Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

I just gave up trying to stack Sp regen and made an alchemist. 20-25mins farming with a linker-thaum-SR gave me 170 uosis, which is 850 potions. Good enough for me, now I dont feel bad by spamming sp pots all the time

Just wanted to drop my vote for the new SP drain. I like it. :haha:

• You now gotta be more conscious what you’re using and when. No more mindless spam.
  • Previously, most builds were mostly skill-based with a few effective auto-attack builds. Either way, it was either one or the other. Now your builds need to balance between skills and auto-attacks.
  • There is now a potential for a whole new support role in party: SP restoration. Squire, Alchemist, Oracle and Dievdirby are already offering it. Possibly we get more classes to help out in the future.
  • More reasons to party up instead of doing everything solo - party is more SP-efficient and possibly faster even when you could manage on your own just fine.
  • I guess this SP drain is one way to still let players feel powerful without turning parties into mob-armageddons as before.
  • Occasional breaks with campfire chit-chat. I like those.

There are just two things I don’t like about this change:

• It is troublesome in case of wizards. SP drain hurts their skill-use and it doesn’t feel right for wizards to rely on auto-attacks much.
  • Even more SP potion spam than before.
4 Likes

A couple more of pros and cons

Pros:

• Makes SP cards more relevant too

Cons:

• More Bots farming Uosis on the same place now that the trees on Goddess ancient garden doen’t give them.

• It’s making farming uosis a longer chore than it was before hence less time to really play on a limited schedule.

1 Like

My problem with SP consumption is basically buffs and support skills. Why they cost so much? I don’t mind using tons of SP to deal damage and kill mobs, but it is super annoying spending tons of SP on skills to lure mobs, debuff them or using a buff that is not extremely necessary (like haste, ice shield, fire enchant, lethargy, etc.). These buffs and debuffs are a “plus” on my characters, not a necessity and i end up not using them because the cost is too high. This limits anyone’s rotation unless you are willing to spend all your money in SP pots.

Being smart with your skill options, using them only when necessary, etc. just means RIP ice shield, enchant fire, daino (in pve at least), Sterea Troph… this list is really long. A lot skills there are not THAT good to justify high SP cost.

Huh? But the trees still drop Uosis, I was farming them just yesterday. Where do people farm their Uosis instead?

Rasvoy Lake 50%drop chance
can farm 400 uosis(2000 pots + 2 hour craft time) with thauma linker in 40 minutes

potential to be bot infested and crowded due to sp pot addiction though

Oh, I see! Thanks for the heads-up.

Think I will stick to Goddess’ Ancient Garden then, I don’t have a Wizard up there in that level range to comfortably kill monsters and Garden is mostly empty, even if it’s less efficient to farm there : /

Welp, before I only had to deal with bots in demon prison 2 and that was for gems and silver (something we have other avenues for now). Now I’m forced to deal with bots directly for pots farming?

3 Likes

But so far you’re the biggest troll here, trying to justificate a broken system with very specific gearing only available at max level, disregarding 359 levels of issues, and adding as a strawberry on top that we should make alts to make potions for our main so that they become playable at max level with all the specific gear you mentioned before, and insulting / calling noobs / get good at anyone who is aware that the mechanic is broken and points it out instead of doing what you are trying to impose.
You’re the worst kind of player a game can have.

Whales also pay for flag bots I see.

Oh, hold up, nevermind https://steamcharts.com/app/372000
We already lost 1.5k players since Re:Build came out.
How’s that SP drain working for you now?
I guess you don’t care.

24-hour peak is not that far off from where we were the day Rebuild landed.

You can’t just be a braindead idiot anymore while leveling, which is good, because it will prevent you from being a braindead idiot at end-game like most people for the last year.

The SP drain is rough on one class, and you can work around it 100% of the time. Every other class is perfectly fine, and crying wolf about non-issues is almost certainly far more damaging to the game than someone who is perfectly fine with a change that changes the game even slightly to be more challenging.

Mechanic isn’t broken. Get good. End of story.

3 Likes

It’s okay, casting Micro Dimension 3 times incurs a 1 minute sitting next to a bonfire and it’s totally not broken. Touché.
Playerbase will decide it anyways, and so far it’s going down and will soon be back to 2k “Players”.

It’s working great, I am unaffected and the whining masses who will never be decent at the game are leaving.

I have 7300 SP with no gear on, on my sage. Micro dimension costs 129 SP per cast. You are bad at math. Stop posting.

It’s not, 1k less players in one week disagree with you.
Also, you’re not decent at the game and you’re far from being good because you can’t even tell between a power using drawback and a broken mechanic.

What are you talking about? Feel free to educate me, that or keep trolling.

Level 4X Sage M.Dimension is 46 SP per cast on a 370 SP pool.
Just because it’s somewhat okay at higher levels it doesn’t mean it’s working correctly at all levels.

Good thing you are level 4X for all of exactly 10 minutes.

1 Like

Too bad this is the case up to level 2XX and, hold on, are you saying all those newcomers stay at level 4X for 10 minutes as well?

Once again, you’re arguing that the SP drain system is working correctly using your veteran, high level standards and ignoring the rest of the game’s experience and the experience of newcomers.

You don’t speak for newcomers, Mr. account from 2015. Just because you’re a literal nobody doesn’t mean you can act like you’re new.