with enough CON.

PvP - Enough DEX to reach 700-800 Accuracy, mid CON for PvP aka 70-100, rest of your points into DEX or STR.

1 Like

You can use bunshin if you have Corsair in your tree. If you snag them with your hook close range, you have plenty of time; enough time to cast clones, then one shot them with kunai/double slash before your hook loses its hold.

I go
5 Kunai
5 Bunshin
1 Mokuton
3 Mijin (This skill is apparently extremely buggy, can have their points interchanged with Katon)
1 Katon

Im not a corsair, I’m a barb. Why is mijin buggy?

Also, explain how mechanics of shinobi work from your point of view.

Can Mokutons bind be resisted by PD’s bloodletting?

I haven’t grabbed Mijin yet, but from my other Shinobi friends I’ve heard that Mijin sometimes doesn’t go off, but still consumes bombs. Also heard that you get frozen for a long time after cast sometimes. Not to mention, the cast time is meh.

For my build, I use

Kunai

• to poke at the enemy if they are melee and running away from me.
  • with my 5 bunshin after securing them with Corsair hook for burst.

Bunshin

• only used when enemy is secured with long CC.

Mokuton

• this skill is kind of buggy. Sometimes the enemy sprite disappears on your screen after your skill goes off, but they can still hit you. Seems to happen most when I get hit by a Cataphract’s rush skill.
  • after the enemy hits you with a spell when this is active, you take the damage (cc) still, but you are replaced with the log, and after a brief delay, you land wherever the enemy was when he first struck you, immobilizing him for a while depending on your attribute level. This means that most QS3’s will walk right out, and they won’t be immobilized. If I manage to get the snare off, I just walk up and Corsair hook and combo.

Katon - mainly used for stealth, and surprising the enemy.

Mijin - haven’t really used it yet. Presuming to use it at the end of a combo, entering stealth to run away.

No plague doctors have been hit by my Mokuton, so I can’t say for sure yet.

Anyone ever thought of sneaking in fencer between pirate and ninja?

Thinking it could utilize fencer’s iframes with the reduction of evasion from bunshin. And Fencer can increase damage of sw3’s double slash, maybe not as bursty as hop route but it should do.

Any chance you can test mokuton for me?