Tree of Savior Forum

Grindless road to Rank 8: It's ok to solo now (if no one wants you in grind parties)

After weeks of soloing, I finally have enough exp to ready my “not so wanted in grind parties” swordie build (Sw3 Cata3 Goon1) for R8, and I even still have more quests left to do and get exp cards from.

Just wanted to put it out there that it’s possible and not really that painstaking (EDIT: might be painstaking for weird builds) as I were previously lead to believe, especially now with the new quests, so don’t get scared to roll that solo PVE-lackluster build you’ve always wanted even if you don’t have a guild or friends in-game to carry you.

There’s no secret technique to this. Just refer to the following (you can ignore the part where somewhere it says “grind” :smiley:):

1.) Leveling guide details https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/45xa7j/leveling_guide_for_ktos/

2.) Leveling guide map http://i.imgur.com/4AXgpAA.jpg

3.) BetterQuest addon by our lord and savior @Excrulon (make sure “Show all eligible quests” is ticked) - do quest from top to bottom or follow the guides in #1 & #2 above.

4.) Dailies

• 3 x dungeon full runs (except lv.160 dungeon - do other stuff instead)
  • 3 x Siauliai mission (fedimian merc post) - lv.100+ only
  • 5 x Fedimian merc post daily quest - lv.100+ only (if it requires you to collect items, search for it in the market and see if it’s affordable so you can just buy it to save time)

5.) Complete monster kill counts as much as you possibly can (some monsters at later levels are elites w/ very high hp and ridiculously high required kill count)

6.) 100% all maps as much as you can (very few maps can’t be 100%)

Of course this doesn’t make you safe from what happens in R8. We’re yet to find that out!

If anyone has questions, comment down. :smile:

Time to roll a Squire3 alt (I think he can grind because Pelt)!

12 Likes

with the dungeon boost xp i get better xp just doing queue to dungeon full runs instead grinding bees or demon prison, but that until you hit lvl 160, dungeon 160 dont provide good xp as many says. so what do you do in that range? boosting yourself with cards?

because on my Cata once it hit lvl 160 i used all my xp 5 and some xp6 and i still have 110 xp 6 and a bunch of xp7 and still have to do quest in uska land.

on other hand i just did a templar which only focused on doing quest and map exploring and once hit lvl 100 to do merc mission and dungeons, but only doing that barely hit lvl 225 to have at least lvl for igti coast quest so i dont think that char would even hit lvl 240.

i even remember when i created my cata, i only dedicated to kill monsters for the killing count, quests and following the leveling guide map, doing that i didnt required to use cards, i even dont need to use cards lvl 1 and lvl 2 honestly i used them at lvl 62 but honestly didnt needed them. i didnt know about people doing dungeon with party search if i would know about that i wouldnt even need to use my xp 3 and xp 4 cards at lvl 130 to reach lvl 140.
(yeah i made my way to lvl 130 without using cards)

but what i would like to see with your “guide” its what to do in the following ranges:

160 - 230. since its where i dont find anything else unless using cards

I did hit a slight exp wall around that level. I think it took me 3 days of 3 x Siauliai missions and 5 x merc post quest per day to overcome that wall. I really wasn’t in a hurry.

When you hit 175, it’s all downhill to 210 which by that time you should have enough cards to level yourself up bit by bit depending on your currently doable quest (e.g. if monsters hit you too hard, you can level up until you’re just 5 levels below them) so you don’t experience the damage penalty which would really hurt your questing time and silver (from pots).

At 217, you’ll have another dungeon to do full run.

You should be able to stack cards even when using lower level cards bit by bit until you reach 240 which by then another dungeon awaits.

Some people will say to save cards and grind up. It’s not bad advice, but for people like me who can only play 3-4 hours a day at most, we really need to make the most out of our playing time.

If you’re having problem dealing with monsters 5 levels above you, switch to full plate, get aspersion from shops, and if possible grab 2 x glass bracelets to reduce magic mob damage.

1 Like

If you have cata (I can’t speak for other classes) you can just card from 160-177 (rank 6), get max rush and farm roxona east from 177-195

You should have enough cards for 195-227, but I do suggest grind 2-3 levels at alemeth since 210

1 Like

l…Of course we can solo …I even prefer solo leveling even I have a pelt in my goon… Getting pelt is our own choosing to have a shield…not just to have a party to level with.:hugs:

3 Likes

This. Although, currently I’m trying to grind w/ a party in DP2 lol. I found that with a sapper I can get much faster exp there.

1 Like

5 x Fedimian merc post daily quest - lv.100+ only (if it requires you to collect items, search for it in the market and see if it’s affordable so you can just buy it to save time)

I thought the NPC didnt accept items bought from the market? :open_mouth:

What is the highest exp card level you managed to get from the daily quests?

Do these daily quests give better than Lv9 cards now?

He does accept. :smiley: Makes it faster (as long as you have the silver).

@Anarth @nojustnotos max is still lv.9. Hope he gives higher level cards once R8 comes, or maybe there will be another NPC for those. If he doesn’t, I guess it won’t be worth doing anymore past 280.

What I like is that sometimes he’d request for mats that I already have from doing quests at different maps.

1 Like

Doing all quests and map completions will get you to around 268-270. You need to grind if you want to reach 280 though.

Yeah I think the point of OP is that is what missions, dungeons and daily quests are for.

I’m at level 247 after days of evac and alemeth grinding. I haven’t been looking forward to storage.

@Biskee So 1.2m xp per day. I guess that’s not too shabby, I’ll have to start doing those again.

1 Like

I still have lots of unquested maps. I’ll try and see if I can stretch the exp cards to 280 without ever touching grind. :smiley:

My original goal was just to make sure I’m ready when R8 comes even if I’m still not 280 as I will continue questing right then.

I misused my exp cards on my 1st toon (Archer). He’s stuck at 226 and barely have any exp cards. Last quest was from lv.160+ map. I rushed to get him to R7 without realizing the drawbacks.

I tried to go back and do all the quests from there but I couldn’t handle the boringness, especially kill counts which just isn’t worth anymore since they only give exp cards relative to the monster level and they’re not giving any exp as well. I felt like that was worse than grinding.

Good luck, and hopefully once you catch up to quests around your level, you might enjoy doing them again like I did since there’s challenge compared to one-shotting everything at low level quests.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I guess I just didn’t try enough to get into parties or form my own.

A few times when someone shouts the party link and I join in, someone in party chat would say “we don’t have [chrono/linker/pelt/healer/DPS/anythingexceptSw3Cata3]”. Then I’d notice that I was the 5th member to join. I’ll then just leave immediately.

There are rare cases though, especially during wee hours, where they’d just accept anyone, but I really just didn’t care about joining those anymore.

At least we have a good leveling alternative making grinding an option more than a necessity to get to 280.

Dungeons beyond the 145 one can have ridiculous waiting times. You are better off doing something instead of sitting in the queue for hours.

Yeah, that is one issue too. If you queue during peak hours though you’ll have higher chances of getting a party immediately.

Let’s not play games. Swashbuckling has half the cooldown and substantially better AoE.

Maybe you did find groups to take you in, that’s good for you, but most groups are looking for peltastas when they shout for a swordy.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

yeah, my build isn’t optimal for farming either (falcon2) and i still manage to find groups. I’m sure it’s possible. Swashbuckling is an amazing skill though.