Tree of Savior Forum

New predictions for Archers Builds

Considering that the coming updates will nerf and “improves” some aspects of falconer and QS , a build using those will remain viable ?

Also i wanna know if those sub classes can be used for a ET run

builds like: (considering the upcoming Rank9)*

A2>QS3>Fal3>Mer/BM (which one is better?)
A2>Sap3>Fal3> Mer/BM
A2>QS3>Ro1>Ap>BM2

any falconer build with
vubbe gauntlet+
2frieno bracelet+
lolopanther medal+
3centaur card
squire aar food
is viable

A2 > QS 3 > Falc 3 > Mer is better than the BM variant
Merg will have higher % damage scaling on skills, more AoE that can take advantage of Aiming / circling
Arrow rain, Triple arrow and spreadshot are all powerful skills that can used. The only problem you will find is trying to find the AoE att ratio to make use of your combo.
6 from 3 centaur cards,
1 from each head gear slot; total 3,
Miki glove +1 or vubbe gloves +2
2 Friendo braces / gladiator bands / (sissles if you can slot the AoE elsewhere)
lolo/miki medal +1

BM is lack luster at circle 1 only allowing you to go 5 in silver bullets and 5 in DGS then 1 in everything else, which entitles you to
Bloody overdrive (309% scaling for 20 hits that has to be used with Aiming or miss majority of the hits)
then
R.I.P for 247% x 7 with 2 overheats and 5 aoe ratio(3 mobs hit or 5 mobs hit when you set enemies aoe def to 1, can be buffed by AoE cards/hats but also has a small hit box
then theres incendiary bomb 787% for 2 overheats and +10 aoe ratio, not sure if ktest fixed the bug yet with it limiting the distance of the aoe based on what you are locked on to.
Maybe if you earned a 16+ fully trans 350 pistol this build could fill a utility dps slot but not a carry role :confused:
I look at this build as a playstyle choice, it can be strong but it will take a large investments to make it flashy.
(Mandatory 350 crossbow and pistol + running shot gem)

Between Sapper and QS, Sapper seems to be the more budget route compared to QS where you would need high investment into weapons to offset the lower % damage scaling you get.

If you take sapper you will be relegated to a support position, Merg or BM is dependent on what you want to invest in.

A2> QS3 > Ro1 > AP > BM2

personally I don’t know how much you are willing to spend to get this to work but if you’re planning to max out your pistol then I would argue AP maybe not be worth it. Say you own a 16+ aspana Trans 7, you use over estimate and now its 200+ more phys. “yay.” The higher you go with weapons the less impactful AP is, you need to ask yourself if 200+ phys and a 50% chance to debuff an enemy’s defense is worth a whole rank.

2 Likes

Qs3Falc3Bm1 seems really really good even without AoE gears, Aiming makes attacks like Scatter Caltrops and Bloody Overdrive perfect vs a large number of mobs while dealing good single target damage with AA running shot + double gun stance (and with the help of pre-emptive strike). Pheasant will be gold too

Bm2 has bloody overdrive with a 50% ricochet attribute, i’d like to see more videos about it.

I’m planning a Mergen, just because i like the class, and i’m torn between A2-Sap3-Wugu2-Mergen2 and A2Sap2Wugu1Falc3Mergen1

thank you clarified some doubts I had about BM , i´ll consider that if i make that build (anyway i prefer the mergen)

a lot of people will run falcon 2 for the ice tree attribute on pheasant

what build would benefit going only c2 falc but not going c3 for aiming too?

not many i’d say.
the only reasonable reason to not take C3 is to get a rank 8 class like Mergen, Hackapell and Bullet Marker to C2 on rank 9.
unfortunately Mergen benefits more with Falconer3 with aiming than Mergen2 without it.
Bullet Marker signature skill Bloody overdrive hits way more with aiming active but loses the ability to get that 50% ricochet attribute.
I don’t know much about Hackapell as i never tried to build one, i’m waiting mambojango’s video with falc-hacka.

Falc2 has little more than Falc1, more damage with Pheasant and Hovering on bosses, it could work tho

Falc3 is almost mandatory as aiming interact with Scatter Caltrops from Quarrel Shooter (viable with every rank 8 class)and many other attacks, Pheasant gains its C3 ice tree attribute and Pre-emptive strike for 50% more damage

I’m theorycrafting this: Archer2-Quarrel3-Falc2-Hacka2

hackapell, c2 falconer has an attribute that vacuums enemies on pheasant. i can foresee people going appraiser falcon 2 or rogue falcon 2. The cooldown is on line with hacka’s cds too.
Same thing for mergen, no need for aiming with those long cooldowns, you can just group enemies with pheasant and use them.

Ice tree attribute is C2 @Su-Kral

1 Like

Falconer C3 gets vacuum Pheasant.
Falconer C2 gets multi-hit pheasant.

The iToS dev blog contains many errors or left-out info.

@HueMeAllNightLong wow have not seen you around in a while!

Here you go, latest changes to falcon:

Falconer1 pheasant: +50% damage vs beast type enemies.
-Max 15 targets (OLD: unlimited AoE)
Cooldown reduced to 25s (OLD: 40s)
Damage changed to: 990%, +54.4% per skill level (OLD: 660%, +36.3%).

Falconer2 pheasant attribute: amount of hits with Pheasant increased to 5.
Falconer3 pheasant attribute: pheasant will pull all enemies to the location of the attack(doll).

• Circling:
    - Now reduces enemies AOE defense ratio to 1, regardless of skill level.
    - Hawks will become more mobile and continue to be effective whilst following its master, even whilst using circling.
    - The duration of this skill has changed:
    Old: 10 Seconds
    New: 10 + (Skill Lv. x 1)Seconds
  • When targeting monsters affected by circling, a message will pop-up.( Target’s AOE Defense Ratio is reduced to 1.)

Circling: Expand
※ Attribute’s initial effect has been removed, and replaced with a new effect.
- New Effect: When casting [Circling], you now gain a [Circling:Expanding] buff which gives the caster +3 AOE Attack Ratio
- Duration: (10 + Attribute Lv x 1) Seconds

4 Likes

I was ninja’d by greyhiem. I checked on tos neet (ktest) because Itos devs’ report had a typo.
I would have loved a falc2 with that pheasant attribute believe me :sad:

Well rip my dreams for my alts, imc ;(
Do you know how much damage does the c2 attri on pheasant? After the circling expand change i’m thinking about leaving circling to 1 since i don’t really need it. Still thinking about that.
Any info about the hovering attribute too? is it double damage or not?

Falconer2 Hovering: Guardian attribute: hovering deals bonus damage to bosses. +10% damage per attribute level (max level 10).

The falconer pheasant C2 attributes is ‘increase amount of hits to 5’. I do not know if it is a true multi-hit or fake multi-hit.

Here you can see 5 lines per enemy hit.

Leave circling at 1, the new expand attribute is a waste of silver too (25 mil cost to max).

Inje is the strongest falconer3 I know, her skillbuild:
1 call
1 roost
5 circling
15 pheasant
10 sonic strike
5 aiming
5 pre-emptive strike
1 hanging shot

1 Like

i think they removed the circling expand from the notes. did they change their minds? @greyhiem

if it is still there hwy do they think this is a good idea for falconers to change that attribute? does it make the class better or worse. im so confused.

It actually went on live i think?
What they wanted to do was to reduce how much damage falcon gives to other circles/people and pump his own damage, that’s why we get that +50% damage roost and all the others damage buffs.
The attribute is okay, but 25m to max it? lol.

No, they did not change their minds. Live server KR falconer changes were applied. Inje Kang QS3-rogue1-falconer3-mergen1 plays on the live server.

Old circling expand was a lot stronger and a lot stronger for support too.

Sorry for the video delay! I’m barely leaving bed these past few days. But as soon as I get a sword for my character (I don’t want to create another one so I’m farming a 315 hg sword) I’ll record the video and post it here!

2 Likes

im theorycrafting the same stuff for tbl e.e
guess im going to sit and wait for videos

I’m kinda thinkin the return of sneaky burrow for colony wars: A-Qs3-Ro3-Sc-x. The build still does work for tbl if you wanna go there.

Roost is not that reliable btw, since it only has 5 hp. But at least it’s enough for pheasant most of the time