Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

Siete, the people’s voice of the newcomer. I really hope newcomers listen to people with actual experience instead of some blow-hard who quit the game.

1 Like

Did I ever affirm I’m new? When re:build came out I started from fresh 0.

If only there was some of that actual experience around here, there are only trolls or mentally handicapped people telling newcomers they’ll have to sit in a bonfire after using 3 skills until the get to level 3XX, get SP regen specific gear and/or make an alt to craft potions.

1 Like

That is sound advice. See when there are problems, most people want solutions instead of whining.

Explain why it is trash, offer counter solutions, or gtfo.

Also nice personal attacks, thanks for proving you are a troll, troll.

After calling me a doomsayer, troll, telling me to “Git gud” from the very beggining, YOU are using the personal attacks card? Lmao.

Why it is trash:

1. You have to get to literal endgame to get over the SP issues forcing people to idle more than playing
  2. You have to get specific gear too
  3. You also have to make another character and farm for that character to get through the issue

How do you think someone new to the game, or even not new, would react at the “solution” of having to spend the whole time leveling being idle more than enjoying the game until they get to endgame, get specific gear and make an alt to make the character be able to sustain itself?

All that just to make the character WORK and be playable instead of sitting at a bonfire for minutes.

Make a new account, get everything you posted done and spend absolutely no cash and THEN call your bullshit a solution. Let’s see how you like it.

Make SP costs scale equally through all levels, as % of max SP instead of fixed numbers.

arguing%20over%20bullshit

The guy’s complaining about Sage’s SP costs at effing lvl 4x for 9 days already and refuses any suggestions you guys give. Just ignore him and move on, it’s a lost cause.
/shrug

The only suggestion given was get to max level, get specific SP regen gear and make alts to make potions.
Irrational.

It’s trash because this system goes on the opposite direction of all successfull MMO on the last decade.
Playing a game should be playing. Sitting next to a bonfire isn’t playing: it’s waiting for a bonfire to solve this mess of a new SP usage.

For sure you can work around it, but it takes too much investment to do it.
Clearly, I can create a Squire, an Alche and invest time to farm Uosis and SP regen items, but it’s not normal to make investment to be able to use a character.

Unfortunately, this system is punishing. Re: Build in general is already punishing to new players, with legendary weapons beings way too strong compared to the rest, but adding the SP usage makes it worse. If you’re at end game, with a t10 Velco weapon or similar you won’t suffer from this issue too much, but without such a weapon or resources the game become tiring and boring.

6 Likes

Telling someone to get better at a video game is very different than wishing someone’s house catches fire. I hope you can appreciate the difference.

1. No, you dont. There are potions available right from the start of the game, there is SP recovery and SP rolls potentially on ALL GEAR, you can join a group, you can use a bonfire if needed. You can do quests as the game intends.
  2. You dont have to do this, it is an option.
  3. You can make an alchemist you dont have to, it is very very very easy. Try it.

The same way all the players of WoW did when they had to kill one mob with their entire mana bar and then sit down to drink. Either adapt, or leave.

%s would be fine, I would be OK with this, but it is unnecessary. There are plenty of ways to regen SP within the confines of the game, and if you choose to ignore them, that is on you not the game.

Funny, I played WoW back then and it was a 10 seconds sitting, not 1 minute + and it is a very different game.

None which are friendly for newcomers, or known, or explained.
Even SP pots from NPCs are very high cost.

Very expensive at the start of the game, to the point they’re unobtainable. Monsters drop 3-4 silver up to level 50, each potion is over 200 silver and it doesn’t give back the full SP bar.

Yeah, they give like 10-20 SP or 1-3 SP regen every 10 seconds at low level against 50+ per use skills.

Again, creating another character to be able to use the one you want isn’t and should never be a solution.

10 seconds per mob, adds up pretty fast. People in WoW joined parties or did quests instead, sound familiar?

Comparisons to other games that are different is fine. It’s called critical thinking. Lets compare to RO too, where sitting and regenning SP was common. Welcome to the spiritual sequel.

All of these problems stem from solo play and a refusal to just run quests as the game intends. They don’t exist in party play or from running quests, where your SP regen won’t even matter because you level up so frequently it restores your SP bar every time.

If you want to be a lone wolf and suffer, then be my guest.

This is demonstrably false, WoW is the best example. Resource management is a part of every good MMO. Learning to deal with it makes you a better player.

Hey! I resemble that remark! /Tired

2 Likes

No, mate, try to play WoW now.
Before starting ToS I was playing Legion and during my hiatus from ToS I played FF XIV a little bit. In both game you don’t have mana issue aside from 2 cases: being healer during a raid/dgn or being an Arcane mage (Black mage). On the first case I can agree with you, you need to get better at managing resources, on the second one those classes are built that way (and have in-class solution to the issue).

in WoW I can use my warrior to literally butcher mobs non stop. In ToS I tried to farm Barryn87 with a T8 velco 2h mace and I still need to sit down and recover or chug pots.

Sorry, he means actual WoW, not the casual facebook baby game WoW became. :stuck_out_tongue:

relax

1 Like
  1. It wasn’t even 10 seconds per mob, maybe ever 2 or 3 depending on how difficult they were, still the food regen was fast and highly cheaper than ToS potions, way cheaper.
  2. WoW wasn’t dead.
  3. MP regen isn’t even a thing in WoW anymore because it’s an outdated mechanic.
  4. WoW quests are highly different and actually rewarding unlike ToS ones which also force you to do the questline from the very beggining tutorial of the game or have no quest on the rest of the maps.

It was still way faster than ToS and once again, game not as dead.

Then it’s the game’s fault for being dead?

This game quest system is terrible. If you don’t do the initial West/Klaip/East/Mine questline you’re pretty much locked of the rest of the quests until level 120+

Click channel list, Ch1 1/100, Ch2 0/100
Uh yeah, just gimme a sec I’ll party with myself right away!

You clearly haven’t played WoW in a long long while, at least 6 years.

Healers in raid also have regen mechanics, Arcane Mage has regen mechanics too and never runs out of mana(It’s a class which works around weaving max consumption/regen phase, just like Black Mage.)
None of them have to sit idle constantly

Yeah as mentioned I am not talking about casual babby WoW that exists after the game has been around for 15 years and introduces so many Quality of Life benefits that it is the equivalent of a facebook game.

I am fine with a game having resource management and driving away players who can’t deal with it. They can go play MS2.

Regenning in RO took waaay longer than in ToS. Don’t see how anyone could have that bad of a selective memory.

Just like ToS timegates playtime activity through SP like Facebook games?

I could level a character from 1 - 390 without the help of my mains in any way, record the whole thing, and you still would be complaining about SP.

I may do that, minus the recording since it would be a waste of hard drive space.

Holy f, I farmed 200 sp pots in no more than 10 mins with my 0 gear butt naked archer. And you guys still crying over this?

2 Likes

but thats not FUN man, I want the game to hold my hand and guide me through content without thinking