Tree of Savior Forum

New player, lvl 55 already thinking about quitting

The flashback is getting real :open_mouth:

No, class reset doesn’t drop your level. It only make your rank go back to rank1 and reset your class level.

You should create a new character. It should take about 2 hours to level 55. So, you can die and drop all 6 gems which you have. Then you can happily rage quit. After that, go to every communities which you know in this life and show people how your rage quit is.

1 Like

i cant create new char like you suggest, my char slot is full and i wont delete any of my char. Please advise, kind sir! this is an urgent matter! Btw, all my lv 7 gems has already been socketed to my equipment, if my char die but the gem doesnt drop, should i just drag drop it manually from my inventory to the field?

2 Likes

How about create new account, so you can do 4 all classes to level 55 and show how much money you need to have better weapons. Some class might need more money, you will have to try that before you have enough frustration to rage to super level to quit.

negative sire! new account is out of possibility. Be more creative

lets not derail anymore. to thread starter, if you feel obliterated at lv 55 then you better quit now, before it is too late and get addicted like the rest of us.

1 Like
1 Like

Grind Timerys till 315, card up + exploration to 330 (if you want)

Actually leveling is not the problem of ToS but the core issues still unfix and how stupid IMC handles IToS, we’re the forgotten child version of ToS :sparkles:

hi new player

please follow xan leveling guide to ease your pain

also consider doing most of the vibora monster kill quest for some money n equipments(drops)

all of us can see the game is dying, less new player joining n more veteran quiting.
Definitely not a healthy mmo u want u invest few thousands hours into it.

enjoy the game as it is for now before it becomes totally dead.

huehuehue

4 Likes

It was supposed to be like that T_T, now they turned the game into a cash milking browser game.

1 Like

You play a role play game and wonder why not everything is spoon-fed to you (not meaning to offend you, but that’s the genre)?
Normally you don’t get detailed introductions/tutorials in RPGs, because throwing you right into the action of a dire situation is the most effective way to make a game interesting.

You learn by doing (i.e. mainly travelling,questing and hunting) and not by going to a library and checking out all books on the topic beforehand. You are the Revelator (along with others) that has to save the world. And you want to quit your task simply because you lack money and equipment [watch Haiiro no Grimgar for reference]? If everyone gives up the world is doomed to die by the hands of the demons…

But yeah, aside from diving more into the lore, you can’t really expect anything. Learning is a basic element of the RP-genre, you learn and grow through experience [ e.g. the levling system/class system/skill system]; without it the game would be dead boring and basically become something like reading an adventure novel [i.e. basically the adventure genre] where you just have to puzzle the clues together to solve/understand and watch everything being solved for you.

Aside that, there’s of course all the drama to us real-world humans with having problems with hardware/software/being overly judicial/etc.
But just blaming the game for “being stuck” if you aren’t really stuck because the game offered you so many options you didn’t utilize. If you just do simple quests,you get EXP cards to use to level up whenever you feel that you lack the “strengh” to continue, and there’s a not-too-shabby amount of them to help you. I managed to proceed my first character to over lvl 100 without even entering any instances, and it never felt really boring or stupid or whatever. It was fun just running around, trying to fend off the new monsters while exploring new maps and doing some sidequests.

Dropping gems also isn’t bad because you can just go where you died and recollect them, it’s done as easily as said.

About the weapon: you don’t need a better weapon. All you need for the 1st 130+ lvls is one weapon around lvl 40-75 with two gem sockets and 8 gems (two have to be red gems). You open the gem sockets at the blacksmith and level your two red gems to lvl 2. One red gem lvl 2 adds 60 maximum attack to your weapon, so having a weapon with 2 lvl 2 red gems increases your maximum attack by 120. That way your attack will skyrocket and you will basically 1-2 hit every monster until level 70+.

You can additionally get buffs from a pardoners buff shop to increase you damage further (currently a little buggy though), but that’s optional as long as you have that gemmed weapon :slight_smile:

By the way, there’s also the FAQ-section on the homepage [https://treeofsavior.com/FAQ/] to give you infos about the game you could’ve read beforehand to playing and feeling miserably afterwards.

oh

let me just add this fact check before u decide to commit into tos

-fps issue
-class balance issue (get ready for broken build after wasting 1year farming equipment for your main because imc fix bugs)
-broken pvp/gvg system (random tbl n gvg exploits)
-rng/dpk/spawnrate for mats (bots monopoly all the mats)
-pay2win (cube items/token sell for millions etc)
-useless stat (current full dex/con meta)
-random dc in daily dungeon/mission/saalus/et

n still many more p2w coming like +potential anvil etc

if u ok with that, tos welcome u~

2 Likes

how tf can you not progress past 50~? you can almost literally be naked at that level and progress…

anyways if you play on klaipeda you can msg me and I can try to help you out. I think new accounts have trade restrictions but if you don’t have such I can give you a few items. some low level eq is good for many levels. but yeah… in this game it punishes you for not knowing what you are doing and it is hard to fix those mistakes. tosbase is a decent website though I would not trust the build guides because you will get cancer from people who tell you to put points into spirit as an archer and ect. the two useful parts of that website to me are the list of classes and the simulators. the forums here are very very useful as well.

Pratically speaking, there isn;t much meaning in upgrading your equipment with anvil and such at an early level cause you will constently be given rather easily better equipment.

lolll /20 characters

Welcome to ToS… hope you enjoy this broken game… at least for now…

1 Like

I would only upgrade eq that gives you a good investment ( such as if you plan on playing many different characters) and only if you have the silver to spare. but you have to have a token ( tokens are this games version of premium benefits) if you wanna pass your items to other chars with team storage. also you have to put effort into increasing your team storage slots which will prob take you a few weeks. I guess newbies do have it hard but once you learn a bit and play a bit longer you will find you have a decent amount of silver for the things you need.

atm something that might be able to make you some silvers at around your level is to farm for the recipe for five hammer. google it and see what zone and what mob drops it. it’s one of the best low level weapons in the game because it has 5 gem slots. you gotta hope no one else is farming for it or you will have competition. takes maybe 1 or 2 hours to obtain. a common item I have farmed many times is the krausas mace. I sell it for about 280,000~ silvers but sometimes it takes several times before someone buys it. it’s pretty ez to farm and around your level range too.

you could also try farming the big red kepa, that some beech drops a recipe that some people would probably pay a decent amount of silver for. it is kind of painful to farm for though. took me a few weeks of casually attempting but maybe you could get lucky. the drop is called crimson leather armor recipe. it is one of the I think 3 recipes you need to complete the collection for in order to obtain 2 team storage slots.

Sidenote: That’s what I like about the incoming Orange Weapons, these mats can’t (or at least aren’t) farmed by bots. :smiley:

Original online RPGs were “My life in the virtual world”<(anything goes).
^this made RO popular
Online RPGs now is “I am the chosen one”<(shoehorned into the story).
^this made cash cows

3 Likes

lol this thread

this takes me back to iCBT2… i leveled past 50 without even knowing the dungeons…

i wasn’t even promoting TOS but got some friends interested and played it… one of them played til 78 without going to dungeons… probably after a few days of playing (he’s working like me so limited playtime) and i was like “wtf dude y u no ask me bout this”

well, going back to RO. you don’t have info just like TOS. Even job change is hard af and is a big pita (depending on the job). I lived it by almost always alt-tabbing with a browser opened to some job change quest guides.

Sorry to say, aside from “special classes” like RC, Shinobi and Miko, the difficulty of job change in TOS is laughable compared to that of RO – and yet in TOS you have an advancement option that would automatically warp you to and fro the maps you needed. In RO you have none of that.

Should i make a thread like this in RO forums? :joy_cat:

2 Likes