Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

Yes, because none of the servers are populated.
Most maps have 1 or 2 players per channel, if any.

He sure is not trying at all.

Yeah, he really needs to step up his game to be a master of lies like you.

Yeah, I’m a master at pointing them out. Glad you recognise those trolls as well.

And once more, a very nice lie, Master.

Omega yikes, turns out he’s right. Absenta Reservoir, Shaton Farm and Glade Hillroad have no one playing there. My server is really dead… :sob: I won’t even bother checking other maps, I should probably uninstall ToS right now and play something else because I got rekt this time.

Again, said from the one who started hinting that I’m a couple with somebody I’ve never spoke with :smiley:
but that’s ok, since you’re a troll as well these kind of sentences are fine

You can say whatever you want about ppl being desperate. It’s not reality but just your delusions speaking for you :wink:

1 Like

3k players divided between 4 servers, many are AFK or bots
And you call your server populated? L M A O

only lv 40? If you’re struggling with SP usage at lv 40 and unable to progress because of it, then you’re really doing something very wrong.

for the record, enemies at around lv 320 or so start dropping silver in amounts of around 600-800 per kill. THAT’S the level you’re supposed to start buying the lv 15 alchemist pots. Not before.

You consume less SP at higher level and exponentially higher consumptions at lower levels.
SP issues are bigger at the beggining because of the bad linear scaling.
Btw, who the hell mentiones alchemist potions?
Potions are expensive at low levels because silver drops are also bad because at some point they were heavily nerfed at the beggining of the game.

And this is why the game keeps not doing as well:
Great players play games that don’t require so much chore time to actually enjoy it, and instead are actually challenging 100% of the time.

There’s no challenge in requiring hours in low-level maps just to run interesting content, I am very sorry to say. The sensible adaption to tedium is to simply not play.

Replaying Bloodborne’s certainly more engaging. Which is a shame, ToS could be a cute game, if only it wasn’t 99% boring timewaste content.

1 Like

People nowadays can’t see the difference between something tedious and something challenging, in this case they really really firmly believe they become better if they put up with tedious broken mechanics.

How does one get better at a game that’s based on gear crutching. What skill is getting better?

1 Like

I had a friend get me back into Tree of Savior, he’s been waiting for Re:Build to try out the game and I went along with him. He’s around 40-70 right now and noticed the SP usage, but instead of complaining about it, he just pointed it out “wow, I think I need to buy myself some new SP potions”.

So why are some people fuzzing out this much? I agree that some classes burn through their SP like no tomorrow, but there’s ways around it and until IMC decides to do something (or not) to combat the SP usage, we will have to circle around the problem (or quit).

I’d say that SP recovery should be a bit faster/higher, maybe have auto attacks regenerate a tiny amount of SP as well? Not sure about that, since there’s AA builds and that might be a tad bit too broken…
Generally, I don’t mind the high SP consumption, it makes me actually use pots, I never had to use any before Re:Build, after all

Siete summed it up pretty well.

Can we play like this, sure, im hardly some penniless hobo. I have an alchemist mule, I have Velcoffer Armor with +69 SP Recovery, I have multiple 10 Star focused cards to return sp, increase sp potions, and increase sp recovery. I also have over 150 collections completed for additional recovery stats and raw SP.

Now with that being said, it is pointless to make things in an already tedious farming game more tedious. When you label a reboot as “more diverse playstyles” people arent expecting more diverse meant logging into your wizard mule every other day to craft potions.

Can you play like this, yep, is it more fun, absolutely not. You do realize you are allowed to complain about something right, where do you think the majority of changes come in any video game. There is no magical world where the devs kick back and play their own games and are like “omg, this is broken, we need to patch this right away”, if you dont speak up things dont get better.

4 Likes

Can someone make a hp usage complain topic? I just can’t solo Saalus with this shtty hp recovery rate and hp pot and bonfire. :sad:

The game went from trivial potion management (launch till balance patch) to “potion chug simulator” (balance patch).
Re:build made the latter worse removing regen from SPR.

I agree it shouldn’t be trivial, but it shouldn’t be annoying either and IMC proved, as usual, to not be able to balance the game even on resource management side.

3 Likes

And making SP costs non-linear, being way higher at the first levels.

Meanwhile Csiko and I duo’ed all of Tevhrin including Gesti at the start of rank8 without fade cheesing in average gear. Trans wasn’t a requirement, the game just took slight more thought than now.

Our class comp of cleric and archer certainly helped, but the content wasn’t unplayable back then. Turns out that people with knowledge of their class can complete tough content by trying, instead of complaining and ultimately getting content nerfed. Rank 9 and 10 was a swan song to the whiners and babies in this game who couldn’t complete content cause it was “too hard :C”

I did most of pre-rebuild content solo, bugged 1-shotting Glutton boss included, and, while I agree that you can and could adapt and overcome the difficulty, this kind of tedious design is what has driven and still drives away many players.

Most of my friends quit upon reaching R7, where field monsters hit like trucks players without high grade gear + gems, a problem only made worse by transcendence and R8.

If you had good gear you could cheese most content, without transcendence, with only 1 damage received, however you would hit like a wet noodle if you didn’t have enough attack.

So, the content was playable if you had gear, if you didn’t it was frustrating at best.

Let’s remember that this was advertised as a “casual game”, alienating the casual players because “all content must be tedious” (it’s not hard) it’s not a good idea and will bring the game in the 1300 players zone again, now with the added issue that you need to gear alts too if you have to solo (eg.) saalus in a decent amount of time.

Even a casual game can have some iota of challenge, even if it is something such as basic SP management or semi-tough bosses in saalus.

I hope the new patch makes Velcoffer do things again, since re:build he has just kinda stood there while getting blinded 24/7.