Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

You still don’t get it, do you?

It doesn’t matter if the skill is crappy or not, it matters that using it drains your SP.

A new player that doesn’t read the forums doesn’t know about it, reads the description, tries to use it thinking “wow, my hawk actually can attack on her own, cool” and sees all his SP gone in a few seconds.
That player will eventually get frustrated and led to quit.

If that skill didn’t have that stupid SP cost, many would still use it.

Yes, it’s bad design but you are delusional if you want to deny that SP consumption of that skill is absurd.

The same SP drainage issue comes, as @nfprivaron said, with end game content and not having good gear with other classes too.

Yes and I’m saying, like many others, it changed for the bad, but you seem to have comprehension problems at this point.

There we go, get good or leave. I don’t even have SP problems, but I can understand why some people complain.
You just want to drive them towards the “quit” door.

The problem with PES is not that it uses 99 SP every 5 seconds, it’s that it uses the SP even if you’re not actually attacking anything. So you have to toggle it on and off constantly. Basically you’ll only put it on for bosses just for the blinding effect if you don’t want to be sucked dry by it.

1 Like

I think its silly, once im done casting all my buffs, half my SP bar is gone, and thats before countdown at 330 dungeon is done and lets us kill the mosnters (rip 2k SP)

The very least IMC should do is increase buff duration to 30 minutes/1 hour, (only for buffs that has 100% uptime anyway that is) Example Free step, 5 min duration, 1 min colldown, costs almsot 200 sp per cast.

Now imagine a new player that doesn’t have good gear having to use more than one rotation to kill a pack of mobs while farming or doing CM.

The SP costs for some skills are stupidly high, but SP draining it’s also (and principally for most classes) a consequence of lack of good gear with high trans.

The usual 2/3 people here suggesting tedious workarounds can’t or don’t care to look beyond their small garden.

1 Like

Ok, after equipping (almost properly) my main characters i gotta say the SP is manageable.
1 - Assassin - Shinobi - Enchanter: has a good AA so it leaves plenty of time to potions reset CD. Also it doesn’t spam skills like crazy. Shinobi is kinda lacking right now so it is only usable to burst damage into boss.
2 - Outlaw - Corsair - Linker: great AoE skills but high CDs. It has some time walking around and positioning to do so it can maintain SP usage on check.
3 - Cryo - Kino - Pyro: she is thirsty BUT has great CC. CC means time, time means more SP pot to use. She is the one that uses the most sp pots of all my characters. It is tricky, she uses a lot of pots but it is worthy. This is my favorite build so far.
4 - Oracle - Druid - Sadhu: This build has HUGE sp usage, but Arcane Energy makes up for it. You can use all buffs, debuffs plus some damage burst and restore mana to it’s original point, it’s just great. It just needs some practice to use. I rarely use mana pots with this one.

Overall i think SP usage is high, yes. But we can manage it. The one thing that is HORRIBLE is SP regen. Lord have mercy! Why even bother having this stat in the game if it is that bad? Wizards should have base mana regen super high as they are the casters. On that note Swordman class should have higher HP regen as well. The other classes falling in between wiz and sword.
This awful regen we have should apply while out of combat, period. When on rest mode it doubles or something.

I don’t swear it doesn’t exist. I am glad that IMC stuck to their guns and didn’t nerf saalus due to people like you who can’t adjust to new content, so they whine about it instead. I hope they don’t take a different stance on basic SP management.

You keep parroting this. When I posted that topic the population was in a tailspin because we needed content. Keep harping on it though as some absolute.

Perhaps you should explain to the people in this thread why you don’t have SP problems (as we have been this entire time) so that the whiners can learn.

Your fiasco deserves to be remembered. Until balance patch, rushed as you wished, the game had not less than ~3k players average, after it kept “overachieving” going as low as 1.2k.

You made deaf ears to everyone that told you that rushing a patch w/o proper QA would have lead to bugs and problems of all sort and now you’re doing the same mistake but you’re too stubborn to acknowledge it.

Because I have gears where needed and avoided heavy SP draining classes on less equipped alts, like I already did on balance patch.

This problem is nothing new for old players, but I reckon that new players may suffer it.
The only thing you do is to tell them “get good or leave” (summing up your tedious workarounds).

1 Like

You are being accused of being a toxic troll because you were being a toxic troll. Your tune has slightly changed throughout this thread to not be as accusing and damning, so kudos for that.

1 Like

Such a fiasco that only you remember it and are using it as a point to attack me. Grats.

You reckon incorrectly. Look at pokart’s video, this whole thread is built on a foundation of incorrect information and concern trolling. I plan to make a level 1 soon without any help from my mains after Boruto calms down, I would recommend you do the same.

I have good memory mr. “overachiever” and the 1.2k CCU, final result of the balance patch, is something that everyone has noticed.
That’s how thoroughly you think before suggesting something.

Keep going Remiri, we have been there already. Read the posts of @nfprivaron, he has got the point correctly, you and your 2 cohorts can’t see beyond your noses.

1 Like

Guys, chill out :frowning:

Totally the fault of me suggesting to a company to speed up content because the existing stuff was stale, which is the primary reason why people stop playing.

I read them and actually respect their opinion somewhat because I know they have a million characters. I am not responding to them, I am responding to you.

In case you forgot. I won’t put anymore words in their mouth.

It’s not your fault they rushed the patch, they don’t even read these forums and never listened.
But it shows

In case you missed our earlier discussion, mr. overachiever.

Again, enough back and forth, it’s useless.
We’ll see how this patch will “overachieve” in a couple of months.

1 Like

And there are videos in this very thread that show being a ‘new player’ isn’t hard. It’s a shame when people base points of incorrect information, and then when the correct information is shoved in their face its ‘lets wait and see’.

It is our job as veteran players to guide new players in the right direction. The right way to guide the new player is not ‘yes SP is out of control’ it is ‘here are ways you can fix it and enjoy playing’ which has been done countless times in this thread.

You however seem more focused on digging into the past to attack people in a way that is completely off-topic. Shameful.

Last post: these videos shows trivial content, no CM, no farming, nothing.
All suggestions made by you or your cohorts make the game tedious.

And I shall remind you, for eg., that people using bonfires in dungeons or while farming in groups have always been heavily flamed, so some suggestions are even toxic.

Lastly, my position is well resumed here.

Feel free to disagree and stand by your position, I don’t care.

people arguing to “win” will always be the funniest sht i read on the internet lul

• People don’t do CMs until 200+
  • People don’t do serious farming until they are closer to max level

This isn’t needed for party content or farming in groups. Back to micro-management, and better macro-management with your group composition.

I will, thanks. Undergeared people should struggle to kill things, that is why it’s called ‘undergeared’. You are not geared appropriately for the content you are doing if you are undergeared.

Becoming geared for the content at your level is easy. +6 your weapon, +6 your armor, make sure to listen to the prompts that IMC literally gives you when you reach a new gear level, and get that gear cheaply off the MP or from NPCs. Upgrade it.

There is no point in the discussion anymore.

The new premium content from korean thread is easy to judge, developers dont give a f… about the game anymore. Its uber p2w that there is no way to whiteknight thru anymore. They just want to milk it as much as possible and shut down the business. I think they already acknowledged internaly that Re:Build was a failure and wont save the game, thus they go full-out with what they got.

So heres your answer, who is right in the thread and who is wrong.

1 Like

Frustration because they can’t think and don’t read skills and don’t realize what’s causing all their “SP issues”?
Your argument is that people should be able to use every skill all the time without thinking about anything, otherwise they will be unhappy and leave. This game isn’t that deep, but to think it should be at that level is insane.

You must be extremely sensitive if you think learning to adjust to a change mechanic or game means people are calling you a “scrub” and to “get good”.

Listen, you clearly are the one having comprehension problems because I’ve stated before that it’d be nice to have a tweak to sp, but I think it’s more important to look at classes as a whole and certain skills.

After playing rebuild for 2 weeks, sp was a worry at first but it’s almost a non factor now because people have learned new builds and play styles to adjust. If you want to keep complaining about it, be my guest.

People have said it’s class and spec related, don’t you think that means looking at the classes and not just “sp usage as a whole is bad”

You should start reading my posts before hitting that “reply” button, as you haven’t been doing it since your first reply and you keep repeating things that I’ve already addressed in other posts.

You basically understood nothing of what I wrote, other people did and had the patience to try to explain it to you.
Mine is gone, so I’ll tell you too that we’ll see in a couple of months how good these changes are and how the game will “overachieve” again.

1 Like