Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

And you should start comprehending what people are actually saying and suggesting rather than keep parroting and repeating the same things.

1. Group A complains about sp issues
  2. Group B suggest ways or avenues to work with the system.
  3. Group A doesn’t like suggestions and complains about sp issues.

This is basically how the thread has been going.

I’m thinking you just want to argue.

And yeah let’s look in a few months and see if droves and droves of people are leaving because sp issues. This game has so many other actual issues than this “sp issue”. People will leave for the awful lag and net coding, and class balancing before this “sp issue”. But yeah, keep thinking it’s such a problem that people leave for.

And I only said, several times already, that it depends on classes and gear.

You ignore what I said and keep repeating

something I never said.

Spend more time reading, less pressing “reply”.

I’m not referring to SP issues, but to re:build (being bad) as a whole (something I already said, but you obviously missed).

edit:

To be fair, I also said that most of the suggestions are tedious or even toxic (in the case of bonfire, if any player decides to start using it in group content) and I still think they are.

There’s only one video and it proves absolutely nothing but running out of SP despite leveling every 5 monster kills.

If only you were one of those, the only direction you point players is away from the game.

https://steamcharts.com/app/372000

Boooy look at this loss! 1.8-2k less players in two weeks!

Which would be part of this supposed group B? So far there were only trolls going as far as telling people to create ANOTHER CHARACTER TO MAKE THE ONE YOU WANT TO USE PLAYABLE. Any new player reading that would leave immediatly and they DID leave in droves.

At this point you should simply give up, these guys will stand on their bullshit even if they’re the last 3 players left in the game and would go as far to say “We’re the only ones who got good and learned to play instead of whining”.

Please note that most of the people “complaining” about SP aren’t having SP problems themselves. We’re here arguing because we notice it’s a problem that could grow bigger if IMC rolls out similar patches.

I hate doomposting, but on a final note I’m seeing a disturbing trend for one of the things I feel killed [popular other game people compare this game too]'s official server. People are becoming overgeared and basing their opinions of what game difficulty should be based on that, while avenues for silver making for newbies are getting harder. Newbies can join geared parties while undergeared, but what happens when they start getting kicked out for it? When geared players become so geared most just solo the content?

2 Likes

Remiri

Remiri’s dream

1 Like

Ok just chill with the petty childish remarks it isn’t helping your argument at all. It’s in fact making you look like the toxic troll you claimed not to be.

There’s nothing to be taken seriously in this thread anymore tbh, a serious mention of an important mechanic of the game being broken was taken into a shitfest.

As the guy who started the thread after playing for 5 min at re: build launch I support Siete’s above statement =).

This thread has gone off the rails quite a bit but I understand people’s feelings.

I think people mistake tedious with challenging though, as others have mentioned throughout this topic. I can absolutely do Saalus, I even still solo Saalus when I get on late and no-ones on, I can still play while chugging SP pots etc.

The difference is its just very, very annoying, please stop telling me and others to “gitgud”. The game has roughly what, like 1.5, maybe 2k players? Its a very small, casual, solo and farm friendly niche game and thats totally fine.

That being said no-one wants their farming to be made more tedious, thats my issue. Players should not have to deal with having to roll either an alchemist mule to make pots or a squire mule to make yogurt or both.

Tbh the SP management isnt even a thing for me right now after reading the latest Ktos patch notes, good god…if any of that stuff makes it over here I will absolutely being going back to where I came from.

+11 coupons and the return of diamond anvils, combined with the new forced pvp meta, I just dont understand whats happening right now. Did I accidently log in to Arche-Age, did BDO buyout ToS, seriously, what is going on.

4 Likes

I’m not 100% sure, but I think the +11 coupons are only for unique grade stuff, same with trans 5. The trans 8 coupon is only for primus.

All of this I’m sorta ok with, because of how strong velc is now, this helps close the gap. I hate how it’s in gacha cubes though.

The diamond anvils are awful, I hate gacha DA. BUT they are limited time… If that’s any consolation. It’s really disheartening to see that though.

I suppose people don’t really understand Korean MMOs anymore, do they? It’s an entirely different market, with an entirely different paradigm. It’s like being angry that most of your japanese-imported games have gone the way of the mobage and not understanding why it’s become that.

Koreans always end up having that type of event, because the market for these types of games are larger over there and more imperative to their electronics market. Especially Nexon, the grand-daddy of MMO publishing over there.

Oh I agree. That’s the route we’ve gone in general lately, hence why most of ye older grindy MMOs have died out for the swapping of the popular triple A online service model. People can’t be assed these days to grind out and optimize, or it’s become simply demeaning to do so in the first place. For some people it clicks and they’ll do what min-maxing they can to be optimal whether easy or hard; and for others it’ll be a literal slog because to do one thing you’d need to complete 5 other things first. For those people it’s simply not fun, and will bore them immensely.

Which is why I imagine this thread hasn’t actually died yet. Neither party will quite understand the other, because their preferences aren’t willing to bend. There are people who’d simply adjust to the changes however they can, and those who can’t adjust and get frustrated because there’s no point to it in their eyes.

1 Like

Personaly the SP annoye me, but didnt made me quit the game.

I like RPG games and had hope in ToS because it promised deep class customization and combos.
I dont feel it at all, it is shallow for me. I feel like I have absolutly no choice as a player except for picking the class. Then 5 minutes of thinking what to take inside the class. For me the system before rebuild had more options. I could pick my stats and could pick more attirbutes (they stripped many of them).

If they really upped the amount of skills to choose from for each class.
Gave attributes to pick from for those skills, where you cant pick them all but need to choose between them
Gave some true synergy between classes, even creating some class x class skills combos.
Allowed us to input stat points like before, but in totally different way. In example stats that give nothing by themself, but each skill in game have some breakpoints that give it special effect if your given stat reach certain treshold. Making every stat somewhat usefull for every class, because even Cleric skills would have unlocks done by DEX or STR.

There are bajilion of ideas, I could write entire concept of new class distribution that would be by depth ten times better than current. Additionaly by just thinking about it for 1 day. Yet ToS devs cant think of anything realativly good in years.
But probably like most games, they only have graphic department and coding guys.

Remiri has actually helped me. but you butthurt trolls would rather bash him which makes the forums look as toxic as ms2’s forums to me a player who started on the 18th.

Kudos.

1 Like

Thats probally b/c Rem’s response to every thread on every topic is to “gitgud peasants” so ya, people typically eyeroll him, but were glad senpai noticed you.

2 Likes

A lot of people on this forum have paper-thin skin. Sometimes you need a swift kick in the rear and be told to ‘gitgud’. I generally offer methods for people to gitgud as well.

1 Like

Only a single one of my 6 characters has an SP issue, it’s a serious one though.
For reference I play -

• Doppel - Barbarian - Templar

• Outlaw - Linker - Bullet Marker

• Sorcerer - Necromancer - Taoist

• Exorcist - Druid - Kannushi

• Cannoneer (new one)

But the one not mentioned is the problem one,

• Shadowmancer - Alchemist - Sage

The skills on those two (with the additional attributes) are somewhat outrageous for what they do, that’s the only character I have to bathe in SP for.
(And it doesn’t do much damage/mobbing sadly…)

Thus why I’m leaving Sage and never going back.

sage is bad early game. try pyro first. more dmg less sp. Sage is good for the shop tho for sure.

For sage I can tell you: don’t bother with Micro / Ultimate dimension attributes other than Enhance and After effects. You will have little to no usage of the rest of them, and they will increase your SP consumption to the moon.

Down to 2k players again, we’re getting to pre Re:build numbers.
How is the “gitgud” working for the game’s health, eh?

Yeah, I noticed, Shadowmancer is in a similar spot, but it does deal some damage, sadly you’re stunted if your enemy is flying or dark.
Warlock also has a sizeable SP consumption, but compared to Sage, the damage it provides per SP burnt is noticeable.