Tree of Savior Forum

New Player tips for iCBT

Been playing KCBT3 and streaming it for awhile now, and a couple viewers asked for some tips/advice for new players.

Hopefully this helps out.

1. Don’t skip the tutorial. The lowest level mobs you’ll encounter early on if you skip the tutorial are level 6. Don’t make the mistake of using your Klaipeda warp item in your inventory to skip the tutorial, as it boosts you all the way to 7.

2. Stamina pills. Early on in the game, you’ll find yourself running out of stamina quite often (especially with the zerg rush of new players leveling in the same area). Buy 10-100 stamina pills asap. You’ll make your money back quite fast.

3. Never buy gear from merchants. They’re almost infinitely cheaper in the auction house, even when the servers completely fresh and new.

4. Upgrade your weapon to +5. Yes it does get quite expensive, but the return value is well worth it, and money comes easy as you progress. Don’t do it to all your weapons, just at every major weapon interval (15/40/etc)

• As an added bonus, try to get gear that has splash or AoE bonuses on them, they usually are crafted, or rare, but you’ll probably find recipes in the auction house for decent prices. They’ll help you level much more easily most of the time (depend on builds ofcourse).
  1. ATTRIBUTES. Learn them. Some have a timer on them, but some let your learn them immediately. This means you can spam learn ones that have “immediate learn time” on them, and get massive benefits to skills. It does get quite expensive, so everytime you go back to town to repair or anything, buy as many immediate attributes as you can, and then buy one that has a time to learn when your leaving town.
  • As an added bonus, you can spam click the attribute you want to level up multiple times, so the “yes or cancel” notification window pops up multiple times, making it easier to just hit yes on all of them after.
  1. Repair. If your gear is under 30%, you’ll get notified. REPAIR IMMEDIATELY. Gear breaks very easily and very fast, you don’t want to be stuck with broken gear on a boss fight. Your best bet is to be in map with a goddess statue (unless your with a Dievdirbys), or run to a map with a goddess statue thats further ahead to save your teleport point.

2. Added bonus, you have a stone that teleports you to Klaipeda on a 20 min CD. You can use this to your advantage, every time you have a quest completed that allows you to teleport to a quest npc, use the stone to go to town and repair, then teleport back to the quest. This is more important later when statues become few between maps.

3. Worship every statue. Some give stats, but most give you a teleport point.

4. Talk to every NPC in the field. They have quests, and the early grind is MUCH faster doing quests. The late game grind is your choice.

5. Party up. Seriously, it’s too easy to get into a party with the a party matching system, and it makes life easy. If your strong enough to solo, then by all means go ahead.

6. Explore the map 100%. Don’t leave out a gray area, you’ll boost your adventure journal, and it really doesn’t take time out of your grinding.

7. If you see a glowing mob (assuming that it’s not in Frenzy or debuffed), KILL IT. It’s likely an elite mob with 1000% exp boost/drop boost. You’ll get an insane amount of either exp or loot.

8. Pressing F12 starts an in-game screen record. Record bugs, or anything you’d really like!

Credit for some tips/ideas:
/u/Dastev on Reddit
@lindseyds on official site

I’ll possibly add more to these tips later.
You can also view my stream here, I’ll have plenty of guides/tips available there:
http://www.twitch,tv/fatepgn

:sunny:

97 Likes

Thanks for the help/tips, Fate!

1 Like

FatePGN you are a legend!

Thanks for the tips dude, i’m 100% using these to get a headstart.

1 Like

I’m using these as well and will refer back to them! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Mega helpful! Thanks :slight_smile:

Appreciate the tips, bud. I’ll be sure to bookmark this for later. :smile:

Thank you for the helpful tips! Can you post a link so some of your recorded gameplay as well?

1 Like

@GenericBadGuy You can find my VODs http://www.twitch.tv/fatepgn/profile/past_broadcasts :blush:

If there’s a demand, I can also do a couple YouTube video guides.

2 Likes

I demand this! :raising_hand:

I, too, would love to watch any video guides that you come up with! :tv:

Hm… not the said chosen one but I find this thread amusing and helpful~ :+1:

1 Like

Noted. :smile:
I’ll come up with some video guides for the future, before iCBT begins.

1 Like

Don’t worry, you can carry these tips over to OBT when you’ll need them, and they’ll really matter :wink:

1 Like

Yes yes, do keep us posted on your video guides :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the tips!

here take it ! :cookie:

1 Like

Been watching the stream, and I agree 100% with everything. Fate is awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, been watching your stream also, good stuff :sunglasses:

1 Like

Can you give more details about the stamina system? when do you use stamina and when do you recover stamina?

1 Like

@Ramsus

Stamina is used when you walk (25 steps = 1 stamina).
There are tree roots that constantly appear all over the map in any map (aside from towns). Hitting it restores all stamina to all nearby players.

Stamina Pills allow you to regen stamina on the go, when the tree root nodes are nowhere to be found (too many players around that hit them as soon as they spawn/etc)

@Lockheart @Greensburg
Thanks for the support!

2 Likes

Thanks for this, I’ll look forward to those video guides