Tree of Savior Forum

New Player tips for iCBT

Thanks for the tips
In the game will be useful

These are all really helpful! :relaxed: If anyone who has been playing the kr betaā€™s is open to giving out some specific tos class/stat advice on the game please let me know! :sweat_smile:

@yeule thanks! Iā€™ll be editing some info based on what people have said.

As a side note, I did receive your PM and will respond very soon, just completely forgot till now!

oh! haha thank you. I couldnā€™t even tell whether it had been read or not so I figured maybe it never even notified you. lmao. :joy: Didnā€™t want to directly hassle you again though so I thought iā€™d just ask out in the open for anyone.

No worries, I canā€™t even play till the 4th so iā€™ve still got time to figure out what path iā€™m going! :grin:

1 Like

I know this threadā€™s a bit old by this forumā€™s standards but I have a few more tips, the first of which may be a bit controversial.

1. Learn to jump attack. Thatā€™s hitting the jump key then hitting attack immediately afterwards while holding a movement key, such that your character swings while in motion and hits the ground with unbroken movement. Extremely useful on wizard, cleric and swordsman - possibly on archer, itā€™s the one class i havenā€™t tested thoroughly yet. It is very good for kiting, positioning, reducing damage taken, etc. Heck even something as minimal as grabbing a tree root while on the move is useful over the long haul. If you want to play the game well, this is a really important skill to have.

2. I know you mentioned gear, but we should mention gear breakpoints. Level 15, 40, 75 and 120 (and likely more) have a complete set of gear with them as their level requirement. At MINIMUM you should upgrade your weapon asap upon reaching any of these breakpoints.

3. You should always have a slashing and blunt weapon on your swordsman and cleric. No reason not to. Free 50% damage increase on your autos on the majority of the gameā€™s monsters. If youā€™re a swordsman and you can spare the rank for hoplite or cataphract you can add a piercing weapon to increase that majority (~60%) to vast majority (~90%). The built in weapon swap sucks. Just use the hotkeys.

1 Like

I canā€™t stop myself. Got some more.

1. Quests in this game are great, but they arenā€™t your primary source of xp. They are more of an added bonus. Unless you are a crazy completionist donā€™t feel the need to waste time hunting down every npc and searching for blue quests. Just make sure to hang onto the primary yellow quest as it serves as a nice guide. To that effect, when you see a large group of monsters, kill them! Iā€™ve been in parties that have been so focused on getting their quests done that they didnā€™t. Iā€™m addition to having item drops and xp, monsters are your primary source of income. By rank 3 party monster killing ends up pretty firmly ahead of anything else for xp gains.

@lindseyds 7 hours ago isnā€™t ā€œoldā€
Old should be around ~3 days ago

Either ways thanks for all the tips!

1 day, 11 hours and 10 minutes before the iCBT start :unamused: sorry itā€™s not a useful info~

1 Like

the countdown is real

Lol ok thatā€™s fair enough.

I just couldnā€™t believe a post this useful wasnā€™t still on the front page

wonders of forum, finding something useful in random places haha

Because of too many threads!

@esahc_dnomder (AKA Ragunaga) made a countdown on ToSBase that should be checked out! C:

1 Like

Ty for providing this tips.

Wish I could start right now but yeah. :smile:

Another one!

1. Save up and buy a companion asap. They level up very quickly, and can be shifted around to any of your characters. Starting a level 1 character with a level 150 companion makes the first several boss fights a breeze.
1 Like

Nice job, but you can remove/change some of this points since IMC made things:

1.) You can skip the tutorial, there is a map on the left portal of Klaipeda that has quests that will also level you to level 7~. But this way you will get map completation too.

2.) They buffed stamina, it was only ridiculous on the first and second days of the beta. Now only Warriors that like using their run skill need to buy the pills.

14.) There are 2 types of glowing monsters to be more accurate. One glows white and will give extra Silver drop. The other glows blue and will give the extra EXP drop as you mentioned.

2 Likes

If youre playing a swordman class. Keep an weapon of each type of attack in your inventory. Most mobs are vulnerable to either slash, stab or strike, and you can quickly swipe between types of auto attack with alt+z, plus the mobs will take 50% increased damage.

That zone IS the tutorial.

Are they expensive? Weā€™re all pretty much new players

So Iā€™m guessing sword for slash, spears for stab but whatā€™s for strike?

mace and clubs cause strike damage.

1 Like