Tree of Savior Forum

New player questions about Rogue

Alright so I’m a newer player to the game and I’ve been messing around with a Cleric > C3 Priest > C3 monk > ??? and I’ve run into the issue of little damage and my supporting capabilities aren’t exactly the best either.

So its time for something else fun to play, I’ve been looking into Archer > ??? > Scout > C3 Rogue and it seems pretty fun in PvP but I’d also like to PvE as well. Is Rogue a dead class for PvE, not able to dish out enough damage compared to things like Wugushi or Musketeer?

I’ve got two builds here one with Quarrel Shooter for the Running Shot buff everyone keeps raving about, as well as a C3 Ranger counterpart as a more skill spammer style that sounds pretty cool.

So people keep raving to me about C3 QS and how Running Shot is the best skill as an archer class but it kind of feels like a one trick pony to me. I understand why its so good it just seems boring. Though I imagine 200% damage and 30% attack speed into the back on a mob with Sneak Hit up is going to tear through it. Mix in Durial’s Cross for 270% and 27 sec up time, fun times will be had. But alas is still seems boring too me.

This is the second build running C3 Ranger instead. I was interested in this as more of a skill spammer to be more entertaining. Time Bomb Arrow is just there as a skill point dump for now, I was told the 5 levels into Critical shot would be better as a filler skill to spam. Bounce Shot and Spiral Arrow seem pretty ok as it helps with the AoE that the QS build is missing completely. As well as Steady Aim’s 45% damage on top of the Ranger skills + Vendetta would hit pretty hard. But would I be losing too much damage not going the Running Shot route?

In terms of the rest of the build Scout seems like a must if you’re running Rogue for PvP and even for PvE to be able to position yourself around the world for nice hits or openers like a double Backstab into a boss before going into other skills.

The C3 Rogue being the main focus of this build as I like the style. Vendetta seems pretty solid with the STR buff to help with party play + making up for Rogue’s weaker damage. Although I’ve noticed that no Rogue build actually uses it and opts for Evasion and Feint instead. I understand that Evasion is pretty important PvP wise but the whole picking play style of Rogue seems like its more of a “Oh ■■■■” button and nothing more. Still amazing but I’d prefer to PvE overall so I was skilling more for damage. Lachrymator looks pretty good as a little bit of utility to help out the party to mitigate damage while doing a little bit of damage with the attribute.

The plan stats wise would be about 30 - 50 invested CON to keep myself around 50 total for some suitability, then everything else into STR as DEX wont be needed with the high crit chance all my skills would give.

So overall I’m interested in Rogue but is it an ok PvE class if played well and played to its strengths or does it just fall off and become kind of useless like my Monk build I’ve been playing?

Sorry if this was a bit convoluted I’m not too good at explaining things but to anyone who can give me some info on this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks and have yourselves a good one.

Here is a thread dedicated to rogue3

read it until the very end and come back tell us what you learnt

if you want to pve, rogue c3 is really not the way to go :frowning: at most, go rogue c2, rogue c3 only offers burrow and using it is very limited.

As someone who has a Rogue C3, here’s the main points:

-Never go Rogue C3 without a circle of Ranger+Scout, feint+barrage is too strong to pass up, and Burrow needs Cloaking.
-Rogue C3 “forces” you to trash out DEX, since you better max Sneak Hit,Evasion(can leave at 8), put some points into Feint(mine is at 12,because of Barrage’s CD).
-Ignore Vendetta(worst skill in the game,maybe come back when stat revamps come),and leave Backstab at 1(it’s enough).
-DON’T GET the attribute dagger:sudden attack,that ■■■■ is bugged and makes your werewolf cards useless.
-Werewolf cards are the way to go if you have no DEX,since Sneak hit 15 is too good to pass up.
-Keep in mind Burrow doesn’t allow you to renew buffs,so things like Steady Aim/Running Shot are VERY limited.

P.s: Useful link for mskills that can be used.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KiYi8LmhljhvByqzeAh2NhMWN9EFFmsi--WN2z5kwe8/pubhtml

A3>Scout>Rogue3 here.

my best suggestion is dont pass rogue 1.

here is why:
1.backstab looks ok, do some dmg, but very hard to hit. comparing to other archer class as in R6 its not that great, plus you need karacha set and you will use them until you quite this game.

2.the only good skill in Rogue C2&3(if you pve) is sneak hit, capture and…hmm…maybe smoke bomb and backstab? oh and feint with ranger’s combo. other skill have too long CD or useless like burrow.

3.On C3 you get burrow which is cool, but useless. you cant use any buff or melee(including backstab) when burrowed, only can use archer shoting skill. when burrowed i think the only skill you can use from Rogue is vendetta. If you dont like afk soloing boss for 20+ min dont take rogue.

4.people always talking about werewolf cards, its very hard to drop, and around 3.5-4m on market(my server), you need at least 7 10star werewolf card to pull out rogue gameplay. runing behind bosses and mobs is kinda hard.

I really like this class so I played until C3. let me know if you have any question.

how do you get 7 werewolf card btw XD

do you just solo crystal mine until they drop? it seems very low chance.

Dropped only two of the 8 i use. They aren’t that expensive on Silute, vary from 500k to 1.8m

Well thank you all for your input but it sadly seems that Rogue C3 is kind of crap in any sort of PvE environment. Guess that idea is gone now but how about I throw another one at you guys just to keep this thread going as to not open another one.

So this is a little different than the other Fletcher builds I’ve been seeing as most I’ve found have be late game farming builds or they go into Mergen which to me seems like a boring build so I’d like to stay away from it. Fletcher itself seems to have high enough damage while some of the earlier ranks would make up for its weaknesses, or atleast I hope.

Archer C2: Alright so this seems like a must in every Fletcher build I come across, everyone goes for the 25% crit from Swift Step and then put a bit more points into STR as the crit chance bonus would make up for the missing DEX. So what if we took it one step farther with Rogue?

Ranger: So Ranger just seems like a fun class to play with the ability to spam a bit of skills and also help with leveling a lot. Also even low level Barrage seems to hit like a truck as I’ve seen in a few gameplay videos. Plus you know Steady Aim is nice blah blah.

Scout: Alright so in terms of my play style, I love the ability of free movement. So for me 1 circle of Scout would be a must for any Archer build and I’ve also seen a lot of Fletcher builds taking one circle of this just for Cloaking. To me this is a must no matter what.

Rogue: Alright so here is where its kind of dicey. “What happens if we take the Swift Step idea one step farther?” Well what does happen? Sneak Hit + Swift Step would be 95% crit chance (I imagine there is diminishing returns in there somewhere.) So this would open up the opportunity to go nearly full STR wouldn’t it? I know the magic number for crit chance is 778 so would you be able to get close to it with this idea and any crit chance you’re missing you could rectify with gems? So this way you’re crit attack would be very high while still having the crit chance to allow it. Also Feint and Capture would have their uses too while thanks to you guys I’ve learned Vendetta is kind of crap, so lets ignore Vendetta entirely.

Fletcher C3: Alright last but not least Fletcher C3. First off I’ve opted out of Crossfire as even though it seems like a great skill I see myself running out of SP way too fast and not being able to use other skills. Even with SP pots and sitting every 10 seconds for that instant SP regen tick. So following every other Fletcher build I’ve seen Broadhead seems like a solid skill to be maxed. Magic Arrow is also definitely maxed and likewise with Divine Machine Arrow. Barbed Arrow would take the place Crossfire as my filler skill since it would cost less SP while still be able to do a solid amount of damage.

Once again, thanks to Swift Step + Sneak Hit, the stat build would be 30 - 50 CON for survivability and then full STR.

How does this one look? I wanted the C3 Rogue to work out but as a new main Fletcher was a close second to it but I didn’t want to be forcing myself to be splitting stat points and having low damage. Though there is the opening here for some DEX invested to make up for whatever my gear couldn’t do.

Well thanks again guys and if this should be in a different thread all on its own cause its a completely different build I’ll rewrite it but in the meantime thank you all for all your feed back and have yourselves a good one.

There is a difference between crit chance & crit rate.

Crit% on mob = crit chance + [crit formula]

All characters have a base crit chance = 0.
And,
[crit formula] =
(character crit rate - enemy crit resist) x (42 / your character level)

So rogue sneak hit adds a flat % for crit chance.
The archer swift step attribute affects this part:
(character crit rate - enemy crit resist) x (42 / your character level)

100%crit formula AGAINST 0 crit resist enemy is max level cap*2.38

there is really no need for scout rank,if you dont pvp.

So there is no point in having both Swift step and Sneak hit? Or would me idea of no DEX with both buffs still stand?

Man from what i can see on your builds all time you skip rank 6/7/8 classes and that’s bad.

You will have no dmg untill r9 lands and you take r9 class x2 circle, or rank 9 filler and rank 10 op 1 circle only class.

Still Mergen and Hacka are future proof and only time can tell us what dev will do to those classes.

You can go for a rank 6 class that at rank 8 is 3/3 or rank 7 one that will be 3/3 at rank 9. If you decide to pick rank 8 class is your LAST pick.

b/c need 3/3 to reach full potential and max rank is 10.

So keep in mind that. Decide the class you would like to play (SW, Falcon, Sniper, Cannoner, Mergen or Hacka) for now your choose is limited to those class. All the ranks before need to improve game play of your “final class”

Rank C6 Are bound to take rank 9 class x2 or rank 9 filler and rank 10 last class.

Also remember C7 class = Bound to get rank 10 new 1 circle class or 1 filler rank.

If you pick Fl3 at rank 8 or Rogue (c5 class) you’re fcked.

Also never take class later rank (don’t build sniper c1 rank 8 when you can be c2 at rank 8 already is a waste)

It is fine.
However it will not be 70% + 25% flat, it will be
70% flat(level 5 sneakhit) + [crit formula result].

Fletcher builds are single-target focused. Good bosser build with magic arrow (high hitcount spammable skill). It is very easy to stay behind bosses to keep proccing sneak hit.

It will be difficult at PvE mobbing party play due to lack of strong AoE. Party grind starts around level 200 (alemeth forest - truffles). You will feel your build most during
party grind & dungeon mobbing(also earthtower content)
VS
mission(kill bosses) + dungeon boss battle + saalus convent(kill bosses) + worldboss hunt(kill boss).

This is good advice, several classes are very punishing if you pick circle late.

@joshuac3105 idea of fletcher3 rogue1 means bosser build. This is a very very very easy build. Just activate buffs and keep spamming magic arrow. When you play it you will lack (burst)damage of a rank 8 class (for example mergen).

You must absolutely love magic arrow from behind to build this.

Either drop the archer2 for hacka (at rank8) if you want to keep rogue or drop ranger rogue for falcon mergen (not a fan of mergen though).

i would say just like other say in the post before rogue 1 is really enought, 2 if you want to be restricted to karcha set only to use backstab.

A2R1RO1Hackapell is the deal, other are filler ranks.

A2QS3R1RO1Hackapell very strong single target build, both ranger faint+barrage and qs 3 running shoot provide you nice arrow stacks that is optimal for hacka.

Forgot you can go full dex and don’t be restricted on WW cards.

You can go classic A2Sc1Fl3Hacka, MA is still good for hacka arrow stack and is 4 sec CD.

All fletcher skills can be used while mounted. Rogue faint + barrage require you to unmount. With some skill can be easy use it and be like all time mounted you dismount only for 1 sec.

Porblem of scout-fletcher-hacka is that you can’t use cloaking while mounted. You can go R2 for additional steady aim.

But remember rogue and fletcher are both c5 classes and don’t suit good/performing in the same build.

Only way it could work is use R8 As filler for take a better deal at c9. But is gamble untill you don’t know r9 release.

Just some more info for you.

I went too harsh on Rogue C3 so i may try to put some nuance there.

It’s not that bad if you get Ranger( and Scout), the real problem is the investment, the stronger meta builds reach viability way earlier , investment wise.

But i’m hitting some good numbers now that i’ve got 3500ish crit attack(STILL using Karacha at lv 330).Actual decent weaponry(Regard Horns/Emengardes) might finally make it stand to the other classes.

I’m a little confused as to how this is a reply to me. That or the site’s notifications screwed something up.

Sry This:

Was for @joshuac3105