Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

I talk about Zealot because that’s what I’m playing with (with a T8 Velco). And I haven’t spoke about blind faith, that would be a retarded example.

That said, Valkoria expressed once more my exact point of view.

Questing has been made extremely rewarding…

just reaching klaipedia doing the mainline and the blues in the area gives you 2k silver which is enough to get pardoner buff which will get you to level 40 before it runs out using only basic attacks then youll have another 15K-30K silver to use again on pardoner buffs which will then get you through all of tenet garden and tenet church which also gives you free lvl 40 purple gear which makes it childplay to basic attack things until level 70 which you get again free lvl 70 purple gear whcih then you do old story for free lvl 120 purple gear and lvl 123 by the end of it then you keep following the quests and in another 2 hours you have 1 million silver on your first day.

#GitGud

• Started 6 days ago. has 12Million Silver. Owns a Guild. Full Capacity. Lvl 5 in 4 days. oh and Im lvl 280 with no silver issues or sp potion problems and I cant even trade anybody until tomorrow at 4pm est because there is a 7 day trade restriction anti-bot so I earned all my silver my self.

Before rebuild I started from scratch cuz of free resets, in 3 days I was level 3XX with 250 million silver.
Those are rookie numbers.
#GitGud.

unnamed

3 Likes

buying silver doesnt make you good.

My experience after some days of re:build:

• For my Lv390 Cleric SP usage didn’t really change.
  • It’s very easy to farm SP Potions now. Literally 1 hour of farming Uosis is enough for 2 weeks of TOS playing self funded.
    If you adapt instead of whine you realize that there is a class reset feature. You can choose an auto attack build at least until Lv 300 as a new player to ignore SP problems completely. Options?
    Cleric? Check. Scouts? Double check. Archer? Probably not. Wizard? Check. Wizard tripple check because of Alchemist with ez SP for the whole party. It’s better than Ein Sof. Swordman? No.

Playing self funded is easy especially after Lv 250. 3/5 Classes can play the auto hitter and reset later.
Totally fine for new players imho.

The most sensed comment in this whole thread. I have played a game where HP and SP refills are bound to the character as “infusions” (or “sigils”) which restore a variable amount of HP/SP depending on their power (or level), with a limit on how many you can put on your character (usually 2). These infusions have a cooldown like our potions here, so you have to manage them carefully. This encourages tactical gameplay instead of brainless quaffing to fix problems.

As far as new characters go…

You get a TON of basic SP potions when you do quests… literally hundreds of them.

At low level your income doesn’t come from silver drops but item drops. Until you hit level 75 maps and their RNG based drops that have 0 value, you can sell all the junk you find for a lot of silver.

Huh, maybe it’s simply because those two didn’t know how borked of a troll Siete is. You can go for 50 replies just saying the damn thing and you won’t get anywhere with him.

That said, I want to know why people find the current solutions to SP hard to actually manage. You can disagree with the viability of some of the strategies, but you can’t ignore their existence. There are certain classes and certain attributes that will respectively jack your SP costs through the roof if you’re not paying attention, and I kind of like that trade-off. That said, certain classes have it easier, and some have it harder. Everyone writes off Featherfoot but it does have a class-wide passive that increases the effectiveness of all potions. The more powerful, the more beneficial at max passive rank. It’s significant.

Also if anything, the fact the game literally eats memory now can detract people with lesser hardware is what drives people away. Granted it does run better if you have the memory to spare, but otherwise…yeeah.

50 replies trolling newcomers.
What are you, one of those whales as well?
The game’s also doing badly because the most influential ones in the community are whales and trolls.

Not just Memory.
On my mobile Thinkpad E580 with an AMD RX550 and 24GB RAM TOS runs like ■■■■. A slideshow fiesta. Especially on a 4k Monitor it’s impossible to play. Meanwhile Nier:Automata is running very good. This is, what kills a lot of players.

I´m getting sick of this.

What great mmos are there that are doing so well?
Only 4 i know so far FFXIV/WoW/Eso/BDO.
FF& Wow/Eso are themepark mmos with real big Companies behind alone to compare this to tos is stupid.

Path of Exile isnt an mmo!
Thats why i´m not even bother to try it out.

How about all the so called “Tos killer games” so called in this forum.
Blessonline/Legend of mu/relevations online they are all dead and way faster then tos.

How about Ms2?
It bleeds out way faster then tos ever did…

Tos at least got a stable community.

Yep, and SP in MS2 is a complete non-factor since everyone has an constantly regenerating bar similar to rogue energy in WoW. Clearly resource management isn’t what is causing people to leave.

This is a minor issue being completely blown out of proportion by concern trolls. As shown by videos linked in this very thread, SP is very manageable even at low levels with no gear.

Runescape has around 100k concurrent users, Lotro, GW2 and Eve Online are some others that are pretty popular. Other than those on top of what you’ve mentioned I think, golden days of mmorpgs seem to be over.

There are many other MMOs out there. Today we have a much larger choice of mmos than during that stupid “golden age” people like to cry about.
That’s the problem with your so-called “stable community”. It’s a tiny, tiny circlejerk of Kim Hakkyu’s devotees (you can profile them further if you want: ex-RO addicts, hackers, cheaters, boters, RMTers, mostly BRs) who refuse to even try any other game than ToS (because they know that if they try an actual video game, they’ll never come back to ToS).
In Korea ToS isn’t even in the top 100 of online games. You’ll never bleed players faster than ToS.

Don’t confuse difficulty (actual well designed mechanics) and pain in the ass (Kim’s idea of difficulty and game design).

“Resource management”. My ass.

1 Like

Nah, you are still full of it and don’t get to back off from your toxic attacks like this. Perhaps you should consider that the people you are shitting on got to max level when the content was significantly harder than it is now.

Perhaps you should consider that those “high level” and “elite players” started off with no gear, and got to where they are by playing the game effectively, when there was content in rank8 that literally one-shot you from range.

We are commenting on such a trivial thing as basic SP management because IMC made rank 9 and 10 in a way that coddled to babies, and now that they are tipping the scale the other way, the babies are crying.

To summarize

Since I suffered more than you before (which is debatable), now it’s your time to suffer while I look at you saying that everything is fine.

100% Whale mindset.

3 Likes

I still remember our party with 1 high level and 4 Fade Clerics to collect the exploration cards to pass the level wall as content was deadly on every corner.

Are you one of them? :thinking: Because you really seem to be upset about this game based on your post history, but you’re still posting here. I’ve never seen any constructive feedback coming for you. You’re always showing how disgusted you are with this game and community without being useful for anyone. Why? Indeed, there are games that are better than ToS, so why not go play them?

Is this even an argument? Honestly, if they decide to make SP management trivial, why not remove it instead? Trivial SP management is just a meaningless feature like reagents for skills.

If you have little time to play the game so little that you can’t even farm adquate sp pot or sliver to support your build, why don’t you incorporate your build around the sp usage? There are many builds I played required 0 sp pots either because the class has sp regen mechanism or low sp usage but efficient spells. Stop spamming your spells and cry about sp pots. There are players actually enjoy overcoming the challenge not everyone like the game to be as easy as super Mario

• There are solutions to the problem you put out
  • you don’t want to invest into the solutions
  • you still buy pots either way and complain you have to buy them

Why do you keep debunking yourself?

It’s so easy:
Either you invest into 1 or two alt chars to reduce the strain on you
Or you spend more time farming silver to buy them from the market instead

Resource management is important because it causes in-game depth and more strategic options for the developers mechanics (e.g. Nuaele or Velcoffer draining SP with attacks).
If you can just spam all skills, the game is a dead game that only focuses on the most powerful Classes.

Right now, SP consumption is calculated by skill factor, skill type, duration, AoE,etc. , which makes certain skills more effective in certain situations, also due to the SP management effect.

Without the current SP consumption, a lot of skills would become much more gutted due to the loss of the ability to counter the power of it with something like resource management.

At this point, you could also bring up material consumption (e.g. Magic Powder or Torture Tools) which are additional costs on top of the SP to balance the skill effect.

It’s a fact that people like the adventurer feeling of RPGs, where you have a bag full of shenanigans like potions, herbs, maps, tools, etc. and TOS delivers on that.
No-one forces you to go out on adventures after all. You can just stand in town all day long being another NPC if you dislike the adventure that requires planning and tactical resource management.

Even the lore of TOS has many quests about resource scarcity and management.

Imo there is no reason to cry over the new values. Even if one skill costs 50% of your SP, if you can mob 10-20 monsters and kill them with 2 uses of the skill, that is alright.

Up till an SP pool of 2400, a single lvl 15 Alchemist potion will refill your complete SP pool.
This is stupidly overpowered with regards to actual SP costs of below 10% per skill and the notion that in most cases monsters till lvl 120 die within a few auto-attacks with Pardoner buffs.

All in all it’s better to be stronger against monsters but have the downside of more resource management than being weaker but without the need to manage resources as it was before Re:build were the whales/elitists were much much stronger in comparison to the average player than afterwards where the additional upgrades on weapon & armor don’t matter that much anymore,
even in content with increasing difficulty per stage like challenge mode.

People are now actually able to participate in content with less gear & less experience.
Overcoming SP consumption with adapted gameplay is a small price to pay in exchange.

1 Like